Chapter 5.

Goodbye, My First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyunsik stuck around me more often than he ever did to show that he really meant what he said.

 

We returned to how we used to be back in high school days. The other guys were always teasing us and talking loudly about how we made the perfect couple that most of the students already knew about us.

 

The surprise gifts continued again. Ilhoon who was in the same class as me would elbow my arms whenever we see that there was another letter or flower on my desk.

 

All of that changed in the matter of exactly three weeks, I counted.

 

We were suppose to hang out together, Hyunsik and I together with the guys. Winter came and Peniel had booked a table for us all to celebrate the completion of exams for the year and the start of winter break in a restaurant. Hyunsik said he had something to attend to so he'll go seperately. The guys picked me up from my house and off we went in the bus.

 

Hyunsik said after the dinner he'll brig me out on a late night date in the snow.

 

We got off the bus a few stops after my house and walked to the restaurant which was in walking distance. My stomach flipped all of a sudden and I had a bad feeling again. Changsub realized and whispered to me.

 

“Ji Hye-yah you alright?”

 

“Neh. I think so.”

 

We almost reached the restaurant but all of us stopped dead in our tracks. Right in front of the restaurant, was a guy and a girl, kissing passionately as if they were a couple. For a moment I decided to deny that it was Hyunsik, but the next thing I knew, Ilhoon was already on top of him, raining down punches on him as the girl next to him screamed 'oppa' over and over again.

 

The guys snapped out of it and ran over to stop Ilhoon. Peniel and Minhyuk pulled him away from Hyunsik. Eunkwang and Changsub tried to calm Ilhoon down who was still kicking about in the air, trying to reach Hyunsik to continue where he stopped. Sungjae stayed with me, in case my legs gave way again like the last time. Hyunsik realized that it was the guys and that I was there with them.

 

He scrambled to his feet and called my name. He approached me, but with every step he took towards me, I took a step backwards away from him. The faster he came towards me, the faster I stepped away from him. Before I knew it, I had turned and started running away from him.

 

“Ji Hye!” he ran after me. “Babe! Listen to me!”

 

I ran. “Babe, come on.” he said as he chased after me. “BABE!”

 

I didn't listen to his pleads and continued running. That's it. We're over.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter