Reply 1997

► Drama Recommendations

 

REPLY 1997 ; ANWER ME 1997 ; 응답하라 1997

Comedy, Romance, School life

Completed (2012)

16 Episodes

 

My Rating : 9/10

 

Reply 1997 centers on the lives of six friends in Busan, as the timeline moves back and forth between their past as 18-year-old high schoolers in 1997 and their present as 33-year-olds at their high school reunion dinner in 2012, where one couple will announce that they're getting married. The coming-of-age drama also examines the extreme fan culture that emerged in the 1990s when first generation idols groups such as H.O.T. and Sechs Kies took center stage and when K-pop was just blossoming.

 


Jung Eun Ji (APINK) as Sung Si Won

Sung Si Won is a Busan girl who is extremely into H.O.T's Tony An. Even gives herself the nickname of Ahn-Seung-Bu-In (Tony's wife). 

 


Seo In Guk as Yoon Yoon Jae

Yoon Yoon Jae is the childhood friend of Si Won. He's the president and the genius in his class.

 


Hoya (Infinite) as Kang Joon Hee

Joon Hee is the sweet and caring friend in their clique.

 


Shin So Yul as Moo Yoo Jung

YooJung is Si Won's best friend that holds a nickname of Ship-sa-ppa (falls in love easily).

 


Eun Ji Won as Do Hak Chan

Hak Chan is the new transfer student from Seoul, popular because of his huge collection of .

 


Lee Shi Un as Bang Sung Jae

Sung Jae's the mile-a-minute talker and one-man rumor mill in the group.

 


Song Jong Ho as Yoon Tae Woong

He's the home class teacher of the group. (but his role doesn't end there~)

 

 

AHHH! This is one drama that recieve many attention for its record breaking ratings.

It didn't break records for nothing. Cause it break my list of favorite dramas of all time! 

One of the things that I hate in dramas, is the ending. They make you completely hooked on, but gives you a most ish ending in the history. That feeling, I tell you, is exactly like how you feel when you brought an ice cream that you really love, but dropping it after the first . That's when you realize why people kill. ANYWAYYY, This drama doesn't gives you that, I assure you. I'm sooooo satisfied by it. 

This drama, too, make me scream and smile like a freaking creeper a lot. Excuse me, though I'm a typical teenage girl who's addicted to drama and Kpop, I'm actually the type that KYAH inside my head, rather than scream my heart out, but this drama sure make that execption.  

No doubt it's one of Have-To-Rewatch-Drama on my list.

 

At first, I was reluctant to watch it, honestly. The title was the cause of it.

Reply 1997... I was born in 1997. So, I'm like "I'm probably not going to relate anything about myself to it." But at the end of it, I relate to it a lot more than any other drama. Especially because Si Won is a crazy Kpop fan~

My first impression of Seo In Guk too, was that he's a little ugly. (which instantly make me bored. HONESTLY! Which male lead can attract you when he's not that attractive, Hm?) But I tell you, after this, I just couldn't get enough of him. Immediately after my depression for the end of this drama, I download all the OSTs and all of Seo In Guk's songs. Now, He's just tooo charming. 

My thoughts of EunJi and Hoya changed too. Before this, when I see them in variety shows or music shows, I'll be like "Meh". I obviously wasn't fans of APink or Infinite. But now, my eyes would get so big that It'll pop out of my eyes. By the way, EUNJI'S TOOO CUTE~ 

To sum this up, everything about this drama is awesome. I'm sure I won't be the only one with the same thought that "This is my fantasy" and "I wish this happened to me too". 

GO WATCH IT! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!

 

http://www.gooddrama.net/korean-drama/reply-1997

 

 

 

 

credits to tvN and tumblr photo providers.