o7

Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Se Mi passed away.

Her cancer cells multiplied rapidly all of a sudden. And the doctors couldn't save her. I still remembered her last words to me when she found out she wasn't going to make it. 

"Cherry unnie... before I.. um.. leave this world. I want to hear your voice."

I almost cried on the spot. You know what's even worse?

She died on her birthday.

Se Hun was now left alone in this world. No parents, no sister... no family. But he still had Lu Han and I (And the fangirls he had when he started smiling in school). I wondered, if he was okay..

He didn't cry during the funeral. He didn't cry when he heard his sister passed. He didn't cry when he heard about her cancer cells rapidly increasing. I asked him why. He said, "Everything happens for a reason. Maybe God wanted me to suffer before being happy. Maybe my sister will be watching over me from here. She may not be here, but she'll always be in my heart."

And he smiled.

I gave him a bone-crushing hug and cried. It was he who needs to cry. Because he just lost his sister. Heck, he's smiling. He lost his only family member left, AND HE'S SMILING. Se Hun patted my back and I pulled away.

Lu Han was in shock because of the news, obviously. He gave Se Hun a bro-hug and they shared secrets. And Lu Han shares mine as well (I gave him a big knuckle sandwich as a reward. He said it hurts like a ). I let them hung out for two days. Without me. They needed some brother time. So I left them alone.

Se Hun requested to hang out with me as well. Lu Han understood. If he had a sister that recently passed away, he'd want to hang out with all of his friends until he feels better. But he did say 'no funny business' which Se Hun completely understood. Heh. Jealousy does wonders.

 

"Can we play at an arcade?" Se Hun asked me while sipping his freshly made chocolate bubble tea. I was sipping an oreo milk bubble tea. I nodded. "Give me your hand, I'll guide you."

I gave him a I-am-mute-not-blind look.

"Fine." He pouted. Lu Han has a rival in aegyo now. They must be long lost brothers for sure. They pout like puppies. And I wanted to squish him right there and then. If I hung out with Lu Han and Se Hun and they pouted at me, I will die of their cuteness while squealing.

"The arcade's just five minutes away. C'mon."

Finishing our beverage, we headed to the arcade. We bought a lot of tokens. We played a lot of games. I lost in a lot of them. But the game that nearly killed me was DDR.

Dance Dance Revolution.

Se Hun's leg was probably as fast as the speed of light. I looked like fish out of the water. And everyone was staring. Mostly at Se Hun. But they were staring. I wanted to die out of embarrassment. There was one game that we haven't played. It was that stupid claw crane game.

I mean.

How the do you get the prizes? The claw was obviously and absolutely made of butter. The prize you pick up will always slip. Unless luck was on your side. We spent a lot of tokens on this one.

Come on... come on.. Se Hun you can do it.. GOD DAMN IT. 

The minion plushie slipped. The deer plushie slipped. The bubble tea plushie slipped. The teddy bear slipped. The bonus prize Samsung S5 slipped. The bonus tokens slipped as well.

Are you made of butter, claw crane? Are you?

"Oh god, I'm so tired. You try it, Hoe noona." I glared at him. Curse you Lu Han for telling him my name. Lu Han told him about my Korean name to Se Hun. He also told him my nickname. Sookie, Cookie and Kiki.

Se Hun decided to use "Ho" instead. He calls me Hoe now.

Son of a-

I inserted my last token inside the machine. The controls were enabled and the controls were in my hands now. The claw was hovering over the fox plushie. I decided to give Se Hun this one if I miraculously won it. (Another reason is also because he is one sly fox)

I pressed the 'grab' button. I crossed my fingers as the claw went down to get the fox. The claw closed. The plushie was in its hands. Literally. The claw went nearer and nearer to the hole where the prizes should be dropped. Crossing my fingers, I hoped the plushie doesn't just slip out of its fingers.

The claw reached the hole. It released the prize.

I.. won.

"You did it! That was some intensifying 20 seconds." Se Hun gave me a big hug and spun me around like how Lu Han did. I retrieved the prize and passed it to Se Hun.

"For me?"

I nodded.

"Thanks." He smiled and gave me another hug. 

I think I'm in love with you, Cherry noona. But Lu Han has you. And if you're happy. I am.

At that moment, my phone rang a little, signalling that I had a text message. 

"at ur apartment rn. come home n see me? ^^ i miss u.

I replied.

"ok hannie.

"It seems that Lu Han wants you home. Want me to take you there?" Se Hun asked, while curiously looking at my phone. I glared at him for invading my privacy but I eventually let Se Hun walk me home. It was night time. And a lot of things happen at night time.

I reached my apartment and bid Se Hun good bye. I unlocked the door of my apartment and saw a pair of sneakers. Lu Han's to be exact. I lent him my spare key because he often comes to my apartment. He came so many times that he basically lives here. He even brought some of his clothes.

"Had a great time with Se Hun?"

I heard Lu Han saying that from the kitchen. He was most likely cooking something. And it smelled great. I took off my heels and set it on the shoe rack. I walked to my kitchen and saw Lu Han stir-frying something. I didn't care what he was making. I was just admiring his back. His gorgeous effing back.

Feeling that Lu Han didn't notice me entering the kitchen, I hugged his waist from behind. "So did you?" I nodded and continued hugging him. I inhaled his scent. He smelled better than the food he was making. "I'm making a chinese dish if you're wondering." He said. I could feel him smiling. "You should know that cooking is in the Lu Family's blood. What about you? Maybe you could be part of the Lu Family."

Did he just indirectly asked me if I wanted to marry him?

Shaking the thought off, I ignored his question and watch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter