Chapter 19

OUR LOVE

Everything has been prepared perfectly and great. Mrs. Kang felt satisfied with the preparation and decoration. For now, they only waited for the guest to come.

Song Jihyo is having a rest before the guest come. After she had prepared and decorated all things, she took a rest. She's kinda tired because today she's working overtime to fulfill a big order by Mr. and Mrs. Kang.

She just closed her eyes for about ten minutes as she heard a knock at the door. "Who's that?." She mumbled. She lazily walked toward the door and opened it. To her surprised, it's Kang Gary.

"Boss?? What a-are you d-doing here?." She's stuttering. She felt awkward actually when there's only both of them. After what Gary said in the car, she started to feel uncomfortable and awkward on front of him.

"What's wrong with you? Are you seeing a ghost?. huh..." He smirked.

"No..it just... I... I'm surprised."

"You surprised? because of what? Do you think it's weird when me, a boss came to you, the maid while it should be you who come to me. like that?." Jihyo just nodded. That's not what she surprised about actually. She just being awkward but she didn't want her boss to find out so she just agreed with him.

"Well Jihyo ssi, you don't have to be surprised about this afterward. Starts from now on, you need to be prepared and used by this! Okay?." He winked before left. She left Jihyo alone dumbfounded. 'From now on?? Is that meant he'll do that again after this? I need to be prepared? to be used? Is this true or I'm just dreaming? What does he wants actually? He should just tell me straightly.' She thought. Gary's words kept playing in her mind right after that. She wanted to brush it off her mind but she can't. 'And that winks!. What does it meant? Is he flirting with me? WHAT?! No no!! It can't be. I'm just his maid and it's impossible that he's going to do that on me. Aishh!!! I don't want to think about that anymore. better I do something now so that I can forget him and those nonsense things.

 

"Song Joongki, have you finished?." Mrs. Song shouted from downstairs.

"Yes I am. I'm going downstairs now~." Joongki replied.

Soon after that, Joongki arrived downstairs. "err... I wanna ask something." "What is it son?." Mrs. Song smiled. "Where are we going actually?." He asked wanted to know. His parents didn't tell him the place that they will go to. "We're going out for dinner." She said simply. "I knew that but where is the place?." "Just come with us. Let's go, your dad has been waiting for us inside the car." She patted her son. Joongki doesn't know why his mom refused to tell him the place. He should know the place because he will join the dinner too. He wondered why his mom did that. He wanted to ask her mom about it again but he held himself back. He just followed his mom get into the car and kept silented.

"Joongki, may I ask you a question?."

"Yes of course."

"Are you okay?." Joongki got confused as his mom asked that question.

"Huh? What do you means? I am okay..."

"I am sure you don't. Do you mind to tell me what's happening? Tou make me worried about you."

"There's nothing to be worried about. I'm just okay but..." He stopped before he could finish his words. He;s in doubt wether to continue it or just drop it.

"But...what?." Mrs. Song waited for her son.

"Ewmm...nothing. I forgot what I wanted to say." He lied.

"Okay.."

"Joongki ah..if anything bothers you, just tell me. We are both men and I think it's more comfortable for you because it's man to man." Mr. Song interrupted.

"Yes appa..." He nodded in agrement. Well his fater was right maybe he'll feel more comfortable if he talk to his father. But this is not the right time yet to share anything with his parents. He knew if he shares those things that bothered his mind with his parents, his parents will just get angry toward him. So that's why he lied to his mother by saying that nothing bothered him. It's for his good not to share with them. It's also for his parents good. For him, it's better keeps it by himself for now and when the right time come, he'll share everything. Not just for his good, his parents good but also for his whole big family good.

 

As they have arrived at a place, Joongki became surprised. He bothered to ask his mother.

"Eomma, why are we here."

"Surprise!! We are having our dinner here with Kang's family and some friends." Mrs. Song said excitedly.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?."

"I want to make surprise for you. I know you happy because you'll meet Kang Gary, your friend." She added. But then, Mrs. Song realised Joongki's face looked worried. He's not even smiling but he just surprised and worried.

"Joongki yah..why? You don't like it?."

"W-what?? n-no I just surprised. I don't expected that you will do this to me." He tell lies. He faked a smile.

"Really? I thougt you didn't like it." Mrs. Song sighed in relieved.

"Are you guys have finished or not?." Mr. Song suddenly asked.

"Yes. Let's go now." Mrs. Song answered. She then looked back at her son. "Joongki ah, let's go." Said her and Joongki nodded. He felt nervous. He disagreed the idea to have dinner here with Kang family. Something bad might happened if they meet with her. Song Jihyo.Joongki new she worked here while his parents didn't know about it. There's no one in Song's big family that know about Jihyo's job except her parents and Joongki. If they finds out about this, they will surely mocked Jihyo. He didn't moved a bit until his mother called him out.

"Song Joongki. Why are you still there? Follow me."

"Yes eomma.." He quickly walked over to his mom and dad. He just walked behind them. He just hope that his parents and Jihyo won't meet but it's impossible. Jihyo's inside the mansion while them, they will get into the mansion in any seconds. When Jihyo and them in one mansion, the propability they'll meet are more than they won't meet. Joongki breathed in and out silently behind his parents.

'Relax Song Joongki. You can do this. Fighting!!!.' He cheered himself up before get into the mansion in one..two..three..

"Mr. and Mrs. Song, please welcome." They're welcomed by a butler.

"Please come this way.." One of the maid showing us the way to the living room. They're all awed by the scenery. The house was decorated nicely even just for tonight.

After that, Mr. and Mrs. Kang approached them.

"You guys are here already?? Come in!!." Mrs. Kang and Song hugged with each other. While Mr. Song and Mr. Kang just shake hands.

"Joongki is here too? Do you want to see Gary?." Mrs. Kang smiled.

"Yes Mrs. Kang."

"Well I didn't see him. Where is he?." Mrs. Kang looked around her to find her son but there's no sign og Gary around her.

"Gary is in the kitchen just now. He-----" Mr. Kang was cutted off when he heard a familiar voice.

"I'm here. Mr., Mrs. Song and Joongki, good evening." He greeted them.

"Good evening Gary ah.." They greeted him back.

"Where have you been Gary ah? Your dad said you were in the kitchen just now." His mom asked him question.

"Eo! I just met my maid Ji---" He couldn't even finish his words as Joongki interrupted. "Hyung! Let's go somewhere outside. I have a lot of things to talk to you."

"o-okay.." Gary hesitated at first but he nodded. Joongki pulled him away to get out of the mansion.

"Aishh why does he interrupted when Gary's speaking?." Mr. Song grumbled. "I'm sorry for what just happened." Mr. Song apologised toward Mr. and Mrs. Kang.

"No, you don't have to. It's not a big deal." Mr. Kang said as he patted his shoulders.

---

Joongki and Gary already went out of the mansion. Joongki brought Gary away from the mansion and his action made Gary wondered. He looked arounds and make sure there's no one there and only both of them. He sighed in relieved when there's only both of them there. He faced Gary and sees that Gary gave him a look as he asked for an explanation.

"Hyung..."

"Why are you dragging me here Joongki ah?."

"Uhm.. I need your help hyung, please.." He hold Gary's hand. He begged for Gary's help.

"Ya..what's wrong with you? What kind of help?."

"Jihyo noona..don't ever mention anything about her in front of my parents. please...?." Gary just blinked his eyes. He didn't get it what's Joongki trying to say.

"Okay...b-but why?."

"You know right that we're cousins and you know that my grandparents abandoned her family. My parents didn't know that Jihyo noona works here so please hyung? Just don't mention about noona for tonight."

"For real Joongki ah?? I'll help you then...don't worry." He patted the younger ones.

"One more think! Jihyo noona is in the kitchen right?." He asked and Gary nodded. "Please just do anything to stop noona from meeting them. Don't let her go to the dining table or the living room. Just ask her to stay in the kitchen."

"I will do that. You don't have to worry, just trust me. Okay?. Relax." Gary said tried to calm Joongki. Joongki nodded. He trust in Gary. He knew Gary will help him because they're friends. Joongki felt nervous inside. He scared what if his parents and Jihyo meet. He just hope that they will never meet inside the mansion.

"Let's go now Joongki." Gary said. ''Okay hyung." He breathed in and out before walked into the mansion.

All the guests had already arrived at the Kang's mansion. As soon as the guests enter the mansion, the dinner was about to start. Gary and Joongki followed the other guests inside. Joongki approached his parents who were chatting with some guests while Gary went to the kitchen to meet Jihyo.

At the kitchen..

"Mongji ah.." Gary approached Jihyo with a sudden and it surprised her.

"Boss! You surprised me. what are you doing here?." She hedl her chest. "Just follow me." He dragged Jihyo along with him. While Jihyo of course she's surprised by it. Gary brought her to the backyard.

"Let me go! Why are you bringing me here? If you want to talk, we can just talk inside." She let her hand off from Gary's.

"Just stay in the kitchen!."

"What? What do you means?."

''Never leave the kitchen. Don't go to the living room or the dining table." He warned her.

Jihyo sighed. "What is that? An order? Well I'm sorry because I can't follow it. I need to serve all of the guest who came the best and I don't want to disappoint your mother."

Jihyo was about to leave but "Joongki is here!." she stopped as she heard that. She faced Gary.

"Joongki?."

"Yes, along with his parents." Her eyes became widened. His parents? My aunt and uncle?.

"What?."

"Joongki asked me to not let you meet them. He scared if something bad happens to you. Please Jihyo ah, just stay in the kitchen and don't ever go to the living room. Please?." He hold Jihyo's hand. He begged her. Jihyo is in doubted. This is part of her job. She have, she need to serve all of the guests but at the same time she felt scared if she meets them, Joongki's parents. She's clueless. She's speechless. What should I do? Eomma, Appa...what should I do? Please help me...

"Jihyo, are you okay?."

"Boss!."

"Please help me. Please help me to avoid from them..."

Gary smiled. He satisfied as Jihyo agreed with him. "I will. Don't worry.." He rubbed Jihyo's back as he calmed her. But it's him who didn't calmed. His heart is beating faster as he rubbed Jihyo's back while Jihyo held his hand. He stared into her eyes and he can sees that she's in worried and in fear. As a man. he held Jihyo's hand back. He calmed her. ''It's okay Mongji.. Joongki is here and.. I'm here too." He smiled and he succeed in making Jihyo smiled. Jihyo on the other hand, she felt safe when Gary held her hands. She felt safe as he said those words. Jihyo smiled. She could feel her heart was pounding. She stared into his eyes. They both stared into each other eyes. Their hands still held into each other. They were in that position for a few minutes. It was last until Jihyo broke it.

''Boss! I-I think we should get inside now." She avoided from meeting his eyes. She let off her hand from his.

"Jihyo ah!." Gary held it back.

"Yes?."

"We're alone. So...."

"So...?."

"You know..that.."

Jihyo smiled as she get it.

"Gary oppa....let's go!!." Slowly she pulled her hand away. She turned back and walked into the mansion. She left Gary alone whose smiling and his heart was pounding.

"Finally!!." He smirked. He then followed Jihyo into the mansion. He felt happy. Jihyo called him oppa. Finally. He succeed. He really did succeed.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------