Chapter 1

That Playboy is My Husband

(Take note that this is a continuation from the foreword ^^)

I placed both of my hands on my hips, still in the state of disbelief after I knew who they were talking about. "OK. Honestly, I think this is a bit too fast. I mean, I just turned twenty a few days ago. I was planning to get married at the age of twenty-five, the appropriate age, based on my opinion. God, I can already imagine I would be alone in his apartment or his so-called mansion accompanied by the screams and cries of my twin babies."

My mother rolled her eyes, "You and your never-ending imagination," She poured milk into her coffee, "Marriage isn't what you think it is. Marriage is about deep commitment and endless dedication towards each other and I could see those traits in him."

Commitment? I doubt that is the last thing he would have. Besides, what father said earlier about him being all shy was utterly and ultimately wrong. Back in Australia, he was known as the casanova ever since he was in middle school. Every single morning, I made two mental note to myself. One, I always remind myself to bring an ear muff to school and put it on as soon as I reached the main entrance because I knew there were always the high-pitched squeals indicating that the 'prince' had arrived, and two, I always make sure to run as fast as I could to my classroom as I knew Barom Yu (even speaking of his name made me uncomfortable) were being escorted by his swarm of noona fangirls and crazy admirers which left me, an alien to him.

Those were really my glorious days until that night where my world of being forever alone without him shattered into pieces.

Flashback

"They are going to be here in an hour, so get ready."

Yeah I know. Sheesh she has been very cranky for the past few hours. Everything must reach her standards which equals to perfection. I was so tired of hearing her continuous nagging that my ear almost bled. I thought she'll stop after I cleaned  the living room that it looked so perfectly clean without any evidence of dust. It turns out that she even picked my dress according to her taste. It was a baby pink dress with too many layers and laces. Ew. After I got off the shower, I decided to pick according my Ahreum-taste. After I examined what I had in my wardrobe, I decided on a black dress that I bought secretly with my monthly allowance. It was a knee-length dress, perfect for a dinner party.

Ding dong.

I heard the door bell rang. I made a few touch to my appearance and looked at the mirror. Perfect, to blow my dear mother's mind up. I put on my black heels to match my so-called mini dress.

"Ahreum! They are here." My older brother, Junho called from downstairs.

"Coming!"

When I reached the last flight of the stairs, I saw all pair of eyes were looking at me. I smiled, clearly satisfied about them being taken aback by my choice of dress. I examined the whole room. They were the family who lives next door since I recognized the ahjumma who sat next to my mother. I continued to examine the living room. Out of all people, only one who caught my attention. He sat beside Junho and smirked at me, probably imagining something dirty as he saw my curves.

"Um dinner's ready?" I asked, trying as best as I could to pull out my absent-minded face.

After what I thought realization had hit her, she motioned the family to the dining table which was full of mouth-watering dishes. As we all got settled into our respective seats, I found something weird about our seating arrangements. As any usual dinner parties, my mother sat beside the wife while my father sat beside the husband. I thought my mother told Junho to sit next to the Barom Yu while I sat next to his other side but it turns out, I sat beside the jerk while Junho sat at my other side.

It was freaking uncomfortable. I thought I could feel his hand s up my thigh. Ew what a erted guy he was. At the end of the occasion, he blew me a kiss and a wink. I rolled my eyes and went inside.

End of Flashback


 

I trudged myself up the stairs and into my room. It felt like an eternity when I had to listen to their wisdom advices about marriages and its life afterwards. I was disgusted by the time they touched the topic about . I am twenty and I don’t feel like having a baby at this early age. I do wanted kids but maybe in the future. I slammed the door shut and jumped onto my bed. I covered my face with one of my fluffy pillow and shouted on top of my lungs. There was a moment of silence until my phone started to ring out of the sudden.

I reached for the phone on top of the small table next to my bed and looked at the dialer ID. Unknown number it says. Funny, I thought. This is an unusual thing as I always saved every number after the first call or text message. So basically, almost every person I knew had their number saved in my contact list.

“Hello?” I picked the call up. There was a hesitation for a moment then a familiar voice but a bit husky.

“Reumie!”

What in the world? Reumie? Nobody had called me by that nickname for a decade. Even so, there was only one person who called me like that and that person is nevertheless than Barom Yu.

“Shut up Rome. I hate you,”

“I know. I missed you too,”

“What do you want?”

“I was just calling you to say hello. Is it wrong? Besides, you’re going to be my wife in a few months,”

“Never in a million years,” I rolled my eyes and ended the call. I almost threw my phone out through the window but fortunately, some rational part of me reminded me that the smart phone that I just bought a few weeks ago with my allowance. Barom tried to call again for a few times but probably gave up after the third time. Instead, he sent me a text.

From : Unknown Number

Sweetie I’m going to head to your house with my parents later this evening. Wear something pretty. A y cat costume would do ;)

Ew. He is still the ert-minded man from the last time I saw him and oh goody, this is going to be a long tea party.

 

Hello people :)

This is applecandy- speaking.

I'm sorry for a long update because I had a writer's block.

I had a few fanfic on-going right now at fanfiction.net heheh

So leave a comment about what do you think on this first chapter!

Until then, bye-bye B)