Gains and Losses

Dark Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another few years roll past and Jongwoon was in trouble. His grandfather had gotten worse after he had gotten ill the previous year, his grandmother said that he was slowly losing his mind. His mind was also sick. Soon enough the Alzheimer’s disease grew worse and eventually took Grandfather Kim from Jongwoon and his grandmother. Being now a single parent Jongwoon’s grandmother decided to move into her brother house for support, her brother was considerate enough to pay for Jongwoon’s private schooling. The boy was old enough to understand most things he goes through everyday now and his grandmother did not want him to struggle anymore. He was happy to meet the rest of his family but…there was a reason he didn't want to leave.
 

He was heartbroken at losing his best friend of five years. Donghae and Jongwoon had become inseparable the after that one day after school and Jongwoon didn’t even have the chance to tell his friend he was moving. It was too sudden and urgent. Before he knew it he was too busy with high school and a part time job as a barista, soon he stopped moping about his past and only lived in the present. His grandmother became less active as she was getting older, so Jongwoon did what he could so his grandmother didn't strain herself. Since he had help from his grandmother's brother he didn't worry too much, he went to school and always went to work or practice. He made himself a full schedule mostly because he didn't want any spare time. When he as extra time he would feel lonely and angry.
 

"I'm going to school"Jongwoon said to his grandmother and her brother who were sitting at the table eating breakfast. It was about seven in the morning and school for Jongwoon didn't begin until eight. Where was he going so early?
 

"Not going to eat?"she asked getting to her feet but her brother made her sit back down. He saw that for the past couple of days, his sister didn't look too well.

"I don't have time, I need to stop somewhere before school"Jongwoon answered as he grabbed an umbrella"it's going to rain in the afternoon so if you're going somewhere take an umbrella. See you guys after work"
 

"Arasso, take care"Grandfather Park murmured and waved his grandson off with his left hand. His sister sighed as she continued with breakfast, her grandson never had free time, not to mention that he was always cold to the other students at school. He was angry for having lost his only friend and losing a good life. Not that being a wealthy, honor student wasn't enough. He just felt like the other guys and girls couldn't add up to how sincere Donghae had been.
 

As he walked he could see the clouds forming in the distance, a few more hours and it'll be pouring. Plugging in his earphones and tuning into his iPod that he always carried, he selected Pachelbel's Canon in D. It was a relaxing song that kept him occupied by listening to the piano and slipping into a trance following the slow medley. He hummed the notes as he walked, there was no one currently on the same sidewalk so he let his cold facade slide and just enjoyed the early morning alone. After a few more songs he arrived at the small pub like building and walked in.
 

"Yesung you made it!"another male smiled as he rushed to the door.
 

"I never miss a meeting Teuk, what's it for this time?"Jongwoon asked as he followed the older over to the ables beside the amplifiers and mic stands. The guitar and bass sat on the small makeshift stage beside the big speaker.
 

"Let's wait for the others first, you're actually early"Leeteuk murmured as they sat" want some tea?"
 

"sure"Jongwoon said and accepted the mug from the older"I heard we have a new member, a visual?"
 

Leeteuk nodded"yeah, we recruited him from a choir at the church near school. He's a drummer too"
 

Jongwoon nodded slowly, their small band was slowly expanding. So far they had him as lead vocals and guitar, Leeteuk as the main rapper, Ryeowook on the keyboard and Jongwoon's partner, and Kangin on the bass. The band was nearly complete but the new recruit was just what they needed. A drummer.
 

Even though they were a complete band it still felt off balance like there was something they were lacking. A manager is one, as well as a sponsor and maybe a few other band members. They could use a less cheerful amateur rapper and use more of a professional or experienced one. Not that Leeteuk was that bad, he just needed a lot more practice.
 

"Sorry we're late!"a small voice said loudly followed by a grunt.
 

Jongwoon and Leeteuk laughed as Ryeowook pushed a sleepy looking Kangin through the door. Leeteuk walked over and help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter