Accentuate

Asphyxia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There had been polite knock on the door to he and Siwon’s suite and curious Kyuhyun had waddled up to answer the door. Nearly eight months pregnant, his even more awkward movements had become completely comical and yes, Donghae loved laughing at him in which Kyuhyun was not amused at all. His swollen ankles also were not helping to ease Kyuhyun’s mood, not to mention his arching back, as well as the ridiculous need to relieve himself every goddamn hour. He was slowly becoming strained by the final stage of his pregnancy, and if he could be honest to himself, he was totally almost freaking out.

 

Kyuhyun was all alone, it was a fine afternoon and he had no idea about Siwon’s whereabouts. He had woken up to the king sized bed and his lover was no where in sight. The pale man was hardly concerned though.

Key’s appearance clearly surprised him. The petite yet cheerful lil guy with a very unique sense of fashion was one of the guy he became close with during his stay in Headquarters, though Siwon clearly forbid him to get close to any living creature he didn’t approve off, so basically Kyuhyun’s companions were Donghae and a few shadow bodyguards. However, Key was not totally bad, despite his choice on the wardrobe he wore, Kyuhyun added mentally. He was a bit childish and a ball of energy.

“Key?”

The orange haired guy gave him a cheerful wave.

“Hello, Kyunnie-chan!” The happiest member Kyuhyun knew so far in Headquarters chirped.

“You look very healthy and sooo round!” Kyuhyun had no idea what to say. Battling himself not to smack the guy’s head, Kyuhyun only smilled.

“I have not seen you for so long, had something to do in Japan. Please, please can I come in?? I promise not to do anything to upset dear Kyunnie-chan!”

Kyuhyun almost forgot how odd Key could be. However, Key had always been completely nice to him, even when he was a prisoner, keeping him company and entertaining him with his goofy personality once in a while. A smile appeared on Kyuhyun’s face. “Come in, Key.”

Key was hovering him worriedly as Kyuhyun tried his hard to maneuver himself onto a sofa. It was almost sweet, Key seemed so anxious about how the baby might be accidentally hurt.

“I am only pregnant, not about to die, Key-chan.” Kyuhyun commented dryly as he gestured for Key to sit down at last. Key did so reluctantly and as near to him as possible.

They talked about how Japan was, and Key was so delighted to explain to him every single thing about this ‘harajuku style’ or something which Kyuhyun only nodded and smiled cheerfully in return.

“Kyunnie-chan.. it looks like there is a balloon stuffed under your shirt..” Key mumbled, then he seemed to realize that it might be offending in his words and readied to apologize when Kyuhyun only waved it.

“You are right.. If only my baby is as light as balloon though.” Kyuhyun grimaced and sighed.

“Kyunnie-chan..” Key trailed off hesitantly, catching the attention of the soon to be a mother. “Can I.. touch your belly?”

It was completely unexpected request, and for a moment Kyuhyun could only stare at the skinny guy. Well it could not be helped, Key was always a curious person and him being a male and heavily pregnant of course making the younger felt so curious beyond belief. Then Key quickly raised his hands in innocent surrender, “I am not a ert, I swear.” He said frantically. “It’s just that I have never touched a baby before….”

Kyuhyun assessed the guy for a brief moment before giving him a bright smile. “Alright.”

Key looked like he could not believe his own ears.

 

“Kyunnie-chan.. Are you sure??”

Kyuhyun eyed the nervous fashionista calmly, “Of course I will allow you to feel my baby. You won’t harm my baby, right?” Kyuhyun touched Key’s hand and squeezed it affectionately. He was what so close he could call a friend here though.

In a show of nervousness, the fashionista stood up and proceed to kneel down infront of Kyuhyun, staring in awe at his rounded belly. He reached his hesitant right hand towards his belly and hovered there.

“Wow..”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes discreetly and placed the palm of his hand on Key’s, guiding it to feel the hard curve on his tummy.

Key awed in whisper made Kyuhyun glow in maternal pride.

And Kyuhyun did not realize that he just made the biggest mistake in his life, lowering his guard.

Abruptly, Key stilled for a brief second, Kyuhyun did not even realize that Key’s left hand was grabbing something in his pocket. Kyuhyun could fee; the sudden shift in air around them as if something changed. Kyuhyun’s well-honed instincts started to bug him off but he ignored it.

After all, this was the cheerful, childlike Key-chan!

He would not harm him. Right? Right?

“You are far too trusting, Kyunnie-chan.”

His voice changed.

The high tenor, carefree tone of the fashionista kneeled down before him altered into something deeper… dangerous.

Almond eyes widened, but before Kyuhyun could do a thing, he was caged. Kyuhyun stiffened and gasped aloud, but he could not even feel move an inch. Key was standing towering him, holding Kyuhyun’s both hands over his head and his sharp knee was plastered on his rounded belly.

 

His free hand, now holding a revolver.

 

It was as if a jolt of ice touched his belly. Kyuhyun gasped in horror. If anything happened to the baby….

 

Tears brimmed in his eyes.

 

‘Siwon…’

……

 

Kyuhyun shut his eyes.

A gunshot was heard.

 

“Siwon..” He whispered, as if praying. Apologizing for failing him, for failing his baby.

“Kim Kibum, code name : Key..” A very cold menacing voice that could only belong to one person addressing the guy who withered in pain.

HE was back.

And the gun shot he heard was fired from a pale man with serious and calm looking next to him, the new bodyguard, Lee Jonghyun, if Kyuhyun was not mistaken.

Kyuhyun suddenly immensely glad to see Siwon. He refused to see bleeding Key whom right now was bleeding heavily and being held by Siwon’s men. An odd rush of relief almost paralyzing Kyuhyun. He did not understand what the hell just happened.

“Put him in interrogation room. I will deal with him myself.”

 

 In split second, Siwon stood over his lover, did not even spare glance at the one who assaulted Kyuhyun as he was being dragged to who knows where. And somehow, Kyuhyun did hope that Key was dead, it was much better than enduring Siwon’s cruel torture.

 

Siwon said nothing but his grip on Kyuhyun’s arm was hurting. His eyes … Kyuhyun could not even bring himself to look at Siwon.

“I am fine.. The baby is fine.. the baby is fine..” Kyuhyun whispered, worried and relieved at the same time.

And Kyuhyun was still shaking badly from his scare though. Kyuhyun had never thought he would ever experience such fear and panic again. Just thinking of how his baby could have been hurt because of his carelessness….

He tried to get to his feet but his legs were trembling like crazy that Kyuhyun did not think he could stand without help.

Onyx eyes narrowed.

“Kyuhyun.” Siwon’s voice was so cold and hard. And Kyuhyun knew better. Siwon was damn furious. Kyuhyun tried best not to flinch at his tone.

It was all he could do not to lower his eyes from Siwon’s dispassionate hawk-like gaze.

“Yes..” He murmured

“Remain here.” Siwon’s command was brusque. “Donghae will come for you soon.”

The pale man nodded once and looked away. Kyuhyun laid his hand on his pregnant stomach, just too glad that they both were safe although he could not be able to do anything with Siwon’s frigid displeasure.

“Kyuhyun.” Siwon said and Kyuhyun fidgeted.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter