o4

Forgotten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Who is that oppa and unnie?"

"This oppa and unnie are Se Hun oppa's new friends!" Lu Han chimed while grinning widely at the child. But not too wide to make her creeped out as if he's a реɗорɦιle. Not like that would happen since he can pass looking like a confused five-year-old. "Uwah! Are oppa and unnie a couple?" Ok, after hearing that I was sure my face was redder as heat went to my cheeks. Yep, I'm blushing. Because of an eight or nine year old kid.

"Oh, no we're not," Lu Han said as we went nearer to her, "not yet at least." He whispered into her ear but I could hear it clearly. I will die of embarrassment one day, I swear. I kept quiet, well, since I'm mute anyway, of course I'm quiet.

Se Hun chuckled and shoot his head when he heard what Lu Han said to his sister. "Okay, go play with your roommates, introduce them to oppa later, okay? Oppa wants to talk with his new friends."

Well, that was sudden.

"Okay, Oppa!"

"Now kiss oppa on the cheek."

Peck.

Se Hun put her down and she ran to her new roommates. "Guys..." We looked at him. "Let's talk outside.." Lu Han nodded and said an okay. I followed them outside silently. I wonder what he wanted to talk about.

"She has blood cancer. And I'm not sure how long she has left." 

Cancer? Cancer!? That's how my brother died (but that's another story), and I vowed to God, that if someone close to me has cancer I would freaking do anything for that person, in order to make him or her, or in Se Hun's case, both of them, happy. She looked like she could lead to bright future, but having such an illness at such a young age... I just wanted to comfort Se Hun. The girl probably didn't knew what was happening, why was she in the hospital, why were they checking her blood. She was probably scared less when she saw the needles. 

I'm just imagining her crying, screaming, when she saw the needles. The nurses probably had to call Se Hun to hold her down. And I cringed at the thought. I had a phobia of blood and whenever I saw that red liquid ooze out, I'd just vomit right at the spot.

"How did you find out?" 

"Last year. She always dreamt about being a well-known ice skater. Representing Korea like how Kim Yu Na did. It was just last year, she was practicing for the Junior Skaters competition. It was like every normal day, I'd just bring her to the ice rink and watch her every move. She could be the next Kim Yu Na, that was how good she was at such a young age. But then one day, while she was making twirling and doing stunts, she suddenly fainted on the spot. Of course, I was worried sick. I rushed her to the hospital and explained what happened to the doctors. They took some blood tests.... and they said they found cancer cells in her blood."

"Did you cry?" I wanted to ask so badly. I just wanted hug him and comfort him. He's hurting so much yet he's smiling, he didn't want anyone to worry.

"What about your parents?" Now that Lu Han mentioned it, I was also curious about his parents. Where were they when their children are in pai-

"They left us. They left us when I needed them the most. I was only ten and my sister was only one. We went to China for a vacation. I.. I heard something.. something that I wasn't suppose to hear. They said they wanted to ditch us right here in China with no shelter, no food, no money and especially, no love. But my dad was kind enough to ditch us in an orphanage back here in Seoul instead. At least we had shelter and some food. That was good enough. But I had to take care of my sister at a young age. I just got my house last week since I was old enough to get out of the orphanage. We had enough money for our survival, but.. ever since the news, I was short of money. I had to pay her hospital fees. I had to pay the electricity and water bills. I had to get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter