So We Meet Again

Don't Love Me, You'll Regret It

Hello ^^ I've posted the first chapter, please enjoy!


Yun Hee’s POV:

            “Halmeoni, I’m going to the market to buy groceries, okay?” I called out to my grandmother who was sitting in the kitchen as I walked out of the house after slipping a small metallic box in my coat’s pocket.  I pulled my coat closer to my body as the bitter wind greeted me good morning.  Shivering slightly, I locked the door and began to walk down the street to the local market a few blocks away.

            “Ugh, what should I cook today?” I mumbled to myself, shuffling in the cold trying not to wet my shoes in the freshly fallen snow.  I was getting fed up of having to cook all the time, especially since I wasn’t particularly talented at it in the first place.  As I let out a big sigh, my breath vaporized in the air.  It was getting colder every minute, and if I didn’t want to freeze to death, I would have to hurry and buy the groceries for the day.

            I pulled out my phone from my pocket, scrolling though the shopping list that I had written earlier.  “Bread… I’ll get that first, so I can eat breakfast,” I said aloud.  The people around me probably though I was crazy, but oh well.  Maybe I was a little crazy.  I rubbed my hands together to prevent them from becoming numb, and I began to march towards the bakery.

            “What’s next…. Milk?” I murmured, carrying a bag of fresh bread at my side.  It wasn’t snowing at the moment, but I could feel the wind nipping at my face.  I wanted to hurry up and go outside.  I waddled towards the supermarket, trying to find the entrance.

            “Hey, is that EXO?” a teenage girl beside me murmured to her friend while pointing at a large crowd that was forming at the front of the supermarket.  EXO? What in the world is that? A fruit? I thought to myself as I plowed towards the crowd with determination.  I walked far, so I wasn’t going to leave without buying my milk.

            Unfortunately, the doors were blocked by a large group of teenage girls.  “Excuse me,” I said meekly, trying to find a way to get inside safely.

            A girl turned to face me.  “What do you think you’re doing?! Wait in line, EXO is in there!” she shouted at my face.  I shrunk backwards, not used to being approached by strangers.  Most human contact was foreign to me now, since I had my accident.

            I slipped my hand into my pocket to squeeze the small metallic candy box.  What is going on in there? I thought to myself.  The doors of the market slowly opened, causing many people in the crowd to circle around them leaving only a few meters of open space.  A group of handsome boys came out, who appeared to be in their early twenties.  Many of them were wearing sunglasses or bandanas to cover their faces, so I assumed that they were celebrities.  So THAT’S what EXO is… I thought to myself.  I stared at the floor, waiting for the group of men to pass so I could enter the supermarket.  I didn’t want to make eye contact, just in case the girls next to me did not approve of that.

            I stood completely still as the group of people began to pass me.  “Why is Lulu just standing there?” a girl nearby me mumbled.  Lulu?  Why did that sound strangely familiar?  I tried to look up, but the crowd began to jostle me around.  I held my left arm tightly to my body while trying to peer over their heads.  A tuft of blond hair caught my eye, but the crowd was moving too much for me to get a better look.

            “Li zi?” a voice shouted out to the crowd, causing many girls to become bewildered.  My eyes widened and shot upward as I heard that nickname.  I hadn't heard someone call me that in over ten years.  Could it be?

            I almost died at the sight I saw.  The man with the blonde tuft of hair removed his sunglasses and began running towards me. ME. Not just anyone.  I could tell.  My breath caught in my throat and I dropped the bag of bread I was holding.  “H-hannie?” I whispered before I fell to the pavement as darkness clouded my vision.

 

Luhan’s POV:

            “Guys, I’m going to go to the grocery store to buy ingredients for our lunch.  Does anyone want to come with me?” Kyungsoo called out to the 11 of us who were scattered on various pieces of furniture in the living room.

            Sehun shot up from his chair and stood stiffly.  “Are you implying that we’re going out? Does this mean… bubble tea?” he questioned tentatively.  I rolled my eyes slightly.  I had nothing against bubble tea, and nothing against Sehun, but I wasn’t willing to go outside on a day off just to buy bubble tea with him.

            “Why don’t you just ask manager hyung to buy our stuff?  I don’t want to go outside,” Kris groaned, voicing my thoughts exactly.  I grinned triumphantly, hoping that people would agree with Kris.

            “Nonsense! It’s a nice day, and you need fresh air.  It’s good to see the outside world sometimes,” Joonmyeon stated while standing up to grab his coat.  I rolled my eyes slightly.  It seems that Suho really wanted to go shopping, so I finally agreed.

            “Okay, I’ll go too.  But Sehun… I’m not buying you bubble tea,” I stated while standing up to find something warm to wear.  I grabbed a pair of sunglasses and put them on as I heard Sehun sigh heavily.

            “I’ll call manager hyung then?” Kai said while taking out his cellphone.  The two leaders nodded at him, and he began to dial the number.  As soon as everyone was dressed up in thick layers, we shuffled outside into the two company vans.  I slid into the back seat next to Joonmyeon, and he smiled at me and patted my shoulder gently.

            “Are you okay?” he whispered, while snuggling into my side in an attempt to keep warm.  I looked at him, wishing that he hadn’t brought up the dream again.

            “I’m good; I just need to stop thinking so much,” I said while flashing him a smile so he would stop worrying.  Suho nodded, and the car began to move after we all buckled our seatbelts.

            “Wow, there’s snow!” Chanyeol exclaimed as he hopped out of the car.  We carefully followed him, not wanting to be recognized right away.

            “Shhh, you’re drawing attention,” Lay said quietly while walking straight towards the supermarket.  Feeling slightly embarrassed about Chanyeol’s actions, I followed Yixing and Kyungsoo into the supermarket right away.

            I peeked over Kyungsoo’s shoulder to glance at the shopping list.  “Kimchi Spaghetti again?!” I exclaimed, drawing unnecessary attention to our large group.  Kyungsoo nodded and began to throw various things into the shopping cart.  People began to form a crowd around us, so I walked away from the group hoping to dissuade the fans from following us.

            I strolled towards the candy aisle, hoping no fans would follow me and ask for a picture or autograph.  It’s not that I don’t love my fans; it’s just that I really wanted a day off where I could be myself and not have to act all cool.  I browsed through all the boxes of candy, until a shiny metallic box caught my eye.

            “Peppermints…” I mumbled while picking up a pack.  I held it tightly in my hand and threw it in Kyungsoo’s shopping cart before meeting up with the rest of EXO to pay for our groceries.

            “Oh man.  They know we’re in here,” Chen said while pointing out the window of the grocery store.  I could see that a crowd had formed outside, but no one was entering the grocery store.  Security was most likely keeping them outside for our safety.  I pulled my scarf higher to cover my face and repositioned my sunglasses.

            “Don’t worry too much; we’ll just get out and go back to the dorm,” Xiumin stated while helping Kyungsoo carry the bag of groceries.  I picked out the small box of peppermints from the plastic bags and opened the wrapper carefully.  I popped a piece of the candy into my mouth, preparing myself to go outside in the cold.

            Chanyeol and Kris exited first while the rest of us followed behind.  As the doors opened, I was greeted with a blast of cold air, causing me to blink repeatedly.  There were more people than I had expected that gathered outside.  I opened and closed my mouth repeatedly, trying to savor the peppermint flavor.

            A head covered with long, jet-black hair popped out from the top of the crowd, causing my stomach to drop.  I froze in place, waiting for the head to pop up again.  Was it her? I had to know.

            “Why is Lulu just standing there?” someone murmured from the crowd.  Tao sent me a concerned look, moving to tug on my arm but I couldn’t even feel it.  A pair of dark eyes settled on my own, and my breath caught in my throat.  I scanned the owner of those eyes thoroughly, still in shock.  Round, rosy cheeks… A button nose… Black glossy hair... light pink lips pressed together tightly.  She seemed exactly like the girl I used to know, especially since she was wearing a white coat, Yun Hee’s favorite color.  My heart began to pound in my chest.  Could it be?

            “Li zi?” I called out to the girl, my nickname for my best friend who I thought I would never see again.  I bit down on my lip, waiting for a response to see if it really was her.  I could be mistaken since it’s been ten years since I’ve seen her.  The girl with the black hair froze and her eyes widened greatly.

            I could tell that everyone was staring at me, but I didn’t care.  I bolted towards her, running as fast as I could towards the crowd.  The girl dropped a bag, and whispered something as I ran towards her.

            She began to sway sideways and her eyes rolled slightly.  I figured that this wasn’t a good sign, so I began to run faster.  Just as I reached the girl, she collapsed into a heap on the pavement.  I didn’t care about anything at the moment, and I embraced her tightly.  My heart was still pounding heavily in my chest, not allowing me to breathe normally.  Finally becoming aware of my surroundings and the people who were staring, I acted on impulse and swept the girl up in my arms, carrying her bridal style to the waiting van.

            I motioned over to our leaders, and then at the bag that lay at the floor.  Joonmyeon’s eyes widened, but he nodded in understanding and picked up the girl’s belongings.  “What are you doing?” Sehun hissed at me as I walked towards the van at full speed.

            I ignored his remarks as I boarded the van and sat in the back, placing the girl who I was sure was my Li zi on my lap.  I her hair gently as the rest of EXO began to board the van.

            “Are you crazy? This is kidnapping!” Sehun hissed into my ear once again.  I shot a glare at him.

            “You don’t understand.  Manager hyung, bring us home please,” I stated while taking my coat off to wrap it around Yun Hee.  I couldn’t believe it.  Was I dreaming?  I bit down on my lip and stared at the unconscious girl in my lap as the van headed towards the dorm.


So did you like it? Next chapter, I'm planning to explain a bit more of their childhood story ^^ It might make more sense after a few chapters... Also, I plan for this fic to be about 15 chapters long.  Please comment and subscribe; I appreciate it <3! But wow, 2 subscribers and 39 views... Thank you guys so much!

OH BY THE WAY. I CHANGED LUHAN'S NICKNAME FOR YUN HEE. >///< I kind of realized this a bit late, but it sounds too much like Lulu. xD OKAY IT'S PRONOUNCED LIKE LI ZEU (like Baozi, bao zuh).  If this is easier for you to unbderstand, here are the Chinese characters o u o  BUT YEAH. You'll understand the meaning later ^^