Chapter 1

The Christmas Carol

Ever since that incident, Hyemin and Hoya grew even more distant. Rarely talked, or made eye contact with each other. When he got drunk in the club, he incountered his ex-girlfriend, Seoyoung.

Seoyoung was a good girlfriend to Hoya no doubt, but when he met Hyemin, he broke up with her to date Hyemin and Hoya never saw Seoyoung ever since, like she never existed. That was because she moved away from Seoul but came back because of work. Seoyoung thought since Hyemin wasn't with him that time and there was no sign of her, Seoyoung thought that maybe they broke up and never suspected that he was married to her. She thought that Hoya was finally free to date, both of them could do it together.

Seoyoung was definetly suprised when they got to his house and saw Hyemin standing there when the door opened. Come to think of it. She have been living without Hoya almost her entire life and maybe she was to blind to see that she probably no longer needed Hoya. Sure seeing Hyemin and Hoya together back then made her jealous, wanting to get revenge. But now that she did, she didn't feel that she got even, she felt guilty.

Hyemin was definetly furious to find her one husband and a woman together. She had enough of him, him and his tricks and him and his lies, and decided to divorce. Even if it was a misunderstanding, she would never listen. No matter how much Hoya pleaded and begged to stop ignoring him, it would never work and just makes her want to get away from him more.

"Hyemin just listen, please don't leave. It was a mistake, I would never do that~" One of Hoya's pleads that Hyemin would always hear.

'Today...today is Christmas Eve. The day before the divorce, before it's all over...' Hyemin thought as she walked home from work. After all Hoya's complains, he finally gave up and agreed to signed the papers.

Hyemin already planned after what she's going to go through. She will be going to move in with Ahri and Boyoung, and forget about Hoya and the kids and live as a new person in the world.

While Hoya is going to live with the kids and take full care of them as he could and probably work full time to pay expencies and food.

She did her night routine and sleep by herself in their room and Hoya slept in the living room. She sleeped peacfully until the clock striked midnight on the grand father clock they had.

A mysterious figure appeared in the room. It went toward Hyemin and realized that she was still sleeping. It searched around the room and suspected that no one was there.

Hyemin opened her eyes, she felt that someone was in the room. She got up and screamed until it shushed her by covering .

"Be quiet, you don't want to wake up the kids do you?" A girl voice said. The voice was familar somehow. The girl let go of Hyemin and Hyemin widened her eyes. "Do you remember me?" The girl asked and smiled.

"Ha Eunyeon? You're...a...a..gh-"

"A ghost." Eunyeon cutted her off. "Don't you remember?" She asked "I used to be your friend." Hyemin got off her bed and crawled closer to Eunyeon.

"Eunyeon? I thought you were...dead." Eunyeon nodded, her smile disapeared.

"And you're going to end up like me."

"What?"

"3 spirits are going to try to convince you to stay with Hoya. Every time the clock strikes midnight one of them will visit you. You only have tonight to change you're mind...Good luck." Eunyeon disapeared.

Hyemin was speechless on what just happened.

Hyemin woke up from bed. The clock striked midnight, she looked down. "Good, it was a dream..."

"What's a dream?" Hyemin shrieked, then faced the person. It was a regular guy, but his skin seem to have a golden glow and a cheerful aura. Plus, he had very small eyes.

"Who are you?" He cocked his head sideways.

"I'm Sunggyu, the spirit of Christmas past."

Then a voice echoed in Hyemin's head: "3 spirits are going to try to convince you to stay with Hoya..."

"So you're going to convince me to stay with Hoya?" Sunggyu nodded

"Bingo." He stood up from Hyemin's bed and took her hand. "Come with me..." He opened a portal with his hand.

"Where are we going!!!!" As she said as she was dragged into the portal.

 

Hyemin and Sunggyu appeared at a school.

"Do you remember this?" Sunggyu asked.

"Yeah, this was when Hoya confessed to me..."

"Oh and I forgot to tell you, you can hear what everyone is thinking but you can't change it." They were both quiet when they were watching the scene.

Past Hoya went to Hyemin when she was talking to her friends in the cafeteria. He had roses and chocolate with him and was wearing a suit. 'I can do this...' He thought.

"Park Hyemin..." Past Hyemin, her friends, and everyone in the cafeteria payed attention to Hoya. He nervousily got down on his knee and presented the roses and chocolate. "I know you barely know me, and we just met and everything..." He gulped. "Will you accept these flowers and be my girlfriend?"

There was silence in the cafeteria, waiting for Hyemin's answer. Past Hyemin took the flowers and the box of chocolate. Hoya was shaky and nervous and prepared for her answer if she said 'no'. She smiled.

"Yes." Everyone cheered. Hoya got up and kissed Hyemin. She was suprised at his sudden move, but slowly closed her eyes and deeply enjoyed the kiss.

"This was probably the first time a boy confessed to me." Hyemin said.

"Who's her?" Sunggyu pointed at a girl. The girl was the only person that wasn't cheering. She was all in black; black long hair, boots, flawless skin, skinny, and had a good figure. She left the cafeteria. At first, Hyemin didn't believe it but it was who she thought it was, Seoyoung.

"Seoyoung...She looks so different." When she saw her with Hoya, she didn't look anything like that; she had brownish- blondish long hair, an elegant feel with make up, and had a more feminine look.

"Let's watch her." Sunggyu said and both of them followed her. She opened her locker and took a photo out. A tear slipped down her cheek. The photo was Hoya and her together.

Her phone ringed. "Hello?" She answered "Yes appa, I'll be right there..." She hanged up and packed her stuff. She went out of the school and got into the car. 'Good bye Hoya, I hope you have a good time with Hyemin. You were right; you two were made for eachother.' She thought as the car drove away.

'Hoya and Seoyoung used to date?' Hyemin asked herself

"Sunggyu?"

"Yeah?"

"I wish to go home."

"As you wish."

Hyemin got transported to her bed room, where she tried to go to sleep even though that 2 more spirits will visit her soon.