Chapter 10

That Playboy is My Husband

I never thought it takes the whole family to pack for a honeymoon because I swear more than fifty percent of my luggage is mostly what the trio (my father, mother and bratty brother) threw inside my luggage. I had to explain to them about the different areas in my bedroom as I like it where it is, left untouched. But today is the day where I no longer recognized my holy temple as it has been stained by their unsanitized hands of my father and brother (with the exception of my mother of course, she still do my laundry). I literally had to scream when my brother tried to reach for that special drawer for my undergarments.

"Ahreum-ah, here," My mother pulled me away from the two clueless men, hovering over my dressing table, looking at the sets of cosmetics I owned, "I wanted to give you this in secrecy. I went out recently to your favourite shop and bought this for your wedding night," She shove two pairs of y lingerie into my arms. I was shocked and look at her in disbelief. Since when did she went to Victoria's Secret on her own? I thought she hated that store. 'It's too revealing,' She once said to me in a disgusted tone while we were inside VS. I had to keep my head down at the checkout to avoid the dissapproval stares from the workers. I fumbled with the lingeries in search of the price tag. It costs- HOLY MOTHER OF COW. each of these costs almost $60. Yes, it may seem normal but she's known for being stingy; spending too much money on necessities like these are just not her.

"Ahreum-ah, do you need these too?" My father shouted from my dressing table. Junho is nowhere to be seen, probably in the bathroom. I turned around to see him and to my horror, he's holding a box of sanitary pads on his hands. I guess he found my stash in drawers. He smiled so brightly that I couldn't bring myself to say no. I shook my head and took the box from his hands, tossing it onto my bed. From the start, he was so eager to pick some dresses for me. He even barged into my room, surpassing both my mother and Junho. It made my heart swell with joy just by looking at his reaction. He chose three dresses of different shades of earthly colours from my closet. Just like a psychic, he knows which one is my favourite. As far as I know, he loves neutral colours just like I do. All I can say is like father, like daughter.

"Bingo!" Junho shouted from across the room. I was wondering what on earth could make him so excited like so until I realized he found my drawer full of lingeries. I cursed under my breath and began to ran across the room like an olympic runner, jumping across my suitcase on the floor like a hurdle that I have to go through. I almost lost my footing but I managed to shut the drawers and turned my back against it. I was breathing heavily. Exhausted, I shouted at him for being inappropriate. I was expecting an apology but his grin just makes him ten times more annoying. That's the last straw. I politely asked both my father and mother to leave. But Junho insists to stay. My blood boils. I barked at him as I practically had to drag his foot outside my room. Can't a woman get a little private time to herself before her honeymoon?


 

BPOV

Location: Incheon International Airport

"Are you sure it'll be enough, Barom? You'll be going for a week you know," Mother asked me. Her question laced with genuine concern. I nodded and told her to not to worry so much. If I'm running out of anything to wear, I'll just do the laundry or just simply purchase more clothes. But when I said I, I mean Ahreum will do it. I never do my laundry. Even when I wanted to, my mother would insists on doing it herself. Father was reading today's newspaper on a bench with his back against the wall. He's a quiet man but very wise in words. He's a complete opposite of mother as she is quite a loud woman. But even so, they fit perfectly together like what people said, opposite's attracts.

"We're here!"

I bowed and greeted my in-laws politely. From my peripheral vision, I saw Ahreum barked some orders to her brother, Junho including taking really good care of their parents while she's gone. She's one aggressive woman but I admired her concern towards her parents especially her old man. Her father, Mr. Ahn had a severe vertigo for the past few months. According to father, Ahreum took care of him most of her time when he was admitted to the hospital after they found out he out in the bathroom. His condition improved a lot with Ahreum on his side. Her mother did her daily visits but unfortunately she couldn't stay overnight as she has other work (that includes feeding Junho) to do.

"Hey baby girl," I whispered, wrapping my arms around her waist. She stopped mid-way through whatever she was saying. Junho took this opportunity to escape from his sister's wrath and join the elderly.

"Stop it!" Ahreum shouted, "People are watching," She added. I can tell she was clearly embarassed by the brief PDA that just happened. Her face turned red like the colour of a ripe tomato.

"So what? We're married anyways," I walked towards her, facing directly at her. I examined her fair complexion. What I love about her is those hazelnut eyes. It's so worth to look at. Her eyes are the most beautiful feature that she has so far. Well, I haven't explore the rest of her yet. I chuckled. There goes my mind. She must've think I am crazy right now judging from the scrutinizing look etched on her face. I smiled and kissed her forehead.

I finally have you, Ahn Ahreum.

 


Hey guys!

applecandy- here back from the dead (yes I am a zombie now but jk)

and uh heresanotherchapterfromyourstruly

I apologized for my MIAs for the past year as I was having my A-Levels ><

but now I am taking a gap year (but still studying for my upcoming exam in oct/nov).

apart from that, I hope you enjoy this little chapter :3