Trickery

Trickery

Minwoo and Eric was in a relationship for nearly five months already, it was smooth, with bickerings here and there, but nothing serious as both of them are playful so they argued at the most trivial things.

It was a Sunday, both of them were lazily sitting on the sofa in Minwoo's livingroom, watching weekend drama that was broadcasting on TV as Minwoo loves dramas. 

"But it's always the same.... Love triangles..." Eric commented as he watched with his boyfriend.

"I watch for the acting and the story line, the settings and developments..." Minwoo ranted on. "Also, it's portraiting most aspects of relationships, well, with some over exaggerations..."

"But the main leads always ended up together... That doesn't happen in reality."

"True... Since break up is heart-breaking, especially when one get cheated on or lied to..." Minwoo agreed.

"Since it's heart-breaking, and we don't know if we will last or not, why not prepare our heart for it?" Eric was at it again, blurting one of those crazy ideas that he had in his head.

"What do you mean by that?" Minwoo questioned as he doubted that one can really prepare themselves for break up.

"Relationships end when one is cheating and playing with the other, doesn't it? So why don't we trick each other, so that we don't fall in love so hard that if break up does happen, we will be ready, since we know that we were tricking each other from the beginning?" As crazy as it sounded, one would wonder why Eric thought of such thing but it just happened that way, Eric was an eccentric man, he had many insane ideas before. What was more shocking was that Minwoo actually had agreed to those before, and as unbelievable as it seemed, everything had turned out right. 

This time, once again, Minwoo had considered to play along with his bizarre boyfriend as he thought no harm would come out of it. They knew that they were just playing and tricking, the matter was quite straight forward, at least that what it seemed to Minwoo's simple mind.

"Alright!" Minwoo said to Eric. And so that was how their crazy twisted relationship began.

------------------------------------------

One week later

Just when Minwoo thought that Eric had forgotten about the crazy idea that they had agreed on, the guy turned up with tricks, or more of pranks, up his sleeves. While Minwoo was having his relaxing shower, with sunglasses on for no particular reason, Eric had sneaked into the unlocked bathroom. Due to fog on the glass, Minwoo didn't notice at all and continued singing, dancing to Venus passionately, as if he was part of Shinhwa, doing a live performance. As soon as he stepped out of the shower, Eric immediately squirted a full bottle of ketchup onto the freshly washed hair.

"Yah!!!" Minwoo yelled.

"Merong!" Eric laughed."Your fault for not letting me shower with you."

"Get your here!" Minwoo was fuming with anger. Eric swiftly pushed the other guy into the shower, the cold water tap.

"Yah!!!!!!! It's cold...." Minwoo screamed but it died down as he was shivering from the sudden cold.

"Let's me warm you up then." Eric smiled as he stepped into the shower and hugged Minwoo. What happened after that? Well, up to your imagination as this fic is a clean one, and I need to tell their story, not their ual activities.

 

Kakaotalk 

Eric 2:00PM: I went shopping with this guy, and picked out his outfit. Doesn't he look handsome?

[Image of Andy]

Minwoo smiled bitterly at the message, his heart was stung, thinking that it was just one of Eric's acquaintance.

Minwoo 2:10PM: I also met a guy today, he's a backup dancer for Shinhwa. Isn't he amazing? 

Eric was boiling to the replied message, thinking just what is Minwoo trying to do?

Eric 2:13PM: Which one should I pick? Orange or green?

[Image of the two scarves]

What? You want me to pick for that guy? Are you out of your mind?

Minwoo 2:17PM: Green. Should I go to Shinhwa Concert? The guy said he could get V.I.P ticket of the concert since he's a staff there. 

Are you already going on a date with him? Oh how I want to rip that guy to pieces.

Eric 2:19PM: Have fun there! Gota go~~ 

That was just one of their bizarre conversations, as they continued to play with each other's heart, they were hurt, but they couldn't stop as they believed that if they were meant to be, then this would be nothing.

 

Two weeks later

Minwoo was dropping by their favourite cafe for a coffee, unexpectedly, Eric was there but he was not alone. He was chatting happily with a man, the one that he sent Minwoo the photo of, as they stood up to foot the bill, the man had his arm around Eric's shoulder intimately. Minwoo was shocked, so shocked that he left immediately, without Eric noticing. 

Why did you let the other get close to you? Are you that needy? Do you plan to go that far just for the ridiculous idea that you had? Why didn't I barge in and drag you away? Maybe because I was unsure of your love for me.

 

Weekend

Eric was shopping in the mart for his weekly groceries, as he pushed his trolley through the aisles, he spotted a familiar figure. It turned out to Minwoo, with another man that was not Eric. They were pushing their trolley together, feeding each other with the free food samples. Eric was about to confront Minwoo but he stopped himself. He was the one that started this, he couldn't put down his pride and demand that Minwoo should be with him. After all, it was just a trick. He walked pass them as if they didn't know each other.

You think I will be hurt? No I won't. It doesn't matter anymore but I won't be the one defeated. I won't be the one that let go.

Eric 12:09PM: You looked nice together, is that guy good?

Minwoo felt his heart aches, has Eric already given up on him? Was the guy at the cafe that amazing? The guy was with is great, but he's nothing in comparison to you.

Minwoo 12:14PM: He's alright, have you found anyone yet?

Minwoo cried as he sent the message.

 

200 days anniversary

Minwoo sighed as he noticed the circled day, he was not expecting anything, not at all. The whole day was plain and dreary, he didn't get any text from Eric, not even when he had texted the guy to congratulate on their 200th day.

Eric 9:00PM: Open the door, I'm waiting.

So he did prepare something!

Minwoo excitedly rushed outside. Upon opening the door, he was surprised to see Eric holding out a bundle of different shades of orange roses. However, before he could get too happy, his heart dropped.

"I got it from a salewoman, she was about to chuck it away as no one wanted it. I got a 50% discount. Isn't it great?" Eric laughed.

"Then that tie you're holding is also discarded, isn't it?" Minwoo bitterly snapped. Eric couldn't say anything but scratched his head. Without saying anything, Minwoo pulled the other in for a kiss, a long one, with a tang of saltiness from the tears that had fallen on Minwoo's face.

"Let's break up... It shouldn't hurt as we were prepared for it..." Minwoo softly said after the kiss.

"Uhm...let's break up..." Eric replied in a somewhat sad tone.

 

One year later

Minwoo's doorbell rang, he opened the door, shocked.

"What are you doing here? You said you would never look for me even since we broke up?" Minwoo yelled.

"Do you want to know how I tricked you? The guy that I went shopping with was Andy, my cousin from America that came for a holiday. The roses, I had to ordered two weeks before, since it was difficult to grow such colours. The tie, I had it specially made just for you, with your intial on it, but you didn't even take a look." Eric paused, letting the other digest all the information before he continued. "After one year of breaking up, I realised how much I love you, I realised how foolish I was to be so prideful, I realised how much I need you in my life."

"Then, do you want to know how I also tricked you? I met up with the backup dancer so that I could get the concert tickets for both of us. The guy that was a the mart with me is my cousin from the countryside. I, too, missed you like crazy, but I couldn't ask you to come back as I was the one that let go. I still love you." Minwoo was getting emotional, his eyes were teary.

Eric pulled out a small box from his pocket. There was a shiny ring inside the sparkled up when Eric opened the box. 

"Will you marry me?" Eric asked as he slipped the ring onto Minwoo's finger.

"Is this another trick?" Minwoo glared at Eric. "But I don't care, I'm not letting go ever again. I will marry you, Eric." 

 


Kill me now, my brain is partially dead, I have my last exam tomorrow but here I am, writing this fic!! At least it's complete now wahahahahaha..... SO crazy.... I'm too in the mood for writing that I had finished Insatiable Indulgence and wrote some chapters for Masks and started a new fic Paths...... Happy reading...... DO comment, or else... who knows when I'm gona write again....