What Did I Do?

Don't Love Me, You'll Regret It

If you hadn't noticed... italicized means that it happened in the past xD OKAY THIS IS HALF FILLER AND HALF IMPORTANT STUFF.  Please enjoy <3 This chapter is a bit confusing ><


 

          After their classes, Lu Han waited for Yun Hee at the door.  “Hey, want to go to the dock with me after school?  There’s a nice lady there that always gives me dried squid,” Lu Han stated while walking outside of the classroom with his new friend.  Luckily, Lu Han was able to speak some Korean as it was his dream to one day study in Korea.  Yun Hee seemed flustered at all her other classmates speaking Mandarin, so Lu Han tried his best to speak in Korean to her so she would be more comfortable.

            Yun Hee beamed and nodded, happy that she already had a best friend on her first day of school.  Hoping that her parents wouldn’t scold her for not going directly home, Yun Hee followed Lu Han excitedly.  She had never been in China before, so she was ecstatic to have a friend who spoke Chinese guiding her around their neighborhood.

            Lu Han took the girl’s hand and pulled her down a short alley that brought the duo to the ocean where many fishing boats were docked.  Yun Hee took a deep breath, inhaling the salty ocean air.  “Xie Xie,” Lu Han said while bowing to an elderly lady after receiving a few strips of dried squid.  Yun Hee broke free from her thoughts, realizing that she was spacing out.  Lu Han laughed softly at the bewildered look the girl was wearing and tugged on her hand.  “I’ll show you my secret spot!” Lu Han said while grinning proudly.  Lu Han wasn’t exactly the most popular kid at school, but he was nowhere near antisocial.  He had many friends, but none that he was sure he could trust.  After all, it’s hard to find a friend in your first year of middle school.  Everyone is going through an identity crisis, trying to fit in with the norm.  Lu Han hated people like that; he wished everyone would just be themselves.  Since Yun Hee was new to China, Lu Han knew she wouldn’t fit in right away.  He didn’t want her to fit in; he wanted to get to know her personality before she would become like everyone else.

            “Isn’t this dangerous?” the girl asked as the blonde led her over an old bridge that seemed as if it was about to snap any minute.  Lu Han shrugged as he helped her hop off from the bridge onto a small patch of sand.

            “Danger is exciting, right?” he said while grinning cheekily.  Yun Hee shrugged; although the thought of danger made her heart race, she wasn’t too excited of what would happen when her parents found out she went with a classmate to the docks.  The boy pulled Yun Hee around the corner, and the two of them came face to face with an area with a small overhang to provide shelter from the sunlight.  Instead of sitting under the overhang, Lu Han led the shorter girl over to a dock that was attached to the edge of the sand.  The dock creaked lazily as the two children sat down.

            “Wanna know something cool?” Lu Han said while ripping a piece of squid off for his companion.  The girl nodded and looked up at him with wide eyes.  “That song you were singing earlier… about the deer… my surname means deer!” he explained with a glint in his eye.  Never in her life had Yun Hee seen someone so proud of sharing a name with a deer.  She laughed and shook her head.

            “Nope… I don’t think that deer eat squid,” Yun Hee said, trying to outsmart the older boy.  Lu Han pouted slightly, and tilted his head.

            “What do deer eat then?” Lu Han said to himself, deep in thought.  The girl beside him also tried to concentrate on their problem.  If Lu Han was a deer, then what was he supposed to eat?  “Oh! I have it!” Lu Han exclaimed while grinning triumphantly.  Yun Hee looked at him as if he was crazy, but waited to hear her friend’s great idea.  “I like plums… so deer like plums!” he exclaimed, while swinging his legs that were hanging off the dock.  Yun Hee laughed at his strange reasoning.

            “Wait… if you’re the deer… then who’s the plum?” she asked.  It wouldn’t be complete if there was a deer but no plum.
            Lu Han pointed at his companion while chewing on his snack of dried squid. “YOU can be my plum,” he stated, “You’re my li zi!” Lu Han stared at the girl who was currently looking at him blankly.  “Oh, I forgot you’re not fluent in Chinese…” Lu Han said while pouting slightly.  “It means plum,” the blonde boy explained, trying to teach his new friend Chinese.  Yun Hee nodded; she was a girl who learned things quickly.

            “Li zi,” she repeated while smiling brightly.  “Got it!” Lu Han grinned back at her, feeling proud.

            “Hey, from now on… I’ll teach you Chinese, but can you teach me Korean?” Lu Han asked, standing up to stretch.  The sun was about to set, and the sky was a tinted red.  The blonde boy glanced at the girl who was still sitting down on the dock.  She looked up to him and nodded.

            “I’d love to, Deer Han,” she said jokingly while standing up.  Lu Han squinted at her and rolled his eyes.

            “Yah, are you making fun of me?! I’ll get you for this!” Lu Han exclaimed while running towards Yun Hee.  Yun Hee stuck her tongue out and started jogging in the other direction, back up to where all the fishermen were.

            “Maybe I am.  But either way, you can’t catch me!” she grinned while running as fast as she could without tripping.  Not knowing exactly where to run to, Yun Hee decided to run towards her new house with Lu Han following right behind her.  Lu Han smirked; he definitely could outrun the shorter girl.  He sprinted as fast as he could, following the girl through several alleyways.

            Yun Hee began to slow down, panting heavily, and Lu Han laughed and jumped onto her from behind while grinning triumphantly.  “Gotcha~” he said, sticking his tongue out playfully.

            A deep voice spoke, interrupting Yun Hee who was just about to comment on Lu Han’s victory.  “And who might this be?” the man questioned, gesturing towards Lu Han.  Yun Hee’s eyes widened and her voice filled with panic.

            “Dad?” she exclaimed as Lu Han let go of her reluctantly.

 

            Luhan buckled his seatbelt while eyeing the girl sitting in the seat beside him.  “This feels so surreal,” he thought to himself as he inserted the keys into the car.  Not wanting to rush their departure, Luhan decided to have some small talk before starting the car.

            “So… how’s life?” Luhan asked awkwardly.  He mentally hit himself when he realized how stupid he must have sounded.  Yun Hee just laughed and shrugged.

            “Pretty good.  School’s a pain in the though,” she added with a sigh.  Luhan blinked in confusion.

            “I thought you liked singing?” Luhan asked.  Yun Hee’s eyes widened and she shook her head rapidly.

            “Oh no, I’m not going to a music school.  I attend law school,” she clarified, confusing Luhan even more.  Luhan was about to question Yun Hee’s choice of schools, but he quickly silenced himself when he saw the look in her eyes.  Luhan did not want to bring up any painful memories, so instead he decided to start the engine of the car.

            “Where’s your house?” Luhan asked, handing his phone to the woman sitting next to him.  She took the phone and inputted her address into the navigation system before passing the phone back to Luhan.  Luhan pouted slightly; the house was only about a five-minute drive away.  He had hoped to talk more, since he wanted to catch up on ten missing years.  Luhan shrugged as he turned the engine on and backed out of the driveway.

            “Thank you for taking me home,” Yun Hee said while staring out the window in amazement but also fear.  She hadn’t ridden a car in years, and although the scenery was beautiful, the ice glazing the road make her eyes widen in fear.  Taking notice of the sudden change of expressions on the girl’s peaceful face, Luhan made sure to drive carefully.  He reached over to turn on the stereo, hoping that some music would soothe the girl’s nerves.

            The music drifted throughout the car, causing Luhan to smile pleasantly.  He turned to look at his companion, but dropped his jaw in shock.

            “A-are you okay?!” he exclaimed, finding the girl covering her ears and wincing in pain at the sound of music.  Tears were dripping down her cheeks, and her eyes were shut tightly.

            Yun Hee stayed silent, biting her lip as a look of pain washed over her face.  Just as Luhan was about to pull the car over she whispered, “Please turn it off…”  Luhan’s eyes widened to the size of watermelons.

            “What?!” he exclaimed to himself before turning off the radio.   Yun Hee let out a sigh of relief as she uncovered her ears and wiped the hot tears off her face.  Luhan was extremely confused, but he decided not to question her until they got to her house.  He didn’t want to cause any more tension between them, and it was already starting to get pretty awkward.  Luhan sighed and pulled into the driveway of the girl’s house.

            “Thank you,” Yun Hee mumbled, still clearly upset about the incident that happened in the car.  Luhan frowned slightly at the change in atmosphere.

            As Yun Hee was about to leave the car, Luhan exclaimed, “Wait! Did I do something wrong?” he said, with a look of hurt painted on his face.  Yun Hee shook her head.

            “It’s not you,” she said reluctantly.  “I have to go… I’ll talk to you later?” Yun Hee told Luhan before scribbling down her phone number on a scrap of paper and handing it to him.  She sent a quick wave at Luhan before scurrying out of the car in embarrassment.

            “What did I just do?” Luhan said while clutching his head in his hands.  “I’m an idiot,” he sighed before pulling out of the driveway and heading back towards the dorm.


Do you guys have any idea about what is happening to Yun Hee xD?  I'll give more hints and explain later on, but for now it's a mystery~ OKAY SO MY EXAMS ARE THIS WEEK TT^TT I'll probably update at the end of this week, when all exams are over o u o If you guys have any ideas on how you want Luhan or Yunhee to act, please tell me <3 I'd love to hear about it :D

and btw... do you guys want guyxguy side couples of EXO members x3?