into the new world

Prime Minister's romance

A/N: FINALLY! SORRY IF MY UPDATE TOOK A WEEK AFTER I POSTED A TEASER BUT NOW I HOPE YOU ARE STILL LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS. ^^ I'M NOT GOING TO SAY MANY THINGS ANYMORE, JUST ENJOY THIS UPDATE :)

 

To Ms. Im YoonA,

On behalf of the team, i would like to congratulate you for being part of our company. We were impressed with your credentials and your dedication towards the career that you choose. We are hoping that with you, we are able to achieve our company’s goal and mission to be the country’s leading newspaper.

Again, congratulations.

Sincerely,

Sone News”

 

“Ottoke! Yoong! You got hired! You got hired!” Sooyoung yelled as she jumped all over the place.

 

“Yeah, thanks for the info, Soo.” Yoong said as she rolled her eyes at her best friend who read her letter first than her.

 

“Wow, this call for celebration, Yoong. It may not be a big company but you got what you want, right?” Hyoyeon put an arm around her best friend.

 

“Speaking of celebrations, let’s eat buffet to celebrate Yoong’s good news!” Sooyoung smirked as she put her arms around her two best friends.

 

“Aisshh~ you’re just making an excuse to eat buffet!” Hyoyeon rolled her eyes.

 

“No, my friend. We’re just celebrating. Nothing else.” Sooyoung said but her friends knew better.

 

“I know you, Choi Sooyoung.” Yoona glared at her shikshin buddy.

 

“Damn, okay fine, you got me. Can we eat now?” Sooyoung whined.

 

“Okay. But its your treat. Don’t worry, i’ll make it up to you.” Yoona smiled widely. Sooyoung glared at her mischievous friend and sighed.

 

“Okay, but when you and Kwon Yul get together or something, you owe me big time.” Sooyoung beamed.

 

Yoona laughed loudly at the ridiculousness of her friend.

 

“Soo, the president and i are really far! It’s really impossible for us to meet.”

 

Nu-uh, Ms. Im, trust Choi Sooyoung. Remember when we were young? I told you we will win free buffet passes at the restaurant near our school and we did! I also told you that we will pass the algebra exam even though we didn’t study the night before because we spent all night waiting for the new MV of Girls’ Generation. We almost got perfect scores! See, i can feel and see anything. Trust me when i say that Kwon Yuri and you will be together, soon because you will.” Sooyoung said confidently.

 

Yoona just laugh at her best friend. “Soo, that free buffet passes were from your aunt. Her friend owns the restaurant and she knows that we’re both fan of buffets. As for the algebra exam, that one was very easy because Mr. Jung forgot that he already gave us the questionnaires the day before. He’s too old that’s why he easily forgot things. Me and the president are from two different worlds. Besides, i’m not gay.”

 

“You are gay my friend. I remember that time when we used to fan girl over Girls’ Generation which we still do but you were sasaeng towards one member. You always spazz over her when she dance especially when we watched their concert. Wait a minute, that girl that you spazzed looks like Kwon Yuri! See! I knew it!” Sooyoung jumped.

 

“Shut up, Soo.” Yoona rolled her eyes. “Hyo, please take her away before i kill her.”

 

“Alright, i don’t want my friend kill my other friend so, let’s eat.” Hyo said as she dragged Sooyoung and Yoona to her car.

 

****

 

“Welcome to Sone News, Ms. Im Yoona. I hope you’ll enjoy working here with us.”, an old, balding fat guy named, Mr. Park beamed at the doe eyed girl. He seemed so nice but when it comes to work, he’s surely a pure beast.

 

Yoona bowed at the man and smiled, “its my pleasure to be here, Mr. Park. I’m so excited to work so please take care of me.”

 

“Very well, let me introduce you to our team.” Mr. Park said as he lead Yoona to the office where it is divided with cubicles.

 

Yah! Hara! C’mere for a sec!” Yoona was surprised to see a very petite girl with huge doe eyes.

 

‘Wow, Sooyoung told me that i got the biggest eyes in the world but she’ll flip when she sees this girl.’ Yoona thought.

 

“What is it, sir?” the girl asked.

 

“Hara, i would like you to meet the addition to our team. This is Im Yoona. Ms. Im, this is Goo Hara, our layout artist.” The two girls bowed at each other.

 

“Hara, please show her around and introduce her to the rest of the team.” Hara nodded at her boss. “Okay, i will leave you, two, i have an important call to make.”

 

The two girls watched their boss walked away to his office.

 

“So, Ms. Im, are you ready to meet the team?’ Hara smiled.

 

“Don’t call me Ms. Im, you can call me Yoona.” The girl smiled.

 

“Alright Yoona, be prepared to meet the craziest team ever!” Hara said as she hooked her arms on Yoona’s. The two of them walked towards the cubicle as Hara introduced them.

 

“So, first, this is one of our sports writer, HyunAh.” Hara introduced a girl whose wearing heavy make up and a very skimpy dress that when she move her legs, her skirt rides up.

 

‘damn, i’m not trying to judge her but i think she’s trying too hard to be y. If she lose her make up and that dress, she’s pretty.’ Yoona smiled at the girl.

 

“Annyeong.” Yoona greeted. “I’m Im YoonA. Nice to meet you, HyunAh.”

 

“Oh, you’re so pretty! You got long legs, too. I bet short dresses suits you and---“

 

“No thank you.” Yoona said abruptly that made HyunAh shut up. She masked it with a giggle and said immediately, “I don’t wear t-that kind of dresses.”

 

“Oh, that’s too bad. I bet it looks good on you. You can borrow mine if you want.´HyunAh said hopefully.

 

“Oh...gee, t-thanks. I-I’ll keep that in mind.” Yoona smiled.

 

“Ok, now, let’s move on to the next cubicle.” Hara lead Yoona away from Hyuna.

 

“She’s just too much of a hoe, that’s why we chose her to be our sports writer. She can scoop sports news and don’t even ask how she does it.” Hara whispered.

 

The two girls went to another cubicle and saw two young guys talking with each other.

 

“Yah! Key, Jo! I would like you to meet our new writer, Im Yoona.”

 

The two guys paused and looked at Yoona. The doe eyed girl smiled back.

 

“Ooohh...new girl. Pretty is an understatement, She’s like a goddess. I like it.” The lanky taller guy walked around Yoona, touched her hair and looked at her from head to toe as he nods his head. Yoona, on the other hand, couldn’t help but felt conscious about his stares.

 

“Yah! Please stop that! You’re scaring Yoona with your gayness!” Hara yelled at the guy. “Yoong, this gay is Jo Kwon. He’s our showbiz writer. Jo, this is Im Yoona, our new features writer.”

 

“Hi, i’m the fabulous Jo Kwon. Yah! Hara! I’m just thinking that she’s perfect. i thought i was perfect but then she comes along and now everything is ruined.” Jo faked cried.

 

“You’re so full of yourself. I thought you said that when you saw the president, face to face during the campaign. Hi, i’m Key, assistant senior editor. Nice to meet you, Yoona.” The shorter guy, Key, said which made Yoona smiled back.

 

“I know. Where does the people like you came from? I thought the president is perfect but now you can rival her beauty.” Jo said.

 

“Woah, don’t say that especially when Narsha unnie is around.” Hara warned.

 

“Oh yeah, i remembered when i told you guys i saw the president and even shook her wonderful, soft hands when her team passed by during the campaign. Oh God! She strangled me and almost cut my hands off! I swear she’s insane when it comes to the President.” Jo recalled.

 

“Yeah, she cried so hard when the President won the campaign. It’s like a diehard SNSD fan informed that the group is going to disband.” Key added.

 

Yoona was surprised to hear that story from her new co-workers.

 

“Is s-she related to her or something?” Yoona asked meekly.

 

The three laughed and said, “She wished!”

 

“She’s just so crazy over the president. She has a huge crush on her.” Hara said through her laugh.

 

“Yah! What are you guys talking about?” a voice said which made them all turn to the source.

 

Yoona was surprised to see a very gorgeous girl. Her iness exude from her even she’s just standing her.

 

‘but Kwon Yuri’s iness is sill nothing against her.’

 

‘Say what, Im Yoona?’

 

‘damn.’

 

They all watched as the girl walked confidently towards them and said,

 

“what are you doing? You should be working!” then she turned towards Yoona and looked at her from head to toe, “Who are you?”

 

“Uh...Narsha unnie, this is Im Yoona, our new features writer. Yoona, this is Narsha unnie, our over all senior editor.” Hara introduced the two.

 

“Hello, I’m Im Yoona. Nice to meet you, Narsha sunbaenim.” Yoona bowed.

 

“Nice to meet you, too, Yoona. You don’t need to greet me too formal. We’re all friends here.” Narsha smiled then turned towards her co-workers. “So, what are you guys, talking about?”

 

“Oh nothing.”

 

“Its nothing important, Narsha noona.”

 

“it’s not interesting.”

 

The three chorused.

 

“Yeah, right.” Narsha rolled her eyes.

 

“Okay! I got great news for all of you!” Mr. Park said as he walked towards them.

 

“What is it, boss?” Hyuna exclaimed as she ran behind their boss.

 

“You’ll never guess what happened.” Mr. Park started. “Someone from the government called me to invite our news paper to our President’s first press conference ever!”

 

All of their jaws dropped upon hearing the news even Yoona. They all know that their president is very private so having a press conference is really shocking for them.

 

“OH MY GOD! Are you sure it’s not a prank call again?” Narsha asked eagerly.

 

“I’m 100% sure. After the call, Presidential secretary, Kwon- Jung Seo Hyun, sent me an email regarding the interview. It’s not just any ordinary press conference. It will be like a junket interview where you could ask the president series of questions one on one. The date, place and other instructions are in there so i’m sure that this one is legitimate.” Mr. Park said confidently.

 

“OH MY GOOOOODDD!!!!” they all yelled and cheered except a very confused Yoona.

 

“PLEASE BOSS! LET ME DO THE INTERVIEW! I WOULD DIE TO SEE HER FACE TO FACE! OH MY GOD SHE IS SO HOT!” Narsha pleaded.

 

“PLEASE CHOOSE ME BOSS! OH MY GOD! IT’S MY LIFE TIME DREAM TO INTERVIEW THE PRESIDENT!” Taemin added.

 

“NO! IT SHOULD BE ME BOSS!” Jo Kwon pushed Taemin.

 

“PICK ME BOSS! I CAN SCOOP THE BEST NEWS EVER!” HyunA begged.

 

“I CAN INTERVIEW HER! I CAN DO THAT!” Even Hara tried to please their boss.

 

“CALM DOWN!” Their boss yelled which made them all shut up.

 

“I already chose the one who will come to the press conference.” Mr. Park said. “It will be you, Im Yoona.” He smirked as the rest gasped including Yoona.

 

“But boss! You know how much i know about the president. You should’ve picked me. I can handle the interview better! Yoona is just starting!” Narsha tried to talk to Mr. Park.

 

“Yes, Narsha, i know that. But i guess it will be refreshing if Yoona will handle the interview. It’s time for Yoona to prove if she really can handle this kind of job.” Mr. Park looked at Yoona. “Can i trust you with that, Yoona?”

 

Yoona looked at her new co-workers. She couldn’t believe what is happening to her right now. Her first assignment is to interview the president. Too much pressure is on her. It’s a once in a lifetime chance for her, if she screw this up, she may never get another chance again.

 

Yoona nod at her boss. “I will do my best, boss.”

 

“Very well. I am confident that you will do the best interview ever.” The boss smiled.

 

***

“Oh my God! What should i ask the president?” Yoona wondered as she crumpled another piece of paper before throwing it away to the trash.

 

“I don’t want it to become so cliché by asking common questions. I want it to be something worth remembering but not embarrassingly. Ottoke~!” Yoona whined as she ruffled her own hair.

 

“Woah woah woah...what’s going on with you?” Sooyoung said as she came into their shared house with Hyoyeon in tow.

 

“What’s wrong, Yoong?” Hyoyeon asked as she put down her shopping bags.

 

“I have my first assignment and i’m panicking here!” Yoona said as she bumped her head on the table repeatedly.

 

“Woah, Yoong, stop that. C’mon, let us hear your problem, maybe we can help you out.” Sooyoung said as she sat on the chair beside Yoona.

 

“You never believe whom i going to interview.” Yoona said.

 

“Who?” the two chorused.

 

“Kwon Yuri.”

 

The two looked at her then with each other and...

 

“WHHHHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTTTTT??????!!!!!”

 

“KWON YURI?!”

 

“That person rarely gives interview!” Hyoyeon exclaimed.

 

“I know! Wow Yoong! You’re so lucky.” Sooyoung said.

 

“But the Sone news is counting on me. This is a chance of a lifetime. I need give a great interview.”

 

“We’re confident you can do it, Yoong.” Hyoyeon said as she put her arms around her friend.

 

“I want to do my best but i’m having a hard time what questions to ask the president!” Yoona whined.

 

The two mischievous looked at each other and smirked.

 

‘Uh-oh. I know that look’ Yoona gulped.

 

“Yoong, good thing you turned to us for help.” Sooyoung said as she smirked at her friend.

 

“I didn’t.” Yoona mumbled.

 

“We have alot of things that we are very curious about the president.” Sooyoung continued.

 

“As a very concerned citizen who’s very curious about the president, we are 100% sure that the public want to know this as well.” Hyoyeon said. “So since you are a news reporter now, Soo and i wrote the things that you could ask the president.”

 

Soo handed Yoona a roll of paper and the girl was surprised not only with the length of the paper but the questions there.

 

“Ms. President, if you would stuck in a deserted island, who would you bring and why?” Yoona started reading the questions.

 

“Are you a fan of idol groups? Do you like SNSD?”

 

“What is your ideal type? In a man? How about a girl? Is it possible for you to fall in love with a girl? Because you’re hugely popular among girls.” Yoona scoffed.

 

“Guys, i can’t ask these type of questions to the president! I might get fired or worse get banned forever!” Yoona whined. “I’m doomed, guys.”

 

“No, Yoong. Trust us, the interview will do smoothly.” Sooyoung promised as Hyoyeon nodded.

 

**

“Oh God! I’m walking around this palace for almost an hour now. I can’t seem to find my way to the banquet hall.” Yoona said to herself as she walked around the Presidential palace.

 

It’s been a week since Mr. Park announced that Yoona will be doing an interview with the President. It’s also been a week since Yoona is a wreck. She tried asking Narsha and other people what would they want to know about the President and none of them helped.

 

‘Please help me to make this interview be successful. I hope the research that i need with Narsha unnie helped the questions i have in mind.’ Yoona prayed.

 

“Im Yoona, fighting~!” Yoona cheered. “Now, i need to find where the banquet is.”

 

As Yoona started to walk on her left, she heard someone yelling.

 

“OMMMAAAA!” a young girl cried as she ran towards her.

 

Yoona was surprised when the little girl hugged her leg. The woman looked down and crouch in front of the crying girl. The little girl is really pretty and looked so innocent. She reminds her little self on the little girl especially with her doe eyes.

 

“Hello, little girl, why are you crying? Are you lost?” Yoona asked as she wiped the little girl’s tears.

 

“Umma, you’re here.” The gir l said through her tears. “You’re back!”

 

Yoona panicked because the girl mistaken her as her mom. She doesn’t know what to do.

 

“N-No, i’m not your mom. I’m Yoona unnie.” Yoona tried to smiled to calm the crying girl.

 

“No! You’re my umma!” the girl yelled which made Yoona shush the girl.

 

‘Ottoke~! I’m going to be late to the press conference if i haven’t find her mom.’ Yoona said to herself.

 

“Uuhh..okay. But may i ask who are you with before you got lost?” Yoona asked the little girl.

 

“I don’t know. There are bunch of huge guys.” The girl said through her tears.

 

“Oh God! They kidnapped you?! Let’s report you to the police!” Yoona said as she pulled the girl as they try to find the authority who could help her.

 

Just then, they heard someone yelled, “SOOJUNG-AH!”

 

Yoona and the little girl turned and saw chief secretary Seo Hyun and an old lady running towards them. Yoona finally calmed down.

 

“Soojung-ah, thank goodness, i found you.” Seohyun said as she tried to calm herself from running.

 

“Chief Secretary SeoHyun, good thing you’re here. This girl has been kidnapped!” Yoona told the secretary.

 

Seohyun looked at Yoona and gasped. Yoona looked at Seohyun confused. She even saw the old lady had the same facial expression.

 

“Auntie Seo, umma is back!” the little girl said excitedly to her aunt.

 

“Aahhh..i..i see, Soojung-ah.” Seohyun said warily as she looked at Yoona. “Mrs. Han, why don’t you take Soojung to her room. I’ll just talk to her.”

 

“No! I want to be with umma!” Soojung stomped her foot as she pouted.

 

“Soojung-ah, i’ll just talk to her okay?” Seohyun said.

 

“Will umma still be here after you talk to her?” Soojung asked.

 

“Uuhhh...”

 

“Soojung, just go with the old lady okay?” Yoona asked the little kid. Soojung nodded slowly.

 

“Please come to my room, okay, umma?” the little girl said hopefully.

 

Yoona looked at the chief secretary whose looking at her sternly.

 

“After i talk to the chief secretary. Now, be a good girl okay?” Yoona ruffled the little girl’s hair.

 

The old lady took Soojung away from Yoona and the two ladies watched as the little girl skipped away.

 

“Ms. Im?” Seohyun called out Yoona.

 

Yoona turned to Seohyun and asked, “How did you know my name?”

 

Seohyun pointed at the ID which made Yoona bowed embarrassingly.

 

“I would like to thank you Ms. Im for looking out for Soojung.” Seohyun bowed politely.

 

“It’s nothing, Ms. Seohyun.”

 

“But may i ask a favor from you, Ms. Im?” Seohyun said seriously.

 

“W-what is it?”

 

“I know that you’re from media and i know that you get curious after what happened. Please stop now and forget that this thing happened.

 

‘wait what?’ Yoona thought.

 

“What are you talking about?” Yoona asked.

 

“Please forget what happened, Ms. Im. Don’t ask questions anymore. If you insists, the authority will be responsible for you. I will lead you to the banquet immediately.” Seohyun said as she walked away from her.

 

‘what is she talking about? That little girl is her niece, right? What does a little girl doing in the Presidential palace anyways?’

 

Yoona started following Seohyun when she paused and gasped.

 

‘does this mean, that little girl is...’

 

“Is there anything wrong, Ms. Im?” Seohyun asked Yoona. Yoona looked at her with her large eyes but she came back to her senses and shook her head.

 

“I’m fine, Ms. Seohyun.” Yoona lied as she followed the chief secretary again.

 

‘Please tell me who you really are, Ms. President.’

 

TBC.