Chapter 8

Life With Boys

Chapter 8

 

    Tiffany was sprawled on her bed in a pair of pyjama shorts and a matching button up shirt. It was her day off and she intended to spend the day not thinking about work and just hang out with the guys like she used to always do. 

 

“What are you doing?” A voice said out of nowhere. 

 

    She mumbled something and stayed where she was positioned. 

 

“You look like you’re dead.” He joked. 

 

“Yong-oppa, I haven’t done this in so long.” She rebutted. 

 

    He went closer to her and gently pushed her a bit so he could lay down beside her. 

 

“Isn’t it a nice feeling?” She asked Yonghwa, who was now in the same position as her. 

 

    He nodded. It felt serene, almost as if everything was frozen and stopped moving, like someone had just hit the pause button with their lives. She scooted as close as she could get and rested her head on his shoulder. 

 

    He looked at her, noticing her exhausted eyes as he entangled his leg with hers. She smiled at the contact and wrapped her arm around him looking for more warmth. 

 

“I wish everyday was just like this.” She sighed.

 

    Yonghwa smiled at the thought, which was suddenly ruined by a loud voice by the door.

 

“What are you two doing?” Yunho’s voice came out of nowhere.

 

“We’ve been calling you guys down to eat lunch.” Donghae said. 

 

“Yah! Yonghwa we told you to call her down not lay down.” Taecyeon snarled. 

 

    Tiffany remained in her bed along with Yonghwa. 

    

    Yunho, Taecyeon, Seunghyun and Donghae stared at Tiffany who seemed so lifeless on her bed. 

 

“Yunho-oppa, Seunghyun-oppa, Hae-oppa, Taec-oppa, can we all just not do anything today?” She muttered. 

 

“Yah! I’m too hungry to do this right now.” Donghae said in frustration. 

 

“You two, down now.” Yunho said in that big brother voice he barely used. 

 

    Yonghwa stood up quickly, he somewhat feared Yunho at times. 

 

“Fine, but promise me we’re not doing anything today, oppa.” Tiffany pleaded. 

 

“We won’t, I promise.” Yunho finally gave in.

 

    Tiffany got up and headed downstairs along with the guys.

 

    After eating, they just decided to watch the TV like they always used to do before their busy lives got the best of them. 

 

“Just got a text from Jae, he’s inviting everyone to go out tonight. Do you guys want to go?” Yunho said, breaking the small conversations going on.

 

“Yes! I get to see Jessica and the other girls. Can we please go?!” Tiffany begged. 

 

“I thought you didn’t want to do anything today?” Seunghyun teased as he gently pinched Tiffany’s sides. 

 

    She laughed, obviously ticklish.

 

“Oppa! Stop that!” She screeched. 

 

The Club

 

“Tiff!!!” Jessica screamed in excitement. 

 

“She’s never that excited to see me.” Jaejoong whispered to Siwon. 

 

“Jess!” Tiffany yelled. 

 

“Oh my God, you look stunning!” Jessica complimented the girl. 

 

    She wore a black glittered short skirt with a plain white button up shirt paired that she accessorized with black thigh high socks and black high heels.

 

“Don’t encourage her Jess, it’s freezing outside and she’s wearing a skirt.” Seunghyun commented, pointing at the length of Tiffany’s skirt. 

 

    Jessica stared him down with looks that could kill. 

 

“She looks fantastic and no weather should stop a girl from dressing the way she wants.” Jessica said. 

 

    Seunghyun shook his head which earned laughter from the group. 

 

“Hi Siwon-oppa! Hi Khun-oppa! Hi Jae-oppa! Hi Taeyang-oppa!” Tiffany greeted, as she ran towards them receiving a peck on her cheek. 

 

“Hi Tiff, you do look very wonderful. Ignore Seunghyun.” Siwon said. 

 

“Yah! Won!” Seunghyun shouted. 

 

    Jessica and Tiffany chatted and drank and was soon joined by Yuri, who came later. 

 

“Is no one making a move on her?” Nichkhun asked Yunho and Donghae who was drinking by themselves as they listened to the music. 

 

“Khun, we’ve told you, she’s off-limits. So whatever you’re thinking, stop.” Yunho gave him a look. 

 

“How do you resist a girl that freaking beautiful? Who also happens to live with you guys?” He continued to question. 

 

    Suddenly, someone gripped on Nichkhun’s shoulder. 

 

    It was Taecyeon. 

 

“She’s just off-limits Khun, so stop.” He growled. 

 

“Fine, but seriously, if one of you don’t do it, someone else will snatch that out of your hands.” Nichkhun stated, pursing his lips towards Tiffany.

 

“Are you still single Tiff?” Yuri asked her. 

 

“Yul!” Jessica said, opened from Yuri’s question. 

 

    Yuri just shrugged off Jessica’s whines and stared at Tiffany expecting an answer. 

 

    Tiffany chuckled at the weird situation she was currently in. 

 

“Don’t worry, it’s okay Jess.” She said, smiling at Jessica who’s mouth was still wide open from shock. 

 

    Before Tiffany could even answer Yuri’s question, Seunghyun approached the girls and put his arm around Tiffany’s waist. 

 

“Do you want something to drink? I’m going to get some.” He asked, arm still connected to Tiffany’s waist. 

 

    She blushed at the sudden touch Seunghyun made. 

 

“Ugh sure, I’ll have uhm, whatever you’re having.” She stuttered. 

 

“How about you guys?” He asked the other two girls.

 

    The two girls shook their heads, speechless, like they were just caught doing something bad. 

 

“I’ll be back then.” He told Tiffany, as his touch lingered on her. 

 

    As soon as Seunghyun walked away, Yuri shot Tiffany with curious filled eyes. 

 

“I’ve never ever seen him like that Tiff.” Yuri stated. 

 

“Yul! Honestly, you don’t know when to stop sometimes.” Jessica said, as she playfully hit Yuri. 

 

    Seunghyun finally made his way back with his and Tiffany’s drinks. 

 

    He pulled a chair and sat down beside her, leaving no space in between. 

 

“So what are we talking about here?” He asked, his eyes scanning their faces. 

 

“Just girl stuff, you know.” Jessica said. 

 

    Tiffany kept a very shy look on her face. Shy because Yuri was now watching her and Seunghyun interact with each other and shy because she did not understand what she was feeling about this whole situation. It was a weird mixture of confusion and liking what was happening. 

 

    As the four continued to chat and be awkward, Siwon suddenly interrupted them and whispered something to Seunghyun. 

 

“Ah, if you can excuse me for a bit.” Seunghyun said, a hint of worry in his voice. 

 

“I promise I’ll be back.” He whispered into Tiffany’s ears, which caused Yuri and Jessica to continue teasing the girl. 

 

    Siwon and Seunghyun walked towards the bar and approached a girl with long dark hair and from what Tiffany could see, this girl was beyond beautiful. 

 

    Tiffany would glance their way every now and then and would notice the very big smile Seunghyun had. She wondered who this girl could be. Knowing Seunghyun, she knew that it was quite difficult to put a smile on his very serious face, she questioned what this girl could mean for Seunghyun. 

 

The House

 

    On their way home, Tiffany remained silent. She kept replaying what she witnessed with Seunghyun and Siwon in her head. She wondered who that girl was the whole ride home. She then went straight into her bedroom, only nodding and responding with one word answers to the guys whenever they asked her something. She was obviously bothered and was getting angry at herself for being bothered. 

 

“I mean, I have no reasons to be bothered but I am. It’s not like he owes me any kind of explanation but is it bad that I expect him to explain himself?” She said to the other person on the phone. 

 

“I don’t even know who we’re talking about, but if you’re so curious, why don’t you just ask him rather than stressing yourself out with something that could mean nothing?” Taeyeon said on the other line.

 

    Taeyeon is Leeteuk’s fiancee. Her and Tiffany were close and they act as if they are sisters. Tiffany often called her about her problems, problems she couldn’t talk to anyone about. 

 

“I’m angry that I’m frustrated with him. I mean he doesn’t have the obligations to explain himself to me, it’s not like we’re dating or something.” Tiffany ranted. 

 

“You’re thinking about it way too much! Now, I’m going to hang up, and you’re going to talk to him.” Taeyeon commanded. 

 

“But Tae…” She whined, as she stopped midway hearing the beep on the other line. She really did hang up. 

 

    She sat in bed and attempted to read a magazine, only to be bothered by the same thoughts that’s been haunting her the whole time. She didn’t want to ask Seunghyun about who that girl was in the club because that might make her look a little clingy. All along, she had this weird almost nauseating feeling in her stomach. Was she jealous? She did not want to admit it. So, she threw the magazine on the floor and sighed loudly. This frustration was heard by Yunho who was coincidentally walking by. 

 

“What’s wrong princess?” Yunho said, in that calming voice he used whenever he sensed there were problems. 

 

    She looked up and stared at him for a second then pouted. 

 

“I just can’t sleep, oppa.” She lied. 

 

    He smirked, he obviously knew she was lying. 

 

“Want to tell me what’s really going on or do you want to keep lying?” He said.

 

“It’s nothing oppa. I really just can’t sleep. Too much in my head, you know?” Tiffany responded. 

 

    He walked closer to her and sat down on her bed. 

 

“Don’t stress yourself out too much.” He smiled at her. 

 

    He leaned himself against the headboard and opened his arms, calling her in for a hug. 

 

    She got up and sat down on his lap as she sighed in relief. She was relieved that no matter what, there was always someone to put a smile on her face. She gently threw herself at his arms, fitting into it like she was made for this and hugging him tightly.

 

    He cradled her like a baby and  hugged her tightly like never wanting to let go. 

 

“Thanks oppa. You’re honestly the best.” She whispered sleepily, as she nuzzled her face into the crook of his neck. 

 

    He stopped an impending laugh, obviously a little sensitive in that area. 

 

“You know I’m always going to be here, no matter what.” He whispered and planted a kiss on the back of her head. 

 

    Her eyes betrayed her and was soon asleep comfortably wrapped tightly around his bear hug.