Master's Sun

► Drama Recommendations

 

The Master's Sun ; 주군의 태양

Horror, Romance, Comedy, Paranormal

Completed (2013)

17 Episode

 

My Rating : 7/10

 

synopsis.png

Joo Joong-won is the stingy and greedy CEO of Kingdom, a conglomerate that includes a major department store and hotel. He meets the gloomy Tae Gong-shil, who started seeing ghosts after an accident. Their lives take a new turn as they work together to deal with the terror and sadness brought about by the spirits, while delving into a kidnapping incident in Joong-won's past.

 

cast.png


So Ji Sub as Joo Joong Won

The typical rich CEO of a shopping mall~ Bad personality~ Cliché~


Gong Hyo Jin as Tae Gong Shil

The poor girl who can see ghost.


Seo In Guk as Kang Woo

A former soldier, who work as the head of security in Joong Won's shopping mall. Just sooo coincidentally, he moved into the apartment next to Gong Shil.


Kim Yoo Ri as Tae Yi Ryung

The big shot actress who is endorsing Joong won's shopping mall. High school classmates with Gong Shil.


Kim Myung Soo (L of Infinite) as Young Joo Joong Won

 

note.png

This is the drama I watch straight after Reply 1997, because I was still very into Seo In Guk. But surprisingly, after this drama, I got over him. He's not really that outstanding in this drama... :(

Well, for once.. I love this drama for the plot, instead of always fangirling over one particular person (ex: Boys over flower. You know what I mean. Don't pretend:) Although some of the episodes is kinda scary, but overall it's a great drama. 

I.AM.A.HUGE.COWARD. I cannot stand watching horror movies. I'm the type that needs someone's company when I'm washing my face (because I have to close my eyes and I feel extremely scared) But I can assure you, the level of horror is alright. Though some parts makes you jump, they make the ghosts look funny, instead of pants-ting scary. Also, after the jumpy parts, they make the ghosts a lot more humane. You'll be perfectly fine if you finish the episode, if you watch one episode half way, then it will haunt you. 

And especially for all the AFF people, yes, Mr L aka Kim Myung Soo, is one of the supporting roles in this drama. I don't know why most of the AFFers love him so much... He's just handsome, but nothing else. Also, I find him very uptight. Makes me frustrated as I watch his shows sometimes. After this drama too, I find that he can't act very well. Why does he gets love calls again? Hmmm... 

Back to the drama, I love episode 6 (or was it 7?). For everyone who has pets, especially me, cry so hard for this episode.

Oh yeah, as for Tae Gong Shil. At first, I didn't like her. But as time goes by, she's so cute I couldn't not like her. Tae Yi Ryung, too. I hated her in the beginning, she the typical , but as time goes, I come to like her as well. And I'm so jealous of her body! She's so skinny!

EVERYBODY! Listen to its OST, "Touch Love" by Yoon Mi Rae! It's so good, it's ear candy~

Sum up, this drama did made an impression, but the ending wasn't like a super amazing kind of good, just average good. It was memorable though, a good drama to give a try. 

 

links.png

www.gooddrama.net/korean-drama/the-masters-sun

 

 

 

credits to SBS, Donnapie and tumblr photo providers.