Noona, Please Don't Cry

Don't Spray Your Perfume

"Chunji..." So Young croaked hopelessly as she stormed out of Teen Top, tears trailing down her cheeks and smearing her make up that she applied so dilligently for him. The heartbroken girl tripped over her heels repeatedly (damn those cursed things), earning many stares from nosy strangers. But her public humiliation was far from her mind, the only thing she could focus on at the moment was the pain stabbing her heart and the dirty, good-for-nothing culprit.

She raced past the city lights until she reached the lonesome park, void of any wandering company. She plumped herself down on a park bench and hastily drew her knees to her chest. So Young hated her crying. She shouldn't be wasting her tears on such scum. But still water plummeted down from her eyes; she couldn't have cared less if the world had ended right then and there.

"Noona..." A deep voice gently called as a warm hand was lightly placed on her trembling shoulder.

"Go away, Changjo. I'm a mess, let me cry in peace." So Young mumbled between her tears, instantly guilty from saying such harsh words, but let it slide since it was officially the worst day of her life.

He didn't respond, but seated himself right next to her. Instantly, she felt slightly better, since misery likes company, but refused to admit it. "Changjo, go. You don't have to stay with a train wreck like me. Go back to the club with Chu-" She choked on Chunji's name and exploded into tears all over again.

Changjo was shattered in pieces to see his beloved noona crying so miserably. His fist tightened when he thought of the person who caused those tears to fall down So Young's normally happy face. Releasing his anger momentarily, he suddenly pulled So Young closer to him, in a close and affectionate embrace. She stopped her crying to stare at him with curious eyes, and he begged softly. "Noona, please don't cry..." He gazed at her sadly, and wiped away a lost tear from with his thumb. "I hate to see you cry, noona. Your tears shouldn't be waste on hyung."

So Young, startled from her dongseng's actions, scoffed and turned away. "I thought since I've been childhood friends with Chunji for so long, he would at least have the decency to give me a heads up and tell me he's interested in someone else. But he played me along, like a toy, and I feel so..." She paused, seeking for the perfect word to express her emotions. "pathetically worthless."

Changjo snapped and sternly pulled her chin to face him. She sat in awe at the transformation of her favorite dongseng, from a boy to a man. He stared at her with a stubborn face and strongly proclaimed. "Noona isn't pathetically worthless. You're a treasure. Just because hyung was a fool not to see the immense value in you, don't degrade yourself just because hyung was blind."

"Chang-" She was immediately cut off when Changjo closed the narrow space between them and planted his lips softly on hers. The kiss was filled with his longing, though carried out in a gentle and blissful manner. So Young wanted it continue, though Changjo hesitantly withdrew and stared into her eyes searchingly for any kind of disapproving emotion.

"Noona...you don't know how long I've wanted to do that." He admitted.

So Young almost laughed bitterly at how her day was going. With the complicated matters of finding out about the other woman in Chunji's life and now that Changjo had finally confessed to her, her mind felt like splitting in two.

"Changjo," She started, as he stared hopingly at her. "I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I can trust guys again because of..." Chunji. The name hung tensely in the air, though it wasn't spoken. She saw his crestfallen face and then added quickly. "It's not that I can't trust you. We've known each other for so long, I know that you're trustworthy. It's just that, maybe I should just lay off guys for awhile. I'm not really ready, maybe it was my fault that the whole Chunji scenario happened..." She trailed off, afraid that he would take her words the wrong way and she would lose another guy in her life.

"I'll prove myself." Changjo said, his face alraedy fixed in deep determination. "You don't know how long I have had a crush on you noona. Long before Chunji was your boyfriend, when you helped me get over my parents' divorce."

"Eighth grade?!" So Young asked, alarmed that her dongseng could have liked her from afar that long without her noticing. How oblivious she was.

He nodded embaressedly as he touched the back of his neck. So Young's eyes softened as she nudged him and smiled despite the turmoil she went through. "Take me home, please?"

He nodded and clasped his larger hand around her slim one. Maybe he did it just by pure instinct, but either way So Young was majorly comforted with the warm hand enclapsed in hers.


 When Changjo dropped her off at her front door, she kissed him sweetly on the cheek (out of gratitude, for she wasn't sure of her mixed feelings yet) and slumped onto her bed in a depressed heap.

She stared at the ceiling emotionlessly. She had cried herself out, no more tears were willing to fall down.

Her eyes wandered to the perfume bottle, as if it were proudly smirking at her over a victory it won. She wanted nothing more than to throw it out her wind; and she could care less at this point if it hit someone (preferably Chunji, or that noona he was with, or if she was lucky, both).

But something held her back. She pursed her lips as she picked it up gingerly, as if the slightest touch would burn her fingers. She hid it in one of her unused drawers, so that she wouldn't have to face its mocking stare every day. She didn't know what she was keeping it, but she felt she should. (Maybe to dump over Chunji's head later.)

For now, she collapsed onto her bed, not even bothering to change into her comfy pajamas, tired and weary of what else tomorrow would bring.


Min Jung cleaned her face, free from makeup and stared at the mirror with a pursed lips in dissatisfaction. She should have been rejoicing: she had Chunji all to herself and the other annoying girlfriend was out of the picture.

But after that girl left Chunji was left in a silent shell of guilt. Her eyes worriedly lingered on her cellphone. By now he would have responded to her numerous texts after they left the club and he dropped her off at her apartment. But he hadn't answered. Was he actually being affected by his ex-girlfriend?

Min Jung shook her head to clear herself of these thoughts and bit her lips.

Was she feeling guilty?