Ascertain

Asphyxia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sequel of ASPHYXIA, just for all of you guys :^)

 

 

Two months after

 

 

 

He stared at the beautiful scenery infront of his own eyes. The scenery was as breathtaking as it had so years ago, still untainted by the hands of what they proclaimed as the touch of modernity, Kyuhyun snorted at his own thought. Kyuhyun had stepped his foot here when he was only twelve years old, it was when he and his family just went back from vacation, when he and his beloved brother, Yunho found out this place accidentally.

It was here when they had their almost death experienced, it was here when he finally understood the value of being live and cherished his ability to breathe. It was here when he eventually understood that his ‘love’ towards his brother was a filial one. They had been really close which misled him that he had thought he had loved his own brother.

It was also here, where he agreed to be courted by Changmin, one of his comrades, though the more Kyuhyun thought about it, the more he understood that they were actually confusing love with friendship.

 

Now, he was all alone, Yunho was no longer his family, Changmin was no longer his bestfriend slashed boyfriend, Kyuhyun was casted out of their life for good. Right now, Kyuhyun was no one to them, a mere civilian; he was no longer the part of the agents as well. He was only a mere civilian with a painful and bleeding heart. A civilian who just moved to the suburban area, a place left unnoticed by people he knew.  And yes, he didn’t want to cross path with any of them, he couldn’t bear it.

 

But… Why it hurt so damn much?

He was all alone now, He had chosen his own path. Had chosen love over duty, and this had been the result. Siwon had saved his life in the end, and so Kyuhyun was now, alive and breathing, but dead inside. Kyuhyun wasn’t stupid enough to think that Siwon’s interference had meant anything. On the contrary, Kyuhyun believed that Siwon saved him just for one certain reason.

 

Siwon’s debt was paid. Siwonmust think that the fact Kyuhyun traded his life for Siwon was something he needed to make Siwon prompted to save Kyuhyun’s as well. And Siwon was gone, leaving him behind to pick up shattered pieces of his broken life and heart.

 

Therefore, a part of him didn’t want to carry on…

Everything Kyuhyun had worked so hard for was gone. He had never be alone before , he had always been surrounded by those whom he loved and loved him back, and the fact that he had no one to lean on was terrifying. There was no one to worry about, and no one who would worry about him. Kyuhyun felt his mouth did taste awful for that realization.

 

It was nobody’s fault but that of his own. Kyuhyun desperately wanted to be strong bout the decision he had made, wanted to show that he didn’t regret what he had done, but, sometimes,… sometimes he did. He missed his brother, he missed his friend. He missed his home. There were only memories to keep his company now and he was filled with so much regrets- but it was just too late.

 

Hence, even if the time was to be reversed, and Kyuhyun was faced with the choices that he had, then…

 

Kyuhyun knew for sure that he would have done the same thing. He chuckled; he knew he was blinded by love. But there was no other way. Meeting Siwon, falling in love with him was his fate he couldn’t escape and he had to pay it for the rest of his life. It would be so easy to end all things now, to end it all here. Sometimes, the dangerous thought of committing suicide seemed really tempting, though he always managed to shoo it away. Dying would be the coward’s way out, and Kyuhyun was anything but coward. He was also not ashamed of what he had done, no matter how much it hurt him; he was not ashamed of his love, no matter how twisted or how unreciprocated it was. No matter how wrong it was.

 

Kyuhyun drew a deep calming breath. The fresh air filled his lungs and somehow, it seemed getting rid a bit of his burden. It had been exactly two month after those incidents, when he turned back on his precious people and he was living on daily basis, trying to survive all of these.  And Kyuhyun already made his decision, they could forget about him, deny his existence, treat him as if he was nothing for all they wished, but he would not let his love for them die. They would always be his precious people, that would never change. And it was also included the infamous Choi Siwon.

 

Kyuhyun could not afford to be weak, he had to be strong. And he could only wish that one day, they would understand why he had made the choice he had, maybe.

 

It didn’t matter at the moment. What was mportant now as he had to live, to learn to be happy and to smile again. For despite his fragile state that he was still in his recovery state, there was someone who depended on him entirely, and he would never ever failed this certain someone, he knew he would love again  unconditionally, he would protect this little miracle.

 

It was indeed a miracle, for the fact that he is a male, but he had little one growing within him. It was like one in a zillion, and he would die for his maternal affection rubbing his still flat stomach though with swelling belly. Kyuhyun lifted his slim pale hand and rested it on his belly. He had known that Siwon would never love him back, but he had given him a piece of himself, and God loved him so much that even allowed and blessed him to carry this little wonder within him. Even though Siown was unaware of this, that was okay, Kyuhyun contented with that. There was hope after all.

 

 

The dark haired man entered the hospital in a quiet way. He was dressed in unbelievable expensive business suit and was followed by bunch of men dressed up like him. He looked so distant and the aristocrat look on him plus the cold gaze sent those nurses away from his way to the receptionist, no matter how attractive he was, those ladies could sense that that guy was nothing but intimidating. 

Maybe it was the subtle aura of power surrounding him, but most of all that was all he was.

He stopped at the nurse station.

“May I know the room number of Cho Kyuhyun?” Siwon’s question was said in the polite ways, but the tone was lined with cold steel.

The nurse gazed back at him; she was old enough to understand that she was talking to someone powerful. Yet, she wasn’t back off. “I’m sorry, but Kyuhyun-goon was discharged two weeks after he had been brought in.” She explained still with studying the slight changing expression on the man’s face.

“Discharged?” Siwon asked delicately, his eyes intently looked at the old nurse, measuring whether there was a lie in it, and those onyx eyes glared dangerously, even murderously.

“Yes.” The old woman answered, though with a wariness. She took one of patient’s file.

“I had been told by judging the initial wounds on Cho Kyuhyun that he would need at least two full months to heal completely and reliabilities as well.  Did I miss something here?” Siwon said coldly, not even bothered to hide his irksome.  His men tensed, that would be no good if their boss would leash his rage in public place.

 

The nurse found hard to breathe out of sudden. Sure enough that the man infront of her never raised his voice but the way he spoke added some chills on it and it was like he was emitting murderous intent.

“Well.. Cho Kyuhyun was recovering really fast, despite his loss of blood. But he healed very fast and he was an obedient patient. There was no longer reason to keep him here, especially until we confirmed that his pregnancy was healthy and unharmed by his injuries. It was really a miracle though. A male pregnant case only happened once in million, not mentioning that he was shot near his abdomen.”

 

This time, there was a reaction.

 

The man stilled completely.

 

The nurse’s mouth went dry with terror as onyx eyes narrowed dangerously.

“Pregnancy…?” Siwon’s voice was so deadly quiet that the poor nurse had to strain to hear what he was saying.

She nodded, “Yes, Kyuhyun was three months pregnant when he was brought in.”

 

Three months after Kyuhyun was shot.

 

Kyuhyun was glad, he thought he was blessed to live peacefully here, with him living by his own self and three months old pregnant to add with no husband whatsoever, people there never judged him, questioned him or even looked at him strangely. They accepted him and were so kind to him. They didn’t pity him, but showing their sympathy and empathy to him.

 

He was glad that he was accepted unconditionally. He needed it for his unborn child. He would do anything to make a good life for them both. Kyuhyun worked as the librarian assistant, his job was only to input data and it didn’t require a lot of physically effort and he could make life from it. The people he lived with were treating him really good.

 

“Kyuhyunnie!” a five year old boy ran toward him with a wide grin, waving his hand enthusiastically. Kyuhyun turned his head and returned the smile, and the smile went even wider when the small boy hugged his foot.

“Hyung… I miss you so much. I brought candies for you, mommy told me that you need to eat more now, and candies are delicious.” The boy talked really fast, not even stopped to take breathe.

 

Kyuhyun giggled, he reached the boy with his arms and lifted him up to his embrace, a little bit careful not to tire himself or to put pressure on his growing belly. “Thank you very much, Jino-ya..”

“Jino-ya..!! You shouldn’t run into Kyuhyunnie like that, be careful, you would harm the baby!” A woman who seemed like in his fifties stomped hurriedly.

Kyuhyun smiled tenderly at the young boy who looked a bit frightened and hid himself on his chest. “No harm done, ahjumma. I am totally fine, and Jino only wanted to give me candies, he must be worried over me, thank you again Jino-ya..” Kyuhyun kissed the boy’s cheek, making the boy giggled and blushed.

 

That ahjumma looked at the pale man, she knew above everything that Kyuhyun was a good man in spite of his unknown past, but it mattered not. Her eyes could see that he had been going through the hardest time in his life and she would help along with other people in this place. Although she was aware much that Kyuhyun was a strong person she ever met.

“How’s your condition dear?” The concern look she gave at him making Kyuhyun startled, he was still not used to the hospitality they had for him. “Pretty much fine, ahjumma...”

The ahjumma sighed deeply; she knew that Kyuhyun would say that he was alright whatever he felt. “It must be so hard for you to lose your husband when you need him the most now. Please dear, if you need anything, don’t hesitate to ask for it, okay? We would be glad to help you, just remember that you are not alone, Kyuhyunnie.”

 

Kyuhyun could only smile uneasily. Talking about his ‘deceased’ husband always made him uncomfortable , especially when he wasn’t married in the first place and the father of his unborn child was obviously alive somewhere. Lying to those sweet people made him very guilty, but there was no other way around. Kyuhyun needed a new life, a new beginning for himself and his baby. Here was the place to do it, now was his chance.

 

“Thank you for looking after me, ahjumma. You have no idea how much it means for me.” Kyuhyun whispered, preventing the tears that threatened to fall on his chubby cheek.

 

Donghae grunted a greeting to his boss, Siwon was already up and predictably he would ignore him all the day unless he needed to say something or giving him order. Donghae sighed mentally, his boss was becoming more emotionless if it could happen, he had been brooding even more than usual these couple of months and of course Donghae knew what was the reason behind that.

 

 Donghae grumbled inwardly to himself.

This was all Siwon’s damn fault. No matter how innocent and attractive their captive, Siwon should not have that kind of relationship with the pale boy. Donghae noted mentally, he did understand that Cho Kyuhyun was a rare thing, he was witty, smart and wouldn’t bore them, he had a gut to speak of his mind and he was hell of attraction, and of course Donghae appreciated Kyuhyun’s company a lot more than Siwon’s actually, at least the pale boy could have a humanly conversation with him.

 

 

Of course it made sense that Siwon would have been attracted to the pale boy. What made Donghae really curious was what on earth the pale boy had seen on the cold emotionless cruel Choi Siwon? Love was really blind after all. Kyuhyun had been ready to die for him, and he had been almost ruthless enough to let Kyuhyun. The fact that Siwon saved Kyuhyun’s life in the end spoke a lot about his intentions towards the beautiful pale boy. And it really was a good thing that he had decided to do so, if not, Siwon would definitely have lost not only the ‘mother’ of his unborn child but also the child itself.

 

Donghae approved completely at the decision made, despite the fact that they were living amongst the black world and surrounded by powerful men who were inhuman. At least, they could protect the pale boy and his unborn child far better than Kyuhyun p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter