Chapter 2 - First Day

Fairy Tale
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Since today is your first day, we'll take it as a bonding period, where you and your classmates will try to get to know each other" Mr. Kwon said, "for those who still don't know which division they are in, don't worry the school organized an accurate time for you to know."
 
Luhan looked at his surroundings. Everyone seems to know each other. Most of the class was wearing white and black robes, a few were red. Luhan doubted he would be wearing white for the year, so he either will be part of the red or black, if he know what is his specialty that is.
 
Feeling someone tap his shoulder, he turned his head. 
 
"Is this seat taken?" The guy pointed at the seat next to him.
 
Luhan replied a quick "no" with a hint of nervousness.
 
The guy smiled and sat comfortably, "Hi, I'm Yixing."
 
Luhan gave the guy a small smile, "Luhan."
 
Yixing, Luhan noticed, was wearing red. He had dimples, which made Luhan completely jealous. He also had a lively aura. Luhan wasn't the best at making friends since he was shy but he'll try for the sake of his school year.
 
"Now class, I want each of you to introduce yourself and what is your specialty starting with the left side, this will help welcome our newcomers."
 
A guy with a shy smile stood up, "Kim Suho, I'm the leader of the flame ball team of this call. My specialty is teleportation."
 
Luhan was especially uneasy right now, he has no specialty or anything. He was never good at talking out loud in front of people. Should he say his name only? He thought. 
 
After a several guys finished their introductions, everyone was waiting for the guy next to talk. Silence filled the air before Mr.Kwon grabbed a weird stick and- 
 
Luhan stared in shock as the sleeping student was electrified. He felt completely scared as his lips were shaking and he couldn't really believe that the nice teacher that was just speaking to him could do this to a young boy. 
 
The guy jerked up and screamed, he looked sleepily at the teacher, "this is not how you wake a person, what is wrong with you?"
 
"Kai, is this the way you talk to your teacher?"
 
Luhan had to turn his head to identify who this "Kai" is. He couldn't believe himself when he saw his old classmate from middle school.
 
"Kai, detention!"
 
Luhan wasn't that close to the infamous Kai, but he has known his name well. The guy who gets absent for months and comes back on rare days. Kai was one of the bad boys that liked to break the rules, as he remembers clearly. Luhan doesn't think there will be any interactions between him as bad boys always look down on goody two-shoes.
 
It was Yixing's turn to introduce himself and Luhan wished he can stop time.
 
"I'm Yixing, and I'm part of SM's medical team and my specialty is healing," he nodded his head and sat.
 
Luhan squeezed his eyes shut and stood up. 
 
"Hello, I'm the new student L-luhan. Please take care of me."
 
At the mention of his name, a pair of eyes stared at the blonde curiously. Luhan quickly sat down and tried to hide his face from embarrassment. 
 
 
-----
 
Unfortunately, Luhan's class wasn't with Chanyeol. But he was surprised at himself when he started the conversation first with Yixing.
 
"So, for how many years were you studying in this school?"
 
Yixing looked at him warmly, "three years, I guess."
 
"I see," Luhan nodded, an awkward silence filled the air.
 
"Judging from your introduction, you still don't know your specialty, am I right?" Yixing asked.
 
Luhan nodded, "you'll probably know it sooner or later, so don't worry."
 
Luhan looked at Yixing's face and studied his expression, it was gloomy and worried. 
 
"Kai," Luhan whispered.
 
"Kai?" Yixing blinked.
 
"D-do you perhaps know him?"
 
"Um, sort of. He moved in here the same year as me. He is one of the Karasu. His power is telekineses, as I remember correctly. But how do you know him, may I ask?"
 
Luhan stuttered, "he was with me in middle school, he was a classmate of my mine. But we weren't close, so..."
 
Yixing turned his head and looked at their subject of talking, "although Kai looks cold, he does have his gentle side."
 
Luhan diverted his eyes to Kai, the boy with the open robe and three piercings. Could that boy really have a gentle side? Feeling a stare directed at him, Kai returned the stare to Luhan.
 
Their eyes locked and Luhan could feel his cheeks heat up from embarrassment. Luhan quickly shook his head and coughed.
 
 -----
 
The first three periods were lessons-free. The students spent their time talking about their summer and where did they travel. Although Yixing was nice, Luhan wished Chanyeol would be with him right now. Chanyeol was more easygoing and peaceful.
 
 
The bell rung and the students moved forward out of the door to go to the cafeteria since the third lesson just finished.
 
Fortunately, Luhan found Chanyeol humming to himself, waiting for Luhan at the door.
 
"Chanyeol, what are you doing here?"
 
"Waiting for your highness," Chanyeol joked.
 
Luhan faked laughing, "very funny."
 
"Come on, food awaits us," the taller one grabbed Luhan's hand and dragged him. Not really knowing where to go, they followed the mass of students heading in one direction as usual.
 
Entering the cafeteria, which was more like a big dining room, they both grabbed a plate and started picking up what they like.
 
"Looking at the amount of food you picked, I feel so fat, Luhan," Chanyeol whined.
 
Luhan shook his head and smiled, "don't worry, I've always been a bad eater, a thing my mom hates."
 
Chanyeol looked around and whispered into Luhan's ear, "they say that the school gives us everything in exchange of our powers."
 
Luhan opened his mouth to speak but he heard his name being called and looked around until he spotted Yixing, "come sit with us, bring your friend too!"
 
"Your friend?" Chanyeol asked.
 
"Kind of."
 
Both boys headed towards Yixing's table. There were two other boys sitting with Yixing. One was wearing black and the other red.
 
"This is Tao and Chen, they're both Kitsune," both boys nodded in acknowledgement and welcomed them.
 
"Sit sit, feel free," Chen winked.
 
The duo took their seats and started eating their food. Sitting with Yixing and his friends was much better than expected, Yixing and his friends weren't that bad. They tried to make the duo talk and asked them about their old schools and interests.
 
Suddenly, a cry was heard, everyone diverted their attention to two students. One of them was Kai, he was holding a classmate up in the air.
 
"Put me down, you bastard!"
 
Kai smirked, "not until you say sorry."
 
Luhan stared at them in shock, and saw the guy begging Kai to put him down, pitying him from a far.
 
"I'm sorry! Please put me down," the guy cried.
 
"What are you sorry for?"
 
"For mocking Taemin and pushing him," Kai felt satisfied and stopped, the guy fell.
 
Kai sighed, walking away like nothing ever happened and whispers started. Before he walked out of the cafeteria, he directed his eyes to Luhan and their eyes met once again. 
 
The staring wasn't long until one of the teachers came and took Kai with him.
 
"Kai is such an a$$hole, isn't he?" Tao asked.
 
"Even though the guy was wrong for hurting Suho, Kai was a bit harsh," Chen noted.
 
"It's Kai, what do you expect? Hurt his preious friends, and you'll get hurt big time," Yixing said.
 
Luhan looked at Chanyeol and saw the guy especially immersed in eating that he hadn't noticed anything. 
 
------
 
 
"Your room will be in building two, since your school entry was the latest, you'll be sharing the same building with the white wolven," the teacher gave him his key, "your roommate is Oh Sehun. We paired you espicially with him for protection purposes."
 
"Protection? What do you mean?"
 
The teacher smiled gently, "and here is your robe, you're officialy part of the red kitsuni."
 
Luhan nodded in agreement, "Mr.Lee, do you know what my specialty is?"
 
"I know it, but I can't tell you until your power grows, now quickly go and unpack, the school is espicially giving students the fourth lesson for unpacking."
 
 

 

boring chapter, i know. next chapter will be better i promise! thank you for the subscriptions!<3