Kwon Yuri

Prime Minister's romance

A/N: thank you for the great response. *exhale* i thought you wouldn't like it :) since i'm in a good mood while talking with my fellow troopers on twitter, i think this update got a bit longer. lol. so...enjoy :)

 

 

"Prime Minister Kwon, you have a meeting with the Agricultural secretary at 10 AM regarding the national budget for the agricultural projects for this month. By lunch time, you will have a meeting with the Budget secretary regarding the allocation of the budget for the government. Then, you have an hour break before your meeting with the different CEOs of a telecommunications company at 3PM. They plan to help the government for the improvement of the telecommunications in the country. After that you will have a meeting with the Secretary-General of the Army regarding the wall between North and South Korea and---"

 

The prime minister sank in her seat as she tuned out the voice of her secretary. It's another day of long meetings and stress again for her. She can't help it. She's responsible for the whole country.
 
 
"Prime Minister Kwon? Are you listening?" her secretary scolded her. 
 
 
Who in their right mind to scold their president?
 
 
The Kwon looked up and saw a young woman who looks like her. It's her sister and her personal secretary, Seohyun.
 
 
"Y-yeah." the prime minister mumbled.
 
 
She heard Seohyun sighed and saw how her sister sat down on the seat in front of her and put down the iPad on the table.
 
 
"Unnie, i know it's really stressful. It's been only been few months since you were elected and we just got started and---"
 
 
"Seo, calm down." Yuri almost scoffed at the irony of making her sister calm down when she's stressing herself, too. Her stress is her responsiblity. Not Seohyun's.
 
 
"I'm okay. I'm doing good so far, right?" she grinned at her sister.
 
 
"W-well, according to the national poll and surveys, so far you're doing well, unnie. Critics said that despite your only in your few months and you still have a long way to go, the economy is doing good. It's not a huge improvement but---"
 
 
"Seo, who cares about what the critics say?" Yuri exhaled. "I just want to make Yoonhee proud of me, you know?  It's more important."
 
 
"I'm sure she's proud of you, unnie." Seohyun smiled.
 
 
'I know.' Yuri thought.
 
 
"Unnie, KBS news online called, they want to schedule an interview."
 
 
"Tell them, no." Yuri said immediately.
 
 
"How about Korean Times?"
 
 
"No."
 
 
"New York Times?"
 
 
"No."
 
 
"Time magazine?'
 
 
"No."
 
 
"Forbes magazine?"
 
 
"No."
 
 
"Esquire?"
 
 
"No."
 
 
"Cosmopolitan?"
 
 
"No."
 
 
"W?"
 
 
"No."
 
 
"I know this one is ridiculous...M-Maxim?"
 
 
"What the heck?! No." Yuri growled.
 
 
"Unnie, we both know that you don't really want this. We're doing our best to serve the country, right?" Seohyun reached out to held her unnie's hand. Seohyun could see the helplessness in her unnie's eyes. She knew that this is not what she dreamt in the first place.
 
 
What the public know is that, Kwon Yuri is the eldest daughter of two by a businessman and a housewife. She's a very timid but intelligent child. Despite of her simple life, tragedy seems to come her way. Her parents died in a car accident when she was in college. She got pregnant while she was studying law by an unknown father, some say that she got by college frats. Even though she has a child, she managed to work part time jobs to sustain their daily needs as she continued studying. With her determination and perseverance, she graduated at the top of her batch and from there she started to work as a public servant until she was elected as the Prime minister of Korea.
 
 
That's what they know. That's what they want the public to know.
 
 
"I  just want to give Yoonhee and Soojung a perfect life, Seohyun-ah." Yuri mumbled as she glanced a photo on her desk. It's a photo of a beautiful lady holding a baby in her arms. It's her Yoonhee and SooJung.
 
 
"Well, i know they're happy that you gave it to them." Seohyun smiled and sighed. "I think what you need is some family time, unnie." she said as she glanced back on her iPad.
 
 
"You know i can't do that. People are watching my every move." Yuri sighed.
 
 
"I know. That's why we're going to have a dinner in my place. Sica unnie and Tiffany unnie came from Europe today." 
 
 
"Jinja? today is their flight?"
 
 
"Yes, haven't you heard the news?" 
 
 
"You know i don't watch the news."
 
 
"Right. So, dinner. Don't forget." Seohyun said sternly.
 
 
"I won't. I already know that you already planned that. That's why i hire you as my secretary." Yuri smirked which Seohyun meronged at her.
 
 
"I don't know how Yonghwa put up with your mood swings. Say, are you pregnant?" Yuri teased which made Seohyun gasped.
"Ottoke?! it can't be! today is not the right time! if i get pregnant now, then on the 9th month, i'm giving birth! there are alot of projects and meetings scheduled on the 9th month! I'm going to kill Yonghwa for impregnating me! I----" 
 
 
Yuri laughed at her sister. Despite that her sister is a genius, she's still innocent.
 
 
"Seohyun-ah, calm down. You're not pregnant." 
 
 
"Am i?"
 
 
Yuri shrugged. "I don't know. It's your body."
 
 
"Right. Maybe i'll check later." As Seohyun mumbled incoherent things, her phone rings.
 
 
"Ne? Kwon Seo Hyun." she said sternly. She paused to listen to the person on the other line. "Ne." Then, she put down the phone. She looked back on her iPad as her sister watched her.
 
 
'I guess play time is over.' Yuri thought as she played on her pen. She looked up and saw her sister. her face is serious as she looked at her iPad.
 
 
"Seohyun-ah, is there something wrong?" Yuri asked.
 
 
Seohyun looked up and said, "Unnie..."
 
 
"What is it?" she asked but when her sister refused to answer she yelled, "TELL ME, I HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW!"
 
 
"P-prime minister from N-North Korea, Ok Taecyeon called the D-department of Defense." Seohyun stuttered.
 
 
Yuri immediately stood up. "W-what?! H-how?! W-what does he say?!"
 
 
This is what Yuri fears the most. What will she do if North Korea decided to attack during her term? She's not prepared. 
 
 
"I don't know how he got through our system. I already told our people to check it. He said that he sent something for you." Seohyun said cautiously.
 
 
As if on cue, someone knocked on the door. The door opened and it revealed the Secretary General of Defense, General Nichkhun Horvejkul.
 
 
"President Kwon, Chief Secretary Kwon." he bowed. "I'm here to deliver a package from North Korean President, Ok Taecyeon."
He handed Yuri a simple box with a card in front.
 
 
"We checked the package without opening it and the package seems harmless. But just in case that it became dangerous, we have the rest of the Defense team to protect you." the General said as he let a group of men enter the President's office.
 
 
Yuri looked at her sister as her sister nodded at her. Yuri looked at the package. It seems harmless. The package is covered in a gold wrapper with a red ribbon on top of it. Beside it is a card. She opened the card and its written in an elegant handwritting, 'To: Prime Minister Kwon Yuri, Republic of South Korea. From: Prime Minister Ok Taecyeon, North Korea'
 
 
"General Horvejkul, can you please stand in front of my sister for protection?" Yuri ordered as she eyed the package which the general obliged.
 
 
"U-unnie..." Seohyun started to get worried.
 
 
Yuri opened the gift and saw a small box with an envelope on it. She opened the envelope with a letter inside to read.
 
 
Dearest President Kwon Yuri,
 
           I hope you like my present as a sign of congratulating you for becoming a President of South Korea. I must say that in the years of my family ruling our country, i never seen a President that as beautiful as you. You really are a precious pearl of OUR country. I hope we could talk sometime. I would LOVE to see your beautiful face in person.
 
PS. I'll be waiting for that to happen
                                                                                                                                       
  Prime Minister Ok Taecyeon, North Korea
 
 
Yuri crumpled the paper and threw it out. She opened the box and it revealed a very exquisite and delicate necklace. It's pendant is adorned with expensive diamonds and in the middle, a very expensive black pearl.
 
 
"Unbelievable." Yuri scoffed and handed the necklace back to the General. "Send it back to Prime Minister Ok. Tell him that he shouldn't send expensive gifts to the enemy. His country need that money for the needs of his people."
 
 
General Horvejkul bowed and said, "But the Prime Minister insisted that you should take it. We already told him that you don't accept such gifts like this."
 
 
"Well, tell him that if this is his way to get to his wives, then tell him, i'm not planning to be his mistress." Yuri turned away to face the window. It's her way that she doesn't want to talk anymore.
 
 
The General bowed as well as his people and Seohyun sent them away.
 
 
'I knew that he has something planned.' Yuri thought as she looked over the city skyline of Seoul.
 
 
**
 
"Yuri! i'm glad you could make it! come in! Seohyun-ah is in the backyard." 
 
 
A very good looking guy named, Yonghwa, Seohyun's husband, smiled as she welcomed her sister-in-law. Yuri went in as he closed the door.
 
 
"No bodyguards?" Yonghwa asked as they walked the hallway to the backyard.
 
 
"I don't want to gain attention on your neighbors." Yuri replied.
 
 
"My neighbors doesn't care. Most of them were not living here or they're busy spending their moneys than staying home." Yonghwa joked which made Yuri laughed.
 
 
"So, you can be loud with Seohyun-ah, here?" Yuri winked which made Yonghwa laughed.
 
 
"You can say that again." They both laughed as reached the backyard.
 
 
Yuri turned towards the backyard upon hearing a group of women laughing. 
 
 
"The president has arrived." Yonghwa teased as he walked towards his wife whose busy with the barbeque. "Seohyun-ah, i'll get that. Go hang out with the girls or something."
 
 
"way to impress the girls again, Yong~?" Seohyun teased as Yonghwa winked at her.
 
 
"You know me better, my love." he teased.
 
 
"Aaaaiisshh~ too cheesy, straight couple!" a short girl named,Taeyeon teased as she walked and hugged her close friend, Yuri.
 
"How's being a president, buddy?" 
 
 
Yuri smiled at the older girl's motherly tendencies. Just then, another short girl, Taeyeon's girlfriend, Sunny came to pull Taeyeon away  to hug Yuri.
 
 
"It's obviously not good. Look at her face! You know i'll recommend you a very good organic product---"
 
 
"Yah~! stop monopolizing the president! let me hug her too!" the red haired girl pouted. Yuri pulled away from Sunny and smiled.
 
 
"Fany-ah! it's been a long time!" Yuri grinned as Tiffany hugged her.
 
 
"I know. We should've been here months ago to see you in your inaguration but things are quite busy back in Europe." Tiffany replied as she pulled away from her.
 
 
"I understand. as if we could talk easily. I got busy, too." Yuri smiled timidly.
 
 
"Yeah, Tae told me that you're not calling her, either." Tiffany sighed.
 
 
"I'm sorry i'm such a bad friend." Yuri pouted at her friend.
 
 
"I completely understand so quit the pout. It's not cute. Yah~ i cannot believe you're our President." Taeyeon teased.
 
 
"I totally agree with you, Taeyeon-ah." a voice said. They all turned and saw a blonde girl. She's Jessica, Tiffany's wife. She made her way to Yuri and hugged her. "Yuri-yah is forever a kkab for me."
 
 
Yuri smiled at her friends.
 
 
"Okay, let's save that for dinner. C'mon, guys." Yonghwa said and the girls made way to the table and they started their dinner. They have a wonderful dinner. They spent their night talking about Tiffany and Jessica's life in Europe, Taeyeon and Sunny's trip to Jeju island and Yonghwa and Seohyun's life as a newlywed couple.
 
 
"Yah~Yul, where's the love of your life?" Jessica asked as she put her head on Tiffany's shoulder.
 
 
"She can't come. You know that people might see us. I can't do that to her." Yuri said as she drank her wine.
 
 
"I understand." Jessica nodded. "I know that you're too busy since it's your first term."
 
 
"Have you tried to visit Yoonhee?" Taeyeon asked.
 
 
Just hearing her name makes Yuri's heart skippped a beat.
 
 
"I h-haven't." Yuri said embarrassed. 
 
 
"It's okay, we haven't either but we're going to go one of these days. Don't worry we'll send her your love." Tiffany said.
 
 
"Thank you." Yuri smiled shyly.
 
 
"You know i miss that shy smile of yours." Jessica commented.
 
 
"Wae?" Yuri asked.
 
 
"Tae, remember when we had our band before with Yonghwa?" Jessica asked the girl.
 
 
"Ne!" Taeyeon clapped happily. "Man! i miss those times! I remembered Yuri and i were our guitarist, Yonghwa was our drummer, you played the bass."
 
 
"Aaww really?! you didn't tell me that but i think it was so cute!" Sunny spazzed at her girlfriend by pinching her cheeks.
"We were quite popular in our neighborhood as well in our university. We already know that Yonghwa was quite a charmer to girls." Jessica grinned.
 
 
"Yeah, you're right. I can't help it, i'm so handsome." Yonghwa smirked.
 
 
"Eeeehh~" Seohyun scoffed.
 
 
"I'm handsome right? That's the reason why you married me." Yonghwa teased his wife.
 
 
"Damn, you caught me." Seohyun rolled her eyes which made them all laugh.
 
 
"But i remembered that Yuri was quite a charmer too with her guitar skills." Taeyeon smirked at her best friend.
 
 
"Woah~ jinja?!" Tiffany asked excitedly.
 
 
"Aniyo." Yuri said shyly.
 
 
"It's true. Yuri got alot of fangirls and fanboys and they spazz whenever Yuri performed. Yuri would just smile shyly whenever a girl or a guy confessed to her." Yonghwa grinned at his sister-in-law.
 
 
"shut up, it's embarrassing." Yuri said as her face reddened.
 
 
"I want to do it again someday." Yonghwa said dreamily. 
 
 
"Yeah, me too." Taeyeon agreed.
 
 
"same here." Jessica grinned.
 
 
"OMO! WE GOT TO SEE THEM PLAY!" Sunny and Tiffany spazzed as Seohyun tried to calm them down.
 
 
"How about you, Ms. President?" Taeyeon smirked.
 
 
Yuri stared at her best friend as she contemplate her answer.
 
"You know i can't right now, right. People might be surprised that i do this and heck, they might be even surprised that i'm friends with you."
 
 
"What's wrong with that?" Jessica asked.
 
 
"I don't want people get information about me through yours. I can't risk that so, i'm protecting all of you." Yuri reasoned.
 
 
"But we will play again like a band, right, Yul?" Taeyeon asked seriously. Yuri looked at them with such sadness in her eyes.
 
 
"I still can't. Maybe someday, Taeng." Yuri mumbled.
 
With her voice that's so small, Taeyeon and Jessica couldn't help but hug their best friend. They want to protect her like she did to them but they can't. The only thing they could do is to be there for her.
 
Someday...
 
 
TBC.
 
***
 
kkkyyyaaahh! i hope you like this one :) let's talk on twitter! (twitter.com/jojo_adeque)