The Heirs

► Drama Recommendations

 

The Heirs ; The Inheritors ; 상속자들

School Life, Comedy, Romance

Completed (2013)

20 Episodes

 

My Rating : 8/10

 

synopsis.png

Cha Eun Sang lives a hard life as she struggles between school and her part time jobs. When she heard about her sister's getting married, she left for US to visit her sister. Then, she bumps into Kim Tan. Slowly, he feels himself falling for her, never realizing that she's the daughter of his family's housekeeper. When Kim Tan's fiancée, Rachel Yoo, arrives to bring him back to Korea, his heart is torn between love and duty. Meanwhile, Rachel's future stepbrother and Kim Tan's former best friend, Choi Young Do starts falling for Eun Sang as well. The troubles arise as the heirs realize the differences between money and the real world.

 

cast.png


Lee Min Ho as Kim Tan

The second son of his family. The man who has it all but has nothing.


Kim Won Bin as Choi Young Do

The only son of Zeus Hotel Group. Holds grudges to Kim Tan for his mother's abandonment. Is the bully of the school. Has a really weird way of wooing girls.


Park Shin Hye as Cha Eun Sang

The housekeeper's youngest daughter. Works hard to support her family.

Kang Min Hyuk (CN BLUE) as Yoon Chan Young

Eun Sang's best friend from childhood. The son of a secretary.


Krystal Jang (F(x)) as Lee Bo Na 

The jealous girlfriend. Too cute to hate.


Kim Ji Won as Rachel Yoo

Rich daughter. Engaged to Kim Tan at the age of 17, and is completely fine with it. 
 


Kang Ha Neul as Lee Hyo Shin

Is a senior. Despite his interest in production, his parents forces him into law. 

Park Hyung Sik (Z:EA) as Joo Myung Soo

A close friend of theirs. Bright and cute. He often takes up the role as a photographer. His studio is their hang out. 

note.png

It's the talk of the year! The Heirs!

Well, it wasn't what I expected to be. I don't really read synopsis because some of them gives out huge spoilers. Which I hate so much. Spoilers.. (My synopsis are all edited and spoiler free!)

I thought this drama to be targeted to the adults, rather than teenagers. Since its title is "The Heirs", what more can I expect? But nooooooooo, apparently it's about a bunch of rich kids, a bully and a poor girl who gets funded to go into the school. (Sound familiar, aye?)

Well the beginning was different but quickly you can spot the amazing similarities to Boys over flower. But it's different, so... Erm.. A-hem. No comment about that :D

Okay, the cast! Weeeee! Park Shin Hye, Lee Min Ho and Kim Won Bin. All amazing actors. Good job! But to me, the drama's main cast of my attention is actually Minhyuk and Krystal. Am I the only one? I rarely fangirl over a shipping, than just one incredibly hot male individual. Krystal's not the type of girl I would love, but she did made an exception in this drama. I totally love her and Minhyuk. Well, I would say differently before this drama, but now, if this pairing ever come true, I would totally support them.

Don't be turn off by whatever I say just now. The awards presented to the drama isn't just for show. This drama's good. The ending.. okay, not awesome. Just good. But it's worth watching. I would totally watch this drama again.

Give it a try!

 

By the way, this is to those that had already watched : I still don't get it. Why does the kids draw the people, again?

links.png

Gooddrama

credits to SBS and tumblr photo providers.