Chapter 9

Life With Boys

Vogue

    

    It was days after the whole Seunghyun incident happened and up until now, it still bothered her but she still haven’t spoken to him about it. 

 

“Earth to Tiffany!” Bora exclaimed. 

 

    She waved her hand in front of the dazed Tiffany. 

 

“Tiff!” She finally yelled. 

 

    Tiffany shook her head in surprise of the out of nowhere yelling of Bora. 

 

“I’m sorry, I just zoned out.” Tiffany excused herself. 

 

“You’ve been doing a lot that lately, zoning out, everything okay?” Bora asked. 

 

    Bora was concerned about her friend’s mental state. Tiffany always looked preoccupied with other things, like her present being keeps drifting away. 

 

“Mm.” She nodded. 

 

“Anyway, you’re going tonight, right?” Tiffany added, quickly changing the topic. 

 

“I probably am going. You should go too! You need to meet my boyfriend!” Bora excitedly said. 

 

“Boyfriend?” Tiffany asked. 

 

“I’m not surprised you have a boyfriend. It’s just that you’ve never spoken about it before so I’m a little shocked!” Tiffany added. 

 

    Bora chuckled at the flustered girl. 

 

“It’s okay. I know what you mean. I’m just not that public about my relationship and it kind of just started so I didn’t want to jinx it. But since you’re basically like my best friend. You’re going to have to meet him.” Bora answered. 

 

“You bringing anyone?” Bora asked.

 

    Tiffany stopped whatever she was doing and went deep into thought. She was well aware of the guys’ schedule and knew that Yonghwa, Yunho and Taecyeon wouldn’t be able to go with her. So that left Donghae and Seunghyun. However, she still was a little angry with Seunghyun, so she quickly crossed him off that list. 

 

“If he wants to come with me, then probably yes.” She smiled. 

 

“Boyfriend?!” Bora asked. 

        

    Tiffany just slyly smiled and shook her head indicating no but blushed at the thought. 

 

The House

 

    Tiffany got home to an empty house. She wondered where everyone was. 

 

“Is anyone home?” She yelled. 

 

“Yah.” Someone answered. 

 

    The one person she wanted to avoid so badly ended up making his presence known. 

 

    Her eyes widened like she had just seen a ghost.

 

“It’s just me Tiff.” He chuckled at her frightened expression. 

 

“Hi oppa. Where’s everyone else?” She said, putting her purse down. 

 

“Work.” He simply answered, as he made his way down the stairs. 

 

“Hae-oppa doesn’t work today.” She told him. 

 

“He went out with Siwon and Changmin for drinks.” He told her. 

 

“Why?” He continued, making his way downstairs to where she was. 

 

    She stared at him for a quick second only to be caught looking. She immediately looked somewhere else and pretended she wasn’t staring. 

 

    He smirked at her being weird. 

 

“I wanted to invite him to my co-workers party. I thought he was free.” She honestly told him. 

 

    He looked at her, almost saying that he was free and would love to go with her. 

 

“But I guess I’ll go alone.” Tiffany added, passing him a sarcastic smile. 

 

“What have I done now?” Seunghyun asked, gently grabbing her hand as she made her way pass him. 

 

“You’re clearly upset with me. You don’t think I’ve noticed?” He persisted. 

 

“You stopped coming into my room. Hell, you've stopped even saying 'hi' to me. You’ve stopped sitting beside me. No matter how hard I try to get close, you quickly move like I'm plagued with some disease. Tell me what I did, so I can fix it.” He kept on going. 

 

“You’re not going anywhere until you tell me what to do.” He declared. 

 

    He moved in front of her. Hand still gripping on hers, gently prying her fingers open so he could lock his fingers with hers. He pouted and saw frustration on her face. She remained quiet, letting him interlock his hands with hers. 

 

“It wasn’t because of what happened at the club a couple of days ago, was it?” He knew the reason as to why she was angry the whole time.

 

    She remained silent, not wanting to let him get to her. He smiled almost too smugly knowing he hit some nerve. 

 

“I shouldn’t be bothered about it. I don’t have the right to be, I’ll get over it.” She cooly said, hands still connected. 

 

“Hm.” He hummed. 

 

    She stared at him, huffing while she waited for him to say something, which felt like an eternity.

 

“She was an old friend. We went out a couple of times but it didn’t work out and that’s that. Hyori’s now married. I didn’t tell you because it isn’t important. If I had known it was going to matter this much. I would have told you who she was.” He explained. 

 

“It’s just that you promised you were coming back but you’ve forgotten because you were preoccupied with apparently someone who's 'not even important'.” She mocked him.

 

“It’s petty, I know. But whatever, I’ll get over it.” She continued. 

 

    He had a smile on his face the whole time. He was flattered that he had unknowingly caused her to be jealous and he found it cute that she was jealous.

 

“I’m so sorry that I’ve forgotten to come back. I honestly have no excuse for that. It just slipped my mind. I’m really sorry, princess.” He apologized, pulling her closer to him.

 

    She felt hot all of a sudden, feeling embarrassed about how insignificant her frustrations were. 

 

“You could have told me this sooner, oppa! I feel so ridiculous now.” Tiffany told him.

 

    She then buried her face into his chest, hiding the embarrassment on her face. 

 

“I’m sorry I was angry at you for something so absurd.” She mumbled, still buried into his chest. 

 

    He let go of her hands and quickly wrapped it around her waist and rested his chin on her head. 

 

“Still not going to invite me to this party?” Seunghyun teased. 

 

“Want to come with me?” Tiffany faintly said, still hiding her face. 

 

“Mhm.” Seunghyun murmured. 

 

“We’ll leave in an hour, get ready.” She ordered, still not showing her face. 

 

“Okay.” He responded, still not letting go. 

 

Jiyong’s Party

 

“Tiff! Over here!” Bora yelled, spotting Tiffany in the crowd full of people.

 

“Come, you have to meet Bora!” Tiffany said, dragging Seunghyun. 

 

    She hugged Bora briefly and greeted her. 

 

“This is Jay, my boyfriend. Jay, this is Tiffany, the girl I’ve talked about for so long now.” Bora said, pointing to the man beside her. 

 

“Very pleased to meet you!” Tiffany said, extending her hand out for a hand shake. 

 

“I’ve heard a lot about you and the pleasure is all mine.” Jay said, taking her hand. 

 

“Bora, this is Seunghyun, my…” Tiffany paused for a little bit.

 

“Hello, Tiffany’s talked a bunch about you. It’s very nice to meet you.” Seunghyun said, cutting Tiffany off.

 

“Mm, I bet she has.” Bora said, wiggling her eyebrows as she teased the other. 

 

“If you can excuse me, I just have to go to the men’s.” Seunghyun excused himself. 

 

“I’ll go with you.” Jay said, not wanting to be left alone with the girls.

 

    As soon as the guys left, Bora quickly moved beside Tiffany.

 

“Who the hell is that?! He’s a total hottie.” Bora blurted out. 

 

“I live with him. He’s one of the guys.” Tiffany answered.

 

“He’s one of the guys? If you had told me they looked like that, I would've insisted on coming over but the way he had his hand on your waist, clinging to every inch of you does not look like he’s just one of the guys.” Bora stated. 

 

    Tiffany rolled her eyes at how ridiculous this all sounded. 

 

“He’s really hot though, if I was single. I’d gladly take him off your hands.” Bora teased. 

 

“So glad you guys made it.” Jiyong said, popping out of nowhere as he greeted the two girls.

 

“Happy Birthday Ji!” Bora blurted out.

 

    Tiffany smiled and greeted him a happy birthday as well. 

 

“Oh babe, this is Jiyong. Jiyong, this is Jay.” Bora introduced Jay who just made his way back to the girls.

 

“And this is Seunghyun, Tiffany’s friend?” She continued, a little hesitant on the word friend.

 

    Jiyong swiftly plastered a practically ‘alpha male’ smile. 

 

“Nice to meet you guys.” Jiyong said, slightly nodding his head towards them, a smirk still visible on his face. 

 

“I’ll just quickly make my rounds but before I go, might I say, Tiffany, you look exquisite in that dress.” He added. 

 

    Seunghyun slightly s his hand around her waist, making sure Jiyong could see. 

 

“Thank you.” Tiffany told Jiyong. 

 

    The party went on. There was loud music, drinks and food, things that are expected in a party. Seunghyun had his arms wrapped around Tiffany, who was standing in front of him as they swayed to the music playing while whispering sweet nothings to each other. Jay and Bora mostly kept to themselves as they talked and giggled. 

 

“What’s the deal with that Jiyong guy?” Seunghyun whispered to Tiffany. 

 

“What do you mean? He’s my boss.” She answered. 

 

“Hm, I don’t like him very much.” He bluntly said. 

 

“Oppa! Play nice.” Tiffany said, gently hitting one of his hands that was wrapped around her. 

 

    He laughed at her comment. This was nice, he thought. Time spent away from everyone and having her by himself. He barely had time with just her, so he was taking advantage of what seemed like a once in a lifetime opportunity. 

 

“Jiyong-ssi.” Tiffany tapped his shoulder. 

 

“We just wanted to say we’re going to go ahead.” Tiffany added, hands held tight by Seunghyun, who now was sporting the same smile Jiyong had earlier. 

 

“Aw, it’s a shame you’re leaving so early.” Jiyong pouted. 

 

“I know, I’m sorry. But anyways, happy birthday again!” Tiffany greeted him one last time, letting go of Seunghyun’s hand and giving Jiyong a quick hug.

 

    Jiyong then took his chance and planted a quick but sweet kiss on her cheek. 

 

“Thank you for coming and please drop the honorific, I think we’ve most past that. Don’t you think? I prefer you call me oppa.” Jiyong said, his touch lingering on her skin. 

 

    Seunghyun who was beside Tiffany had an annoyed look on his face. He really did not like Jiyong. He found him conceited and seem to think he knows it all. 

 

“We had a really great time.” Tiffany smiled. 

 

“Bye Jiyong-ss…oppa.” She embarrassedly said. 

 

“Bye Tiffany.” Jiyong had a telling smile.

 

    Seunghyun glared at him. Jiyong almost saying ‘she’s mine’ with his smile. 

 

“And Seunghyun, it was nice meeting you.” He added in an almost too serious tone. 

 

“You too, man.” Seunghyun said, in that low, gravelly voice he possessed. 

 

The House

 

    On their way home, Seunghyun mostly kept quiet, only muttering responses. He had a frustrated look on his face the whole time. He was jealous and he knew that and there was no point in denying it. Tiffany although clueless of what the problem was, noticed the very silent Seunghyun. He was always kind of quiet but Tiffany knew something must have happened for him to act so cold.

 

    Before they could even step a foot in the house, Tiffany grabbed him by his coat. 

 

“Stop.” She uttered.