Prolouge

The Christmas Carol

Hyemin and Hoya have been married for 10 years. Loved eachother dearly. Had 2 kids. And no fights ever since they married.

But that all changed.

 

They started to ignore eachother. Started to be distant. And rarely said 'I love you'

 

Hyemin was the most matured one in the relationship. She worked hard to earn money for Hoya and the kids by working as the mangager of Corner Café, with her two best friends Ahri and Boyoung.

While Hoya was more of a laid back one; whenever Hyemin was getting a little too stressed, it would be him who calmed her down. And also when she was getting too strict on the kids, he reminds her not to be too mean.

Soohyun and Hyunsoo were twin brother and sister. Soohyun is the oldest one while Hyunsoo is the youngest. They're were both 5 years old.

It's not that Hyemin and Hoya hate each other, it's just that they feel like they shouldn't have married in the first place.

"Order number 5 is ready..." Ahri said through the speaker. Boyoung took order number 5 to the customer.

"Almost time for closing Ahri!" Hyemin shouted.

"How much?" Ahri asked from the cashier.

" 'Bout half an hour, make sure everything's okay." Hyemin went over and slipped her arm through her coat "I'm done for today, you and Boyoung watch the café." She nodded.

"Good night!" Boyoung and Ahri said and waved goodbye. Hyemin bidded her goodbyes did and walked out the door. It was snowing like a winter wonderland outside that night. Hyemin blowed into her hands while walking by herself in the snow.

'Gosh, it's so cold...' She thought and turned to her neighborhood. She went up her patio and pulled her key out of her pocket. The momment she entered the house, Soohyun and Hyunsoo ran to her and hugged her legs.

"Mommy!" Hyunsoo cheered. Hyemin tried to walk with Soohyun and Hyunsoo holding on to her legs.

"Let go of umma's legs okay?" They both let go. Hyemin looked around "Where's dad? Wasn't he with you when I left?" Soohyun and Hyunsoo looked at eachother.

"Appa left a long time ago..." Soohyun said

"So he just left you here?" She raised her voice as she asked. They nodded. "Where did he do?" Hyemin asked curiously.

"He said he needed to go somewhere." Hyunsoo said. Hyemin looked down.

'Where did he go?' She thought. She flicked a look at the clock, it was 9:30 pm. "Come on kids, it's past your bedtime. Go to sleep now." Hyemin led them upstairs, helped them brush their teeth, change in to their pj's, put them to bed, and kissed their foreheads.

"Good night Soohyun." She kissed her forehead. She headed to the door until Soohyun spoke.

"Umma, is appa going to come back?" She asked. Hyemin turned back and walked to her daughter, and crouchted down to her level.

"Appa is going to come back, don't worry..." She got up and left the room. She did her night routine and walked to bed at 10:00 pm. Though, her worrying about Hoya kept her from sleeping.

 

While Hyemin was at home, Hoya went to a club with his friends, Sungjong, and Sungyeol. They enjoyed drinking soju and not worrying about anything.

"Hyung, I think you're drinking too much soju..." Sungjong said. "Are you okay?" Hoya got up.

"I'm fine, I think it's getting a little late. I should go." He drunkly walked to the exit. His eyesight wasn't clear and he couldn't think clearly.

"Howon, I never thought I saw you anymore..." A girl said. He couldn't see her completly but she looked familar somehow. The girl sort of looked like Hyemin.

"What are you doing here?" She laughed

"What do you mean? I'm always with you, and did you forget?" He had a confused look on his face. Her voice seems familar too, like he met her before. "Today's my birthday..." She said.

"It is?" He asked. She chuckled a bit.

"Oh oppa, I remember you being like this..." She looked down.

"Do you want anything?" She smirked.

"You know what I want..." And led Hoya to somwhere.


A/N: Hello!

Sorry if this is short. I'm still sorta new at writing one shots but it's okay.

So who do you think the girl is? Was it Hyemin or...someone else?

Please Comment & Subcribe!!!

No Silent Readers