I

Humiliation

 

 

 

Luhan

 

My head hung low as I walked into the school. It was going to be another terrible day of the 362 left. Only three days in school and almost everyone inside it knew I was the weak guy they were allowed to bully until the very end of the year. Not caring if this was my last year of high-school, they ditched the fact that I need to keep a clear head for my studies so I could get into college, just like every one of them wanted to.

 

“Luhan, we know,” two girls said in unison, in a sing-song voice. I almost halted a stop, but quickly regained composure and tried to walk again. It was hard to ignore the quiet whispers almost like a breeze brushing by and passing the soft murmurs as it blew past me.

 

The two girls followed me and continued to carry on with their very unique chorus “Luhan, we know. We know, we know.” I could hear the giggles and laughter that followed me around like a wave as I walked. I saw the stairs and was a little relieved to actually see it. My dark stairs. My beautiful, wonderful dark stairs. Refusing to look around me, knowing that everyone’s eyes must have been on me, I took the first step. I could not hear the two girls singing anymore. They always stopped when I reached this route. No one dared to follow me up there and I didn’t know why.

 

Must be the stupid myth, I thought as I took another step forward into my destination.

 

One girl gasped, and I could imagine her pointing a finger at my bowed back. “He’s going up there again!” I placed one hand on the sill and felt it transfer its strength to me. A small smile tried to stretch at the corners of my lips, but the sadness inside me was way too strong to let that happen. I did not smile. Did not look back either because, even though the stairs sill gave me some strength, it was still not enough to face the accusatory stare on the others’ faces.

 

They always looked at me as if I have done something wrong.

 

I honestly didn’t know what I did because I rarely ever did anything at all.   All   I   did   was   breathe   and   exist. I didn’t know why it was too much for them to handle.

 

 

 

 

“Hey, chicken! Planning to hide up there forever?”

 

The voices in my head rose above the obnoxiously loud teenage shouts, coming from down the stairwell. My stomach crunched, the acid rising and rolling in it as I sped up the stairs. I wished they would just leave me the hell alone. Why wouldn’t they leave me? God, why? I’m asking you…

 

I was on the second floor; a few feet away from the doors separating the staircase and the classrooms hall. I knew that once I’ve opened this door, I was going to re-enter the ing hell that was my life again, so I tried to linger back a little, taking the last bits of strength from his soul. “Please be with me throughout the day,” I whispered to the humid air, caused by the unconditioned walls. I knew I couldn’t stay here for too long, even though I wished I could. I couldn’t though because there wasn’t too much oxygen. Never was there enough oxygen to begin with. He had thought the same too.

 

I twisted the knob and pulled the door, slowly dragging my two feet in. “Chicken!” I heard a guy squeak at my sight; it sounded almost out of relief.

 

I doubted he cared though. Seungri never did; not even back in the day, when we were in elementary. See, Seungri is my age, we lived in the same neighborhood, played at the same playground when we were kids, and that was the same as playing with the devil’s lad; Seungri always poured sand into my eyes and mouth. He enjoyed my girly screams, furthermost, my feminine cries. Even until this day, every time I looked into Seungri’s eyes, I would still remember the seven-years-old kid laughing until his stomach ached and his intestine folded into knots.

 

I never found it funny; bringing pain upon other, I mean. It left me wondering, why everyone else was like Seungri. Why was I the only one on the wrong page? It irked me a lot that I never understood. Maybe I was just slow on things—in fact, I doubted I’d ever catch up and be on the same page as them.

 

I stopped and looked up a little, so I won’t have to pump into anyone as I walked the crowded hall. As I’ve expected, everyone else had stopped to look at me. They loved to watch, mostly to affirm their superiority over me. Shindong, the large guy, tried to trip me since he was the closest one to the target. A little wave of chuckle passed through the crowd, whole. Of course they would laugh—they weren’t being the ones tormented, I was, and that according to their doctrine was the funniest thing in the world.

 

“Yo, Bad luck!” some other voice called, and my stupid instincts caused me to turn my head and look in his direction.

 

The sun shone brightly from the windows behind him, it almost blinded my eyes which were not used to the lights at all. Even with the sun blinding my eyes, I could tell who this voice belonged to. There was no mistaking it was Kim Jaejoong, the father of all evil.

 

“I heard you were bad luck. Killed someone, haven’t you? His name was…” snapping his fingers a couple of times he tried to remember his name. I hoped he wouldn’t. I never wanted a filthy person like him to call out his precious name. Not Jaejoong of all people anyway. “Minseok. That little pup Xiumin.” He sniggered, “He was a nice guy, only had to die because he stuck around you way too much.”

 


[A/N]: It's sad some people get bullied over things they had no control over like death... why would they blame him though? Leave a comment to tell me :)