The Dirty Truth Comes Out

Don't Spray Your Perfume

Chunji straightened his sleek black jacket and ed the first few buttons on his dress shirt to gather the desired effect: a fresh, y image. Ruffling his hair a bit, he stared at the mirror in satisfaction at his perfect, messy hair. He took meticulous care of his image nowadays, since he wanted to look nothing less than the best to continually impress Min Jung noona. As he was about to put on some cologne on, his cell phone rang and he hastily picked it up in case it was noona herself. But when he found it was just his friends he calmed down and answered in relaxed, lax tone. 

"Hey."

"Wassup, man!" L.Joe loudly shouted so he could be heard over the rowdy noises of the boisterous other guys. He silenced them and when it was finally quiet on the other side, his tone became demanding and authoritive. "Anyway, you better cancel your plans, cuz tonight you're hanging with us."

"What? But I'm busy tonight~!" Chunji complained childishly. The thought of disappointing both his precious noona or his trustworthy friends didn't appeal to him. Though if he absolutely had to choose, his decision was leaning towards spending it with Min Jung rather than the guys.

"One night with us isn't going to kill you!" CAP argued over the phone.

"Maybe make you insanely drunk and have a killer migraine in the morning..." Ricky murmured softly.

"What are you so busy with anyway?" Changjo pointedly accused.

Chunji professionally lied through his teeth without one slight pang of guilt. "My parents have been having a hard time recently, so I decided to help them out." The first time he lied to So Young and his friends, he had felt remorseful for the longest time, until he found the cure: lie repeatedly until the honesty rubs away.

"I'm sure your parents could handle one night without you!" Niel persuasively reasoned. He, along with the other group members, were determined to ignite the lost spark between Chunji and So Young.

"Well..." Chunji paused in thought as he could already feeling himself crumbling under their will. If experience counted for anything, he knew that if his friends were strongly determined they would go to all costs to annoy him out of his mind until he caved in. He didn't want to displease Min Jung noona by abandoning her, yet he didn't want to refuse his friends' offer. If he played his cards right, he could take both on, right? Hang out with the guys until they get a little tipsy and ditch them for noona. Maybe it was because he'd played the risky game of balancing between Min Jung noona and So Young so long, that he was so cocky and arrogant to put it all on stake. "Fine. Meet you up at Teen Top at around eight?"


So Young was dressed for the occasion, clad in a flirtatious, pure white dress that immensely flattered her figure. When she stared into her vanity mirror, she couldn't even recognize her reflection. Usually, a pair of comfy jeans and loose, yet stylish shirt were her cup of tea. This dress was so generously donated from her fashionista of a sister's vast wardrobe.

It worried how distant her boyfriend was becoming; any fortunate time that he picked up from one of her calls, he would talk to her like an absolute stranger. Ever since she smelled the perfume, her suspicious and anxiety had been nagging at her all day. He had claimed that it was his mom's...but she found it strange for an ahjumma to be wearing a high class perfume meant for young women.

Speaking of perfume, she stared at the bottle she had received as a present from her boyfriend. Why the hell did he give her perfume? He had been her childhood friend for years, and the first thing he figured out about her was her unique tomboy personality. Everytime she inhaled the scent of sickeningly sweet perfume, her nose would scrunch up in disgust and she would become incredibly dizzy. It didn't make sense.

So Young shook her head to clear her head of such horrible thoughts. Her thoughtful boyfriend decideded to buy a present for her, she should be damn happy that he even thought of her at all. She was overanalyzing his present, a present was a present, always with thoughtfulness behind it. She frowned and tightly embraced the stuffed panda that Chunji had won for her at the amusement park. But back in the old days, he knew what she liked and always hit the target straight on. What was wrong this time?

She the delicate bottle, deciding whether or not to use it. He gave it her, so it would be only right to use it. She held her breath and calmly sprayed it, much to her distaste. If she passed out from the fumes before she could even see Chunji, she would blame it all on him.

Applying some foundation and then blush on, So Young started the beautification process. She smiled in amusement as she dabbed some lip gloss on; having her diva sister master her in the art of make up came in handy sometimes. She didn't put on makeup for just anyone, so Chunji better be damned blown away when he saw her.

Her cell phone rang off as she applied the last of the mascara. So Young~, your man is here. :D -CAP

Strangely, she felt butterflies flutter in her stomach at the idea of Chunji seeing her like this. Would he like? Would he not? She texted back quickly. Ok! I'll be there in a few minutes.

Before she crammed her feet into some borrowed high heels and grabbedd her purse, she cast one last glance at the perfume bottle. Overanalyzing. That's all.


"WOO!" Ricky already a bit tipsy, danced intimately with a girl he didn't know, but he couldn't care less. "Yo, where's So Young?"

"I just texted her. She said she'll be here in a few minutes. The y process takes a while." L.Joe replied as he downed his fifth, or was it his sixth, shot. He swayed slightly on the bar counter before regaining his balance.

"Hey, where'd Chunji go?" CAP asked, as he looked around in alarm at their lost target.

"Look! A noona~" Niel cooed in amazement as a gorgeous noona strutted their way. She cast a meaningless stare their way, but that was all they got as she continued striding forward flauntingly. As she past the trio, her eyes twinkled in affection as she pecked a surprised Chunji on the cheek, to which the trio almost fell off their seats.

"Noona~, you're early!" Chunji stated, though he tried to keep his surprise to a minimum so as not to alert his friends to anything suspicious. But judging by the shell shocked stares they were sending his way, they already were.

"I couldn't wait to see you again." Min Jung smiled as she joined him.

"Calm down. Maybe she's just like a cousin or a senior he used to know or something." L.Joe defended his friend.

"Yeah, that's it. Hyung would never hurt So Young like that." Niel cautiously reasoned.

They watched in alarm as the foxy noona leaned forward and kissed him firmly on the lips while her hands played with his hair. It was a long time before she finally let go and smirked.

"....Do cousins/seniors do that?" Niel angrily asked as the scene in front of him finally clicked in his mind.

"Oh no..." L.Joe moaned at the discovere truth of his friends dirty ways.

"We have to warn So Young!" Niel yelled at his hyung, who was sitting in awe at his friend he'd known for years turn out to be a cheater. At his dongseng's command, he scrambled for his cell phone in his jeans pocket and his thumbs rapidly flew across the keys.

So Young!!! Don't come down to the club!

In a few minutes he'd already gotten a reply, but not the one he wanted. I'm just coming down the stairs. You demand me to become extremely y and then you tell me not to come? :P

The trio huddled around CAP's phone as they read the message in fear. Just as they were about to run up the stairs to stop her, So Young had already made her elegant, classy descend down the stairs, eyes searching for Chunji excitedly.

Then her eyes landed on Chunji with his arm around another woman as he kissed her on the cheek.

Tears had were already b in her eyes and her knees felt wobbly, as if she had taken a blow to the chest. The hurt she felt in her heart was beyond words. Somehow, something in her mind was expecting this, but it wasn't enough to dull her pain.

She thundered over to him, which was surprising since her legs felt like they could betray her (like Chunji) at any time. Sadness was replaced with outrageous rage. She whipped him from around his bar stool so she could convey her last words to him personally and with extra venom. He only stared at her coolly smirked at her. The woman next to him pursed her lips in distaste. So Young recognized the perfume.

"So this is where the perfume came from?" So Young stated calmly and threw a disgusted look at the woman before turning her attention at Chunji. "You played me all along and here you are smirking like an ? Bravo. You embaressed and humiliated me. And here I was a few moments ago, guilty of suspecting that you were cheating with your damn perfume bottle. I trusted you..." She trailed off, staring at him like a fragile, sad doll. But when he didn't say anything back the anger flared up again. "Because I knew you since we were kids and knew you were faithful and loyal as could be. Boy, was I damned wrong. All along you could have ended it with me because you met someone else, and I would have been fine with it. Love doesn't work out, I get it. But you played me along like a fool and here we are right now."

She paused and stared at him seriously. "How long were you planning on doing this?"

He suavely answered back. "Until I got caught."

A thin line of a grim smile came across So Young's lips. "Game over for me. I don't want anything to do with you anymore. If I were any other angry , I would slap you right now." Chunji stiffened, partly because he was anticipating the slap and because some part of him knew he deserved it and it was the least thing he could do: hold still for her to release her anger. "But I won't because scum like you isn't even worth my own damn slap." Those last words burned more than a physical slap would. He felt something wet fall down his face, and looked up to see So Young spill some tears. He was astounded by how pretty he looked at that moment. Make up. A y dress. High heels. He did all that for her?

She stomped out of the club, and out of his life with Changjo, who had been watching the scene unfurl before him the whole time, trail after her.

Chunji was numb with unfeeling. Even a kiss and some seductive murmurs from Min Jung noona didn't arouse anything.