Chapter 1 - Prolouge

Fairy Tale
 
 
 
 
It was raining on Luhan's first day of his new school. The rain was only getting heavier when he hugged his parents goodbye. Is the weather mimicking his mood? He thought silently to himself.
 
Luhan hopped on the bus that was heading towards his new school. He looked out of the window and sighed. Saying he isn't nervous was a total lie, a roller coaster is currently twisting in his stomach, and Luhan isn't exactly fond of scary rides.
 
The switching was sudden. He didn't expect himself to be scouted at this school, since the school currently has the top ranking in the country, holding the smartest students under their wings.
 
Luhan wasn't smart nor talented so why was he picked.
 
Powers, he didn't have them. He remembers one of his classmates had telekinesis and was immediately sent to this school. The government called them "different" so they were directly sent to SM High.
 
"SM High students, please exit from the door on your right, we've reached our destination," the bus driver spoke into the microphone.
 
Luhan quickly carried his bags and exited the bus. A few others were doing the same. Not knowing where to head to first, he followed them until he bumped into someone.
 
"I'm really sorry!" A boy with huge round eyes looked at him apologetically.
 
Luhan smiled and offered help, stretching out his hand to help him up. Since the boy looked friendly enough, he decided to introduce himself in fear of getting lost alone and without no one there with him.
 
"It's okay, I'm Luhan."
 
"Hello, I'm Chanyeol, I'm new here," the said boy laughed and picked up his bags from the floor.
 
"I guess we're on the same boat then."
 
"Really? I'm glad I have company now, since I'm a bit lost now," Chanyeol scratched his head cheekily.
 
"Newcomers, please move into that hall for the first morning assembly of the year," the teacher pointed at a hall near for them and smiled.
 
Both boys nodded and made their ways to enter the hall. They found seats near the stage and took their seats.
The auditorium was half full. There were three divisions of seats. A huge amount of boys wearing white robes sitting in the middle one, and another huge amount was sitting in the left one wearing black robes.
 
"From which school did you come from?" Chanyeol asked.
 
"Pennel."
 
"Power?"
 
"Uh, n-nothing?," Chanyeol looked at him with a scared glance and turned his head to the centre of the stage since the clock struck 9 and a man in his mid-40s was standing.
 
"Welcome students. Past students... new students, doesn't matter, we're all one. Today is the beginning of the new school year for SM High 2014-2015, it's also another year were we produce the best students in the country. In our school, we live by rules. Rules that need to be followed, if not, a punishment will happen and certain meaures will be taken. And I surely don't want any of my students to be hurt," I looked at Chanyeol with a questioning glance, "for the red ones, don't worry, you can avoid punishments. But for the white and the black ones... we'll discuss that privately in your special classes."
 
 
"Moving on, this school is divided into three fractions, the Red Kitsuni, the Black Karasu and the White Wolven. You'll be divided by the strength of your power. The weakest will be the kitsuni, the strongest will be the wolven. In a moment, you will learn more about the school and it's principles but in your own classes. Thank you for listening, I hope you have a great year here. Sincerely, your principal Cho Sung Hwang."
 
Whispers started happening as Principal Hwang moved out of the stage. Luhan looked at Chanyeol, trying to identify what the other was feeling. 
 
"Chanyeol, what's wrong?" Luhan shook his friend's hand.
 
"N-nothing, its just my nerves are killing me."
 
"Don't worry, you'll be fine."
 
Luhan looked around and inspected the divisions. The Whites were looking calm as possible with their backs straightened. Luhan looked back at where his sitting and saw some wearing red. 
 
So they are putting the new ones with the red, he concluded.
 
"The past students please make your way to the main hall, the new ones, please step forward for your physical check."
 
The new ones were not the many, Luhan can estimate their amount to be fifty. Chanyeol took Luhan's arm and dragged him to one of the teachers. 
 
"Who would like to go first?" The kind teacher from before asked.
 
Chanyeol looked at Luhan, the taller one nodded, "I will."
 
"Okay, please enter this room."
 
The teacher took Chanyeol to the room and Luhan looked at the rest of the doors, he didn't want to stay here any longer so he took his feet and went to another teacher and got into the room.
 
He was seated in a small room with a teacher in front of him.
 
"Xi Luhan?"
 
The teacher in front of him looked at the file he has with him.
 
"Yes,sir."
 
"Call me Mr.Lee, please."
 
"Yes, Mr.Lee."
 
Mr.Lee motioned Luhan to put all his fingers in a scanner, Luhan obliged. After that, he told him to lay down and close his eyes for four minutes without moving, for if he moved, he'd have to repeat it again. Before laying down, they attached two weird looking metal rods into his hands. In addition, they also measured his weight, height and also performed a blood test on him.
 
"We're done," Mr.Lee said.
 
Luhan blinked, "o-okay, thank you"
 
 
-
 
 
"How was it?" Chanyeol asked eagerly.
 
Luhan shook his head, "it was weird."
 
"Right? I mean, they showed me an apple and told me to look at it for five minutes, what are they gonna gain from that?"
 
"Weird, that didn't happen to me." Luhan noticed a big tree standing right in the middle of the intersection of the three buildings. Scratch that, big doesn't even describe it, enormous suits it's look more. It's really huge to the extent that if you stood under it, it can protect you from any rain or sun.
 
"That's the tree of life, I don't know about it much but I've heard it's something really big in this school."
 
Suddenly, the bell rung and Luhan looked wide-eyed at Chanyeol, "! We're supposed to take our schedules and the first lesson already started!"