Chapter 2.

Goodbye, My First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The year passed. Hyunsik was the one who kept talking to me even though all I did was ignore him or give him short answers. He'd ask me how my day was, purposely borrowed my book that I was always reading to make me pay attention to him, pull me along to the school cafeteria to eat with his friends, and every other random thing that he could think of to make me look at him. Honestly, all the random talks calmed me down from the stuff that happened at home.

 

My mother was remarrying, my father was remarrying too. So basically I had no one I could really trust. All of them had their own lives. I didn't trust Hyunsik, but he was the only comfort I could find, even if it's just listening to his voice. His voice had the calming effect I needed in this start of the depressing winter. Unknowingly, I was softening up to him. I'd smile at his random questions even though I never answered him and he'd cheer that I gave him a reaction.

 

Somewhere at the end of the year, he didn't appear in school for two weeks without saying anything. I began worrying. My days were so dull and boring. I felt lifeless. Only then did I realize he had become part of my life already. What if something happened to him? What if... He got into an accident? I freaked out and ran to the class of one of his friends. I slammed the door open and ran in, ignoring the stares and whispers and rushed to his friend's table.

 

“MINHYUK-SSI!! WHERE'S HYUNSIK!!” I yelled desperately. Minhyuk was taken aback at my sudden appearance and yelling. “Minhyuk-ssi!!” I repeated and snapped him out of his daze.

 

“Ah, Ji Hye-yah.” he said and sat me down on the empty seat in front of him. “Are you free after school?” I nodded. “Well, we'll bring you to where Hyunsik is arraso?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter