2.

The purest love

          Some days later, you were out, searching for a good estate agency because you somehow felt that it was the time to search for a new lodging. Indeed, as a student, you lived in an apartment which belonged to the university. However, you couldn't go to the university anymore because of the pregnancy.

When you had discovered about it, you went to the school's nurse to ask her some advice, however she told the principal about it and in the week following, you had received a letter from the university saying that they couldn't afford having a pregnant student among their students, it'd be bad for the university's fame.

Your research of apartment was hard to achieve because all that were presented were expensive. Being the simple student you were, you didn't have a big amount of money. Your parents used to send you money every months but since you told them the truth, no more money were transfered to your bank account. Getting a job was hard still because of the baby. Being a single mother was badly seen in South Korea. Morever when the pregnant girl was very young.

After spending a whole forenoon visiting different estate agencies, you began feeling tired. Of course, walking this much wasn't a good thing for the baby but what else could you do when you were alone ? To rest a bit, you sat on a bench. As you were 3 months pregnant, it could be seen when staring at your tummy. Some people stared at you with wide eyes, whispering, probably judging you. However, you tried to keep a strong mind and ignore them. Full of proud, you got up and walked to a restaurant, still feeling housewives' gazes upon you. After eating the cheapest food you found, you kept on searching for agencies.

As your feets hurt, your stomach too, you decided to get back home. However, a surprise was waiting for you there. A paper was stuck to the door, a red one. You couldn't help but feel desperate and wanting to cry when you read it. It came from the owner of the building who told, more like ordered, you to leave the place in a week. You had to be out of the students' building in a week. Where would you go ? You didn't have enough money to afford a new home. Feeling helpless, you called Jeong Hun to ask him to meet you. The appointment was set at a coffee shop.

 

          Jeong Hun reached the place after you. He got more worried, than the sound of your voice first made him, when he saw your face and watery eyes.

 

Jeong Hun : what's wrong Miss ?

You : I'm going to be kicked out

 

Even though the tears didn't fall, Jeong Hun knew the difficulty you had to talk about this.

 

Jeong Hun : you really don't have any family around here ?

You : aniyo.... I can't even afford a simple flat

Jeong Hun : what are you going to do ?

You : I don't know..

 

For a while, none of you talked. He was deep in his thoughts, trying to find a solution.

 

Jeong Hun : when do you have to leave ?

You : I have one week left to find a new shelter

Jeong Hun : then.. tomorrow, you're going to move to my house until you find somewhere else to stay

You : I don't want to bother you Ahjussi. Moreover, you have to take care of your son. I'll be a burden

Jeong Hun : ani you won't. I don't know what else you can do so please just live with us. At least for a couple of days

You : I-

Jeong Hun : you don't have any others way out of the mess

You : aigoo jeongmal gomawoyo Ahjussi. I promise that I'll be quiet. I'll help a lot at your house

Jeong Hun : I prefer seeing this, a smile is better than tears. Keep smiling, it suits you well

 

He realized that this way of talking was too much. He wasn't trying to flirt however he couldn't hold the sweetness back. It was stronger than him. Your eyes, your lips, your cheeks, your cuteness, it made him feel as if he was facing his Han Byul. You were exactly the same as the woman. Maybe was it Han Byul who sent you to look after him and Jun Hyung ? After setting things with you, Jeong Hun excused himself. He had to go back home to talk to his son about the soon-to-be roommate.

 

          Jun Hyung was in his bedroom when he heard his father calling him. Sighing, he paused his music to go to the lounge where Jeong Hun was sitting. Standing in the entrance of the room, he stared at the elder with an annoyed expression.

 

Jeong Hun : we need to talk about something important

Jun Hyung : what's up ?

Jeong Hun : can't you sit and take some time with your father ?

Jun Hyung : don't call yourself like that Jeong Hun-ssi

Jeong Hun : I understand that you dislike me Jun Hyung-ah but please.. it's an important matter

 

Resentful, the son sat on the same couch but far from his father. He put a feet on the coffee table knowing that it would irritate the other man. Surprisingly, Jeong Hun didn't even blink at this move which caused the youngest of the home to frown.

 

Jeong Hun : I met a young girl some days ago-

Jun Hyung : mwo ?? how dar-

Jeong Hun : calm down Jun Hyung-ah. This isn't what you think

Jun Hyung : how can it-

Jeong Hun : this girl is 20 years old and she's pregnant. I met her at the supermarket

Jun Hyung : what's the point of this ?

Jeong Hun : she almost had a miscarriage and I helped her. She's all alone you know and I want to help her so... she's coming tomorrow. She'll be living with us for some days

Jun Hyung : how can you take such a decision without asking me ?!

Jeong Hun : would you agree if I had ask you ?

Jun Hyung : I don't know

Jeong Hun : you wouldn't and that's why I didn't ask. Moreover, this is my home so I can do whatever I want

Jun Hyung : this is exactly why Eomma died ! You're such a selfish man !

 

          Jeong Hun felt as if someone had slapped him. People said truth hurts, it was true. His heart broke as the remark of his son. He was selfish, that was why Han Byul went through so much troubles. But he didn't want anybody else to go trough this and it was exactly the reason why he took care of you. Wanting to apologize to his son, Jeong Hun opened his mouth but nothing came out.

 

Jun Hyung : forget about it. It's useless to talk to you anyways

 

He watched his son walking away without reacting. Nobody ever made him feel that way. It was so painful yet so true. Jeong Hun was wondering how things would go with you living here, with Jun Hyung being the stubborn and impolite man he was, and him.. being the selfish careless father...