Reply 1994

► Drama Recommendations

 

Reply 1994 ; Answer Me 1994 ; 응답하라 1994

Romance, Comedy

Completed (2013)

21 Episodes

 

My Rating : 9/10

 

synopsis.png

Six young students from Jeolla Province, Chungcheong Province, and Gyeongsang Province room together at a boarding house, while attending a university in Seoul. The boarding house is run by a couple with a daughter. Reply 1994 follows the pop culture events of that year, including the emergence of seminal K-pop group Seo Taiji and Boys and the Korean Basketball League.

 

cast.png


Jung Woo as Trash Oppa

The cutest and coolest oppa! A Medical Student~


Go Ara as Sung Na Jeong

The girl with bad personality and bad drinking habits. Fan of basketball player Lee Sang Min. Computer major~


Yoo Yoon Seok as Joon (ChilBong)

Cousin of Binggeure, the only boarding student that is from Seoul. He's a famous baseball pitcher.


Baro (B1A4) as Binggeure

Another medical student who is interested in music.


Son Ho Joon as Haitai

A boarder from Suncheon. A hopeless man in the world of romance.


Kim Sung Kyu as Samcheonpo

Boarder from Samcheonpo, rich kid whose family owns three boats.


Min Do Hee (Baby-G) as Jo Yoo Jin

A big fan of SeoTaiJi and the boys. A quiet and reserved girl who later turn to be no that peaceful. 

 

note.png

This is totally new of me. I normally don't watch drama that is still ongoing, mostly because I have short term memory and I'll either forget what was the last episode about, or the fact that I am actually following this particular drama. Secondly because, I just simply hate to be left hanging. I get very irritated and frustrated over it. Anyone else? 

So this is why I haven't got around to watch Heirs yet. I heard it's ending soon (or has it ended?), so I'll just be waiting for the gun shot to start my journey on it.

Okay, for all the people who watched or have not watched Reply 1997, don't worry, it's nothing like it. But it's also awesome. Although being a spin off, it has a total different feeling from watching Reply 1997 and this. It's difficult to explain, I guess you have to watch it for yourself to know what I'm talking about.

First Impressions : Go Ara... Eunji's cute but this crazy ahjumma.. Emm... (reaction to Na Jeong screaming to Lee Sang Min) I'm not sure if this is going to turn out good..

No worries! Man, they grows on you. First impression may not be as good, but the cast drill their way deep into your hearts. Especially Trash Oppa. I'm not fangirling over him, but I can't get enough of him. He's too cute and sweet~

Oh yeah, yes, they are making us go crazy with the "Na Jeong's Husband guessing game". Tumblr going crazy with the #teamTrash, #teamChilBonggie and many more other teams.. (warning: do not go to Tumblr if you haven't watch it yet. It's full the cries of upset fangirls whom ships had recently sunken.)

For the ending though... Hm... *NO SPOILERS*. Compared to Reply 1997, (It' a freaking spin-off! Comparison is inevitable, sorry guys.) It didn't but it's lacking in some ways. Satisfactory? Probably. Damn, Reply 1997 gave us a ending too good that we couldn't ask for more.. So, Reply 1994's ending, is like... Okay... Meh.

But the importance of drama is the process, isn't it?

Watch it and tell me which team you're in!

 

links.png

www.gooddrama.net/korean-drama/reply-1994

credits to tvN, dramatroll.tumblr and tumblr photo providers.