Chapter 3 - Flirts,Walks and Talks

Fairy Tale

 

 

Luhan knocked on the door. After hearing no reply, he quietly opens the door and enters. He scans the room, and fins out his roomate isn't here. 

The room is fairly big for two people. The room consists of two single beds and desks, a bathroom,a small kitchen and a large tv. The room is too big. Luhan puts his bag on the bed and starts unpacking. Luhan has always been a clean person, so he wishes for his roomate to have the same charactarestic. 

After finishing unpacking, he takes the uniform that his teacher gave him and starts changing. He ties the robe around his waist and sends his mom a message about his day until now, telling her that he reached the school grounds safely. The bell rings and Luhan makes his way to the first building, where the classes are. 

Since Luhan wasn't the best at directions, he mentally cries when he finds himself lost in the school building. Should he ask the teacher? He thought.

He looks around and finds a student walking, Luhan stops him, "e-excuse me? Do you happen to know where class 3-B is?"

"Oh, 3-B? They're at the field, since the sports lesson is actually a cross-class where 3-A competes with 3-B. Follow me, I'm actually heading there," the student smiles.

Luhan thanks him and follows after him. It wasn't that far until they reach two big doors, and the student opens the door for Luhan, "here we are."

"Thank you–"

"Yo Baek, over here!" Baekyun quickly runs to his friends.

Luhan looks around, and spots his classmates. Yixing motions him to come and Luhan obeys.

"Where were you?" 

"Lost," Luhan grins sheepishly.

"Okay from 3-A, Kris pick your team. And for 3-B, Suho pick your team," the coach yelled.

Both boys take their time picking and Luhan thanks the lord that he isn't picked. Luhan heard the coach say they're playing "flame ball" and he honestly doesn't know the game so he doesn't want to be embarassed.

The coach whistles and the game starts. The only boys he know in the field are Kai,Suho and the guy that helped him earlier.

Kai is an excellent player, Luhan notes. The game is just soccer so why do they call it flame ball? Luhan wonders.

Suddenly, the ball flies towards Suho and Suho gets the ball and vanishes with it, only to find him a few seconds later in front of the other class's net.

"Oh," Luhan mumbles, "that's why."

The game continues, and through the game Luhan finds Chanyeol in the opposing bleachers, staring dreamily at one of the players. Luhan shakes his head and giggles at Chanyeol's look, the boy is about to drool.

The score currently is 15-16, a point is with the other class. The coach whistles a time out, "how about the new students play?" Luhan swallows an invisible lump and tries to hide in the mass of his classmates. 

"Xiumin, change with... what's your name?" 

"Luhan," Luhan said.

Xiumin returns to his seat and the coach pushes Luhan into the field and makes him stand beside one of his team's players. From the corner of his eyes, he sees Kai staring. The coach whistles and the game starts. 

The ball rolls to Suho, he shoots to Kai. He runs to the opposing team's net. Kai control's the ball's flight and aims for the net. The ball flies but an opposing player standing before Luhan makes the ball turn to fire. Luhan stares wide-eyed and the guy smirks. The ball flies through and shoots to their net.

14-18

This time, the ball is with Luhan. The brunette runs and finds Suho running a few feet away for him, so he passes it. Suho teleports again with the ball and shoots, he scores.

16-18

"Match point for 3-A!" The coach yells.

A player from the other team shoots and the strong ball flies across aiming to Luhan. Super strength? Luhan wonders. Expecting a hit, Kai controls the ball and makes it fly towards Luhan's feet. Luhan quickly runs with the ball to the net, but unfortunately the ball doesn't go in.

The ball lands in the other teams' hands, the player shoots and 3-A wins.

"18-20, 3-A wins!"

All the players try to catch their breathe, Suho goes around and praises each player, "good job, Luhan! You did great."

"Nice game, Luhan!" Yixing passes him a bottle of water.

"Thanks Yixing," Luhan accepts it and takes a big gulp.

"Umm, Yixing, I need to do something quick. Meet you at class?" Luhan smiles, eyes forming into crescents.

"Sure, but don't get lost," Yixing walks out.

Luhan finds Kai tying his shoes on the bleachers. Unsure of his doings, Luhan makes his way to the raven. Sensing someone coming, Kai looks up.

"T-thank you for helping me earlier," Luhan says shyly, scratching his head.

Kai looks at him blankly, "I did it for the sake of the team, don't get too cocky."

Luhan furrows his eyebrows and watches sadly as Kai leaves him, the burn mark on his right hard doesn't go unnoticed by the eyes of Luhan. The rain resumes again.

 

------

 

The school hour finishes and Luhan returns to his dorm, looking tired. He takes out his keys and unlocks the door. He immediatley jumps on the bed. Halfway through, his eyes completely shut and he sleeps for a minute or so until he feels a hot breathe against his face.

He opens his eyes and screams when he finds a guy changing his clothes in front of him. Luhan looks at the guy with shock, "umm, what are you doing?"

The guy, Luhan remembers, was the one with the fire power earlier. But what is he doing here? Luhan thought. 

The guy carries on changing and Luhan has to turn around around to avoid the uncomfortable sight.

"A-are you Oh Sehun?" Luhan asks timidly.

"Are you Xi Luhan?"

"Yes."

"Then, yes," Sehun says, which Luhan takes for mocking.

"Are you mocking me?" Luhan asked angirly. 

Sehun laughed, "you're cute when you're angry."

Luhan blushed and saw Sehun wearing a white robe. Luhan was curious, Sehun must be something really strong to be a wolven. Noticing Luhan's stare, "am I too handsome for you that you can't keep your eyes off me, little red riding hood?"

"Yeah right," Luhan replied, rolling his eyes, "little red riding hood?"

"You're blonde, pretty and wearing a red robe, you look exactly like her, love."

"No, I don't," Luhan laughs as he notices Sehun is starting to wear his shoes.

"Going somewhere?"

"Yeah, I have a meeting."

Luhan nodded, "oh and if you're planning to go out, there is a curfew. You have to be at bed by eight," Luhan agrees and a minute and Sehun is out of the door.

Bored, Luhan wore a thick sweater and decided to walk around the school for a bit and explore it. He decided to go to Chanyeol's dorm room and see what he's up to. He exits the building and starts to shiver from the cold weather. Damn, he shouldv'e brought a thicker jacket with him. He curses.

Luhan walks to the other building and checks out the list of students. Chanyeol is sharing a room with Kai.  Luhan chickens out at the mention of Kai's name but then he reassures himself and climbs up the stairs to Chanyeol's room.

He stand in front of the door and knock. A shirtless Kai opens the door and Luhan founds himself red again.

"Is Chanyeol here?" Luhan asked, his eyes fix on the ground.

"Chanyeol is in the bathroom, you can wait for him inside," Kai opened the door wider and Luhan let himself in.

Chanyeol and Kai's room were different than Luhan's, which Luhan found weird. Could it be because Sehun is a white, his room is bigger?

Sitting with Kai in the same room was a bit awkward for Luhan. Kai was busy reading on his bed, not to mention shirtless, while Luhan was queitly sitting on Chanyeol's bed.

Thankfully, Chanyeol got out of the bathroom and he stared in surprise at Luhan, "oh hey Luhan, what are you doing here?"

"I just thought I'd see where your room is and see which division you're in, " Kai stared at Luhan.

"They put me in the red kitsuni," Chanyeol sighed, "the weakest group."

Luhan laughed, "cheer up! I'm with you."

Chanyeol smiled, "I heard you didn't have a place in our dorm so they put you with the white, lucky you."

"I guess. The standards of the rooms are way different," Luhan looked around.

"Of course, because the wolven are the greatest here," Chanyeol said, grabbing a bag of chips from the counter, "anyways, who is your roommate?"

"Oh Sehun."

At the mention of his name, Chanyeol spits the food in his mouth and looks surprised at Luhan, Kai's eyes also linger on Luhan. 

"You mean the Oh Sehun?"

Luhan nodded, unsure if it's good or not.

"Dude, you must be so lucky! If Sehun's your roommate, then this school will be heaven for you. Because roommates are partners everywhere," Chanyeol said excitedly, with Kai rolling his eyes.

"So? Who is he?" Luhan asked awkwardly.

"Oh Sehun is the president of this school. Everyone likes him here! He's nice... funny and oh so charming," Chanyeol said, sighing dreamily.

"He's... okay, honestly," Chanyeol looked at Luhan in shock, "how dare you?"

Luhan looked weirdly at Chanyeol, "he's just a guy, you know."

"Nevermind, talking to you about him is simply me getting a train since he's a god." 

"Moving on, I want to go to the school market since there's a few things I want to buy, do you know where is it?"

Chanyeol scratched his head, "no, I don't. But Kai can take you there if he wants to?" Kai looked at Chanyeol.

"Can you, Kai?" Luhan asked.

Kai sighed, "sure."

 

-----

 

Walking with Kai was surely awkward. The boy didn't seem to want to make a conversation with Luhan at all. But Luhan tried, "Kai, do you remember? You used to go to the same school with me?"

Kai paused walking for a while and looked at Luhan, "I do remember your face," Kai continued walking.

"Kai," Luhan called.

"Hmm."

"When did you know your specialty?"

"9th grade, I was mad at someone and I sent a plate flying to that person's face. My parents then knew my specialty so they sent me here by a request from the government."

"Why are you so aggressive?" Luhan pauses his movements, and notices he just asked a bold question.

"Because I am."

They reached the market and they found a few students. Before searching for the stuff that he wants, Luhan tugged Kai's shirt, "can you wait for me? I'm not really good with directions." 

"S-sure." Luhan ran to the shelves and picked out the books he wanted, wanting to run fast since Kai is waiting for him, he borrowed the books and returned to Kai, "let's go."

Kai walked Luhan back to his dorm. Throughout the walk, no conversations were held but the silence was in rhythem, both boys' souls syncing together.

They reached the dorm, "I can take it from here, thank you for helping me."

"Don't mention it," Kai smiled.

"Good night."

 

 


 

Hehe :D Lukai or Hunhan? ;D

sorry for the last rushed part.