I'm Sorry

Don't Love Me, You'll Regret It

Hey guys! I finished this chapter at last xD I'm trying to give you guys hints in every chapter... but it won't be until later that all the secrets are revealed :D I hope you like this chapter, please enjoy reading! (P.S. italicized isn't past here; it's just inner thoughts)


Yun Hee’s POV:

 

            I slammed the door shut behind me as I began to feel tears run down my cheeks.  “God help me,” I mumbled as I collapsed into a heap at the doorway, “Why can’t I just tell him?”  I wiped the tears away furiously with my sleeves.  Because he’s the one who ruined your life, my mind told me. I clenched my fists.  “No, I ruined my own life,” I whispered.  Luhan was a good guy.  Why should he have to live with the burden of ruining my happiness?  I shook my head free of the invading thoughts and tried to stand up, but to no avail.

            “Dear? Did you bring the groceries?” my grandmother called out from her seat in the living room.  I hurriedly dried my face and calmed my palpitating heart by taking deep breaths.

            “No halmeoni, the store was too crowded.  I’ll be there in a minute; I just need to take off my shoes,” I replied shakily.  I was scared to tell her about my encounter with Luhan.  I knew that I could trust my grandmother, but harabeoji? No way.  He’d hate Luhan and possibly throw him out of the house.  He had a good reason to though, and I don’t blame him.  I quickly jumped to my feet and raced into the living room.  My grandmother saw my tear-stained face and frowned slightly, but I just shook my head indicating that I didn’t feel like talking at the moment.  She smiled in understanding and allowed me to run into my small bedroom.

            I truly loved my grandparents, but sometimes I missed my mother.  If she was here, she would be able to help me!  Then again, if she was still living, I wouldn’t be here in the first place.  I sighed heavily as I jumped under the covers of my bed.  I didn’t know anymore.  Life was too confusing.  “Goodnight umma,” I whispered to the picture on my bedside table before turning off the light switch.  I could worry about everything tomorrow.

            “Have a nice day harabeoji, halmeoni!” I shouted as I made my way out of the kitchen with a piece of toast in my mouth.  I wanted to get to school extra early; maybe my professors would go easy on me today and let me hang out in the classroom after doing my work.  Friends were a foreign word to me, and the only solace I had was at the back of Mr. Park’s classroom.  He was a fairly nice teacher; he praised his students extravagantly and did not fail to reward those who did extremely well with good exam scores.  You could fail the exams, but pass the class because he bumped you up as a result of hard work.  I laughed softly to myself.  And he gives me free food somedays, I thought.  My family wasn’t exactly poor; in fact, we were well off.  The only problem was that my full inheritance wouldn’t be given to me until I was married.  Well that definitely wouldn’t happen soon.  I don’t have any friends, so how will I get a boyfriend?

            I sighed and walked out of the front door while sliding on a pair of gloves, finding a brightly colored bundle at my feet.  Hm, what’s this? I thought to myself as I picked up the bundle.  Flowers?  I peeked into the cellophane wrapper, trying to find a card with a name.  I plucked a small, tannish paper from the flowers and opened the card to read the message from the sender.

 

My little Li Zi,

I’m so sorry about what happened yesterday.  I even woke up my dongsaengs early just to buy you flowers.  Let’s see… The woman at the store told me to get you purple hyacinths because they mean ‘I’m Sorry,’ but I don’t know.  The flower doesn’t really fit you.  So instead, I asked for them to add a few branches of plum blossoms.  I hope you like it…  Uh, I’m really nervous writing this letter, but would you like to hang out tonight?  I’ll meet you there at seven.

Love,

Your Little Deer

 

            I blinked as I looked at the scrap of paper with an address scribbled onto it.  A park?  I guess that would work out.  I chuckled and nestled the bouquet of flowers into my arms before beginning my trek to school.

 

            “You’re early today,” Mr. Park said as I entered the classroom.  I nodded as I made my way to my small desk.  I practically lived in this classroom.  I was here almost every day, and I sat in the same spot all the time.  I liked Mr. Park’s classroom because there was noise that could drown out my fear.  No one could find out my secret here.   “What’s that?” Mr. Park asked while taking a seat in the desk beside mine.  He pointed at the bouquet of flowers and I smiled to myself.

            “Nothing,” I answered, busying myself with papers that I took out from my bag.  Mr. Park laughed at my childishness and shrugged.  At that moment, I received a message on my phone.

            “Are you awake yet? –Hannie,” I read the text on the screen aloud.  My face burst into a grin.  It’s not like I was waiting for him to message me, but I was definitely excited to see him again.

            Mr. Park looked at me and wiggled his eyebrows.  “Oooh, someone has a lover~” he teased while trying to get a glimpse of my phone screen.  I blushed heavily and shook my head.

            “Aniya! Just a friend,” I mumbled while replying to Luhan.

 

To: Hannie

From: Li Zi

 

Yes I’m awake ^^!

Just at school right now~

I’ll see you later then, oppa.

 

            I hurriedly shut off my phone so I wouldn’t be distracted any longer.  Students were beginning to come into the room, and I needed to focus on my work.  Law school was soooo boring though.  How do my grandparents expect me to learn something this boring?  I pouted as I repositioned the gloves on my hand and took out a pencil to work.

 

Luhan’s POV:

 

            “Hyuuuuuung, why did you wake us up SO EARLY?!” Sehun whined, curling up into a ball on the couch.

            “I need your guys’ help with something,” I replied while shrugging.  Tao yawned and stretched his arms.

            “Couldn’t you have waited until later? It’s only… 5:30 AM!” he shouted in my face.  I stuck my tongue out at him and laughed.

            “Nope.  I need to go buy flowers, but I’ve never done it before.  Anyways, she needs to get them before she leaves the house!” I said with determination.  Minseok facepalmed and I sent him the cutest face I could possibly make.  Minseok looked at me with disgust and pushed my face away from him.  I just laughed as the other members looked at me as if I was crazy.

            “Fine, fine.  Let’s go,” Kris the duizhang said.  I nodded happily and began to drag Yixing and Joonmyeon out of the building.  We all piled into one van and headed for the nearest flower shop.

            “Hyuuuuuung, you’re taking so long!” Jongin wailed at me.  I discarded the letter I was writing for the twentieth time.  I couldn’t decide what to say; no matter what I wrote, it all sounded so awkward!

            “I’m almost done!” I replied, sticking the notecard into the bouquet of flowers.  I gave up; she’ll just have to deal with a really awkward letter.  Chanyeol sighed exasperatedly.

            “Finally! Let’s go already hyungggg.  I don’t want to be doing this all day!” he pouted, while pulling me out of the flower shop.  I threw a couple bills onto the counter of the shop and thanked the lady who was helping us as I was dragged out of the building.  The other members threw me into the car and drove to Yun Hee’s place as fast as possible.

            “And THIS is why you shouldn’t get a girlfriend,” I heard Baekhyun whisper to Chanyeol and I rolled my eyes as they giggled.

            “She is NOT my girlfriend! I’m not even allowed to have a girlfriend,” I puffed my cheeks out in annoyance as the car pulled into Yun Hee’s driveway.

            “Whatever you say, lover boy,” Sehun teased as I felt someone nudge me to the door of the car.  I looked at Joonmyeon and he smiled at me.

            “Go get her,” he whispered, showing me a thumbs up.  I laughed and nodded at him while being pushed out of the van.  I stumbled onto the doorstep and looked at the floor hesitantly.

            Was this going to be a date?  Was I too forward to ask her to hang out after one day?  Nah… We’re just friends, I tried to reassure myself while clearing the freshly fallen snow from the doorstep.  I swear my heart beat a little bit faster as I placed the flowers on the floor.

            “I hope you like it, Yun Hee,” I whispered to myself and the flowers before scurrying back into the van quickly.

            “HYUNG IT’S SIX THIRTY IN THE MORNING! LET ME GO BACK TO SLEEP!” Chanyeol shouted from the car, only to have the rest of the members shush him as he might wake up the rest of the neighborhood.

            “Coming, coming!” I said while laughing as I hopped into the van.


Hey guyssss... Do you even read these author's notes xD?

Well, just to let you know, I would love it if you gave me feedback sometime :3

I CAN'T DECIDE WHETHER I WANT SIDE COUPLES OR NOT.  Anyways, please comment and subscribe <3

I love you guys :D