Unexpected

Don't Spray Your Perfume

"Say it again~!" Changjo begged with a sly, proud smile on his lips. He tugged So Young's sleeve imploringly, as a child would meekly ask for a tasty treat.

So Young rolled his eyes, but her smile gave away her amused expression. "Geez, if I knew that compliment would make you go this crazy, I would have just kept it to myself."

"Just this one last time, I promise." Changjo insisted. So Young sighed overdramatically, since she could no longer put up with the rare aegyo he was showing, manly maknae as he was. She looked him directly into the eyes in a sincere stare before dropping the same words again, "You fit my type." Then she broke eye contact and continued walking away nonchalantly, like nothing groundbreaking had just happened.

Changjo grinned from ear to ear before running mildly to catch up with her. "Ok, I'm content now. Just feel free to say that anytime when I'm around."

So Young playfully poked his head. "Look's like someone's ego is growing. I'm not commiting myself to anything yet. It's too soon for that."

"I know, I'll wait for you until you're completely ready." He agreed full-heartedly.

She swiftly him and fixed her scrutinizing gaze on his confused figure. "You don't have to wait for me, 'ya know. You could chase after any girl you wanted and she'll probably fall into your arms. Don't waste all your time on me, Changjo-ah."

"I'm not wasting my time if it's with you noona." He answered truthfully with innocent eyes. "You're not a waste of my time, noona. And besides," He looked away bashfully. "I don't want any other girl than you."

So Young stared unbelievingly at him for a moment before smiling gently. "I truly don't deserve you."

From the corner of his eye, Changjo saw her tipping on her tip toes to reach his full height for a sweet peck on his cheek. He grinned slylyand was waiting for her soft lips to land on his cheek until he felt the whip lash of the wind from the door slamming in his face and the sound of evil laughter filling his ears.

"So you'll be able to wait a little longer, riiiiiggghht Changjo-ah?" She teasingly stated from the other side of the door.

He pounded on the door with a betrayed face. "Noona is such a tease." He stated with an accusing tone. He sighed and mumbled a grumpy farewell before walking home into the chilly night air. After waiting a few seconds, So Young opened the door a small crack to see his retreating figure. She frowned and ran a hand through her hair.

"I don't know how long I'm gonna keep this up."


"Chunji, aren't you going to walk me home?" Min Jung asked questioningly, with a hint of dessperation as she saw her boyfriend stumble away. He looked at her with glazed over, disinterested eyes before shaking his head apologetically. "I'm sorry, noona. Not today. I need to clear my head up." He walked away without so much as a second glance in her direction.

Min Jung looked hopelessly at him. "...But you always walk me home." She whispered with a broken heart. She choked the sob that was rising in before trudging the rest of the way home. Carelessly, she didn't bother to pay any attention to her surroundings, even though the dimly lit street nearly screamed danger.

Damn. She never expected her plan to backfire at her so badly like this. Her cutie boyfriend was a broken shell. She was miserable that her boyfriend was miserable. Her boyfriend's ex-girlfriend was probably miserable too. Three miserable people. It didn't need to turn out like this. But the thought of breaking up with Chunji so he could frolic back to the younger girl was nearly impossible. It would be unbearable for her. Now that she had found a suitable guy who treated her like a queen and who she was honestly interested in settling down with, she couldn't stand of letting him go.

"Ay yo. You're looking y tonight~" A greasy voice cooed from the darkness as a guy decked out in expensive clothing stepped in front of Min Jung's view. "How about you and me head to the club for some fun, baby?"

"No thank you." She stated coldly as she walked past him. "Now if you'll excuse me..."

His dirty fingers touched her shoulder in a firm grip. "You don't mean that, honey."

"Screw someone else. I'm busy." She growled. It wasn't usual for some scum to hit up on her like this. She'd gotten used to it and finally purchased pepper spray in her purse...

That wasn't with her.

Panic sprang into her eyes when she realized she'd lost her purse. The man took the opportunity to drag her roughly to an unknown direction. "You'ld make some for time me, eh?" He chuckled and kissed her cheek, which sent her reeling from the stench of alcohol emanating from his mouth. His grip left a fresh bruise on her wrist. She struggled hard and kicked him but he just overpowered her with his bare strength and even muffled to keep her from scream. His fingers caressed her cheek in a failed attempt to calm her down.

Fear paralyzed her from the head down when her doomed situation finally dawned on her. At that moment, she didn't think about how bad of a boyfriend Chunji was when he abandoned her. She didn't think about how Chunji's other girl would probably savor her torture if she could see Min Jung's pain. Min Jung thought about how this was probably her deserved punishment, and she was willing to accept it.

But before she could fully accepted her doomed fate, a flying kick from a surprise third party successfully knocked the drunk out. He collapsed in a pathetic heap on the grown before shakily standing back up on his feet until he was knocked down again with another graceful kick. Min Jung slid down on the ground and took deep breaths between tears of hysteria.

The mystery figure walked slowly towards her direction and stopped right at her feet. "You ok?"

"T-T-Thank you!" Min Jung gushed.

The stranger stepped into the dim lighting of the street poles before recognition lit her face. They both stared at each other in amazement, as it was the last person.

"Oh, it's you."


"I insist!"

"I'd rather not. I should be heading home anyway."

"Really..it's the least I can do." Min Jung pushed the hesitant So Young into her apartment with satisfaction. She headed towards the kitchen, where she heated up the teapot for some green tea. So Young shifted uncomfortably at the strange surroundings while clutching the late night shopping bags in her hands.

"Sit down. Make yourself at home." Min Jung commanded. So Young stood where she was standing and refused to move.

Min Jung's bottom lip trembled before she spoke. "I know you're probably regretting saving me earlier. After all, I did steal your boyfriend away from you. But if you'd show some more generosity, then do accept my gift of gratitude."

So Young sat down awkwardly at the dinette chair in obedience. "Did he tell you that he was taken?" So Young blurted out, the curiosity getting the better of her.

The 'he' in question was understood and his name didn't need to be mentioned. Ming Jung finally answered. "The first time I...flirted with him, he spoke of you. Then afterwards, your name wasn't ever brought up again. I understood though."

So Young smiled bitterly. "I guess he'd never want a tomboy over a y woman such as yourself."

Min Jung reiterated. "Quite the contrary. I'm sure he'd like a girl to be able to protect herself with..."

"Taekwondo." So Young added.

"...to protect herself with taekwondo than be some pathetic damsel in distress."

"What kind of sick person would I be to let some woman get harmed if I knew I could help? Even if we aren't on good terms with each other." So Young stated. She sipped the tea that Min Jung offered her thoughtfully.

Silence settled over them again without a word from either two. So Young finally spoke up. "Well this was...awkward." Min Jung chuckled quietly in  agreement. "You're not so bad an evil, boyfriend-stealing witch with a b that I thought, after all. Still not on bestie terms though."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"But I really have to go. My midnight craving ice cream will melt if I stay any longer." So Young explained sheepishly. Min Jung accompanied So Young to the doorway until So Young halted. "Please take care of Chunji. I was childhood besties with him before we dated. I just want him to be happy."

"I'll do whatever I can." Min Jung hastily agreed. "And if you ever need a favor from me, don't hesitate to ask me. A small cup of green tea doesn't make up for what you did for me tonight."

"Sure. Good night."

"Night."


Chunji was up late in the dance practice room, running through his dance routines and to let out some pent up tension. He checked himself as he was dancing along with Infinite's "Be Mine'. After the song was over, he stared at himself in the mirror with disgust. His moves were sharp and precise, but he wasn't putting enough passion into the dance routine. After a five minute break, he continued dancing to his heart's content. The real reason he was doing late night practicing was to somehow beat Infinite's Hoya, so as to win So Young's eyes.

"I'm way better than Hoya." He murmured to himself as he did Hoya's dance breakdown.

The door the dance room opened as Chunji stumbled in. Changjo glanced at him before averting his attention back to the mirror again. "Wassup, hyung?"

"I needed to clear my head." Chunji muttered as he propped himself down on the floor to watch his dongseng dance. He sang along with the chorus a bit before staring intently at his dongseng.

"Why you staring at me like that? It's creeping me out." Changjo commented.

"Do you think So Young would take me back?" Chunji blurted out.

Changjo completely stopped his dance routine, a thing he rarely ever did since he was always so enraptured in the song to follow through utnil the end. He glanced at his hyung. "To be honest hyung, you don't stand a chance."

Chunji narrowed his eyes and stood up to threaten the younger boy with his presence. "Excuse me?"

"The minute you cheated So Young noona, you were out of the game." Changjo cockily stated.

"Oh, says who?"

"Your competition."


Boomshakalaka! I'M ALIVE!  Sorry for not updating so long~ school is getting hectic. And so is life. I failed so badly though. xD Teen Top makes their comeback faster than I can update my story. That's sad. I tried to make this chapter especially longer as a treat, but I couldn't reveal too much in this chapter or it'll give the next few chapters away too. So i'll try to update later this week, sincei it's spring break for me HALLELUJAH!

But then again...I've been dazzled by Exo lately...maybe I'll write a fic for them since I have ideas in my brain...Kris or Sehun maybe?