Is That....Perfume?!

Don't Spray Your Perfume

 

"Chunji~" Min Jung softly cooed over the phone. "You just left and I already miss you! When are we going to meet up at the club tonight?" Whenever she talked with her younger boyfriend, she often stole a glance at the mirror of her vanity to find a coy smile of satisfaction on her lips. Talking to him made her happier than she would talk to Woohyun, to the point when she wondered why she didn't switch her preference to younger boys earlier. He hung on her every word as he went to great lengths just to please her, and he easily treated her with the respect she deserved 

"I miss you too, noona~. How about at nine?" His sweet voice murmured over the phone.

"Arasso. Where are you right now?" She curiously asked.

"I'm with my friends right now."

There was a silence as Min Jung carefully deciphered those words to her own understanding. Her lips pressed firmly in a line, she questioned him. "Are you with that girl? Your childhood sweetheart? ...So Yong something?" She coudln't help but feel a small twinge of jealousy. She was lucky enough to catch such a catch on that fateful night at the club, and she didn't plan on losing Chunji to some mere girl.

"Yeah, but you know she's not as special to me as you are noona!" He promised with a convincing, soothing tone over the phone.

She calmed down a bit and calmly regained her temper. "I trust you~. Noona will get ready for tonight now."

"And remember: don't spray the perfume~." He cutely chided over the phone. Coincidentally, her hand rested on her precious perfume bottle.

Min Jung's mouth twitched in an amused smile. "Of course! Bye! Chu~!"

"See you later noona! Chu!" He responded charmingly that swooned her heart.

Setting her phone down, she turned to her vanity and picked up the expensive perfume bottle in her hands. Ignoring her boyfriend's warning, she sprayed a generous amount on her. Min Jung wasn't disobeying Chunji's request out of rude ignorance or clumsy forgetfulness, she was disobeying to wipe out the competition and keep Chunji all to herself. At first, she did obey what he said, though she found it an odd request. But she just brushed the matter aside with the excuse that he was sensitive to perfume or allergic or some absurd excuse. But when another woman came to the picture, jealousy drove Min Jung to spray perfume on herself. Her hopes would be that the perfume on Chunji's clothes would send a clear, threatening message to the other girl to back off. This boy was hers and the perfume verified it. Chunji didn't pay attention to her mesmerizing scent, as he was already mesmerized by her.

Professionally applying the makeup on herself, she strived to make herself so undeniable beautiful so Chunji could wake up to reality and dump the other useless girl. Min Jung was the only woman he needed in his life. The only one.


"Wassup guys!" Chunji greeted all his guys and his girlfriend as they all joked around and shared laughs at their hangout.

"Chunji! Where have you been? I think So Young noona was getting lonely without you!" Changjo accused, as his comment created great laughs, though he was the only one casting a worried glance towards So Young.

Chunji frowned. He didn't like his dongseng's eyes when he was looking at his girl. He joined his friends at the table and slung a casual arm over So Young, displaying his dominance over his girlfriend for all to see. She laced her slim fingers over his hand. He cast a challenging stare at Changjo, as if to dare his dongseng to do anything about this. He smirked triumphantly when Changjo looked down sadly elsewhere, and jumped in on the conversation.

"You know there's a dancing competition at the mall next week?!" Niel excitedly exclaimed. "The prize is concert tickets to Big Bang with back stage passes."

"Really?" Chunji sat in awe, with his eyes showing great interest.

"If the judges were noonas, we could just show some of our aegyo , flower boy skills and we're already at the Big Bang concert." Ricky thought aloud.

"And if they're some old ahjusshis then you're all doomed." So Young laughed as Ricky's happy disposition was brought down by her comment.

"So? We just have to be undeniable good." L.Joe shrugged like it was no big deal.

"And that means practice, practice, practice." CAP sternly said.

As the boys continued discussing plans on practice schedules and what kind of choreography they had to form, So Young caught some sort of scent that had been annoying her for some time already. It was so sickly sweet and enticing, she was greatly bothered when she couldn't find the source. She was a girl, but one of the tomboy variety so she couldn't stand some of the overpowering perfume at the girly boutiques. So it had to be from one of the guys. She frowned at the thought that one of these guys would be wearing perfume. She'd known these guys for a long time, and she was one hundred percent sure that not one of them would wear perfume.

Chunji randomly leaned closer to her and kissed the top of her head lovingly. There it was, the scent was stronger. Chunji?! She moved closer to him and sniffed his jacket. Perfume.

"Why do you smell like perfume?" She blurted out and masked the whole groups' conversation in umcomfortable silence as all the guys stared at Chunji for an answer, especially Changjo.

"It's just my mom's. I just hugged her before I left. You're not jealous of my mother are you?" Chunji laughed as the other guys nervously chuckled too. The conversation continued smoothly, more or less after So Young's interruption but there was a nagging thought at the back of her mind.

Chunji drew back his arm from around her shoulders and pulled out his cell phone to text someone. So Young suspiciously eyed this. All his close friends were here, and so was his girlfriend...who was he texting? She eyed some body glitter on his jacket. Since when did her boyfriend wear body glitter?

As of now, her innocent mind could only come up with two possible assumptions. Either her boyfriend was cheating on her with another woman. Or he secretly liked to dress up as a girl and not tell her about it. Her logical mind favored the first option but her heart would rather have the latter.

"Ah! I almost forgot. Here's a present for my adorable girlfriend!" Chunji reached for a something in his pocket and gave So Young a gift in a box. The symbol on it was from a classy boutique with the most expensive products that she could never afford. What could she possible want from there? She scrutinized her boyfriend cautiously. He knew she was a tomboy. He knew this since they were children and he pushed her off her swing. He smiled and goaded her to open it.

"Perfume?" She the fragile bottle and stared at him with questioning eyes.

"Don't you like it?" Chunji pouted as he pretended sadness.

She put on an act and grinned. "Of course I love it! Thank you, Chunji!" She pecked him on the lips and carefully put the bottle back in the box. As the boys continued chatting about some what they would do if they met Big Bang, she cradled her head on the table with her arms and thought. The perfume bottle Chunji had given her, she was pretty sure it was the same one Chunji smelled like. Her brain racked with worried thoughts about the explaination to his gift. So Young became tired after thinking so much and scolded herself. Maybe he was just being a selfless good boyfriend and giving her random gifts...that he knew she didn't really like.

"Aw, are you sleepy?" Chunji put her head on his comfortable shoulder. "You can sleep on oppa~!" She smiled and closed her eyes.

"So Young." He whispered in her ear softly so as the others couldn't hear.

"Hm?" She answered sleepily.

"Watch yourself around Changjo. I think he has some feelings for you." He warned. She frowned. She was warning her of a dongseng liking her when there was a potential possibility he was cheating on her? She mumbled an inaudible "yes" and cuddled closer to him. She fell asleep cuddling with her boyfriend while the smell of another woman's perfume invaded her senses.


"Noona wake up!" Niel nudged So Young awake as she slept on the couch in the dance studio, alone. Her eyes fluttered open and she studied her surroundings. "Huhh?"

"Chunji had to go somewhere so he carried you to the couch so you could sleep." Ricky explained.

So Young frowned as they didn't say exactly where Chunji was going. It left her restless to not know where he was going...or who he was with.

"Anyway, you're going to the club with us tonight!" Cap announced to her.

So Young wore a confused expression. "I am?"

"Yeah. We haven't been to Teen Top for some time already." Changjo grinned.

So Young sulked a bit. In fact, Chunji hadn't brought her out in a date for a while. She would stay up nights waiting for him to invite her to the ice cream shop, or some cafe, some club, anything as long as she was with him. "Sure."

The group chorused in happiness at her decision. Niel nudged her. "Aren't you going to get changed?"

"I have jeans and a shirt on." She stubbornly reasoned. She hated it when she had to get dressed up. The process of going through the dress, shoes, jewelry and makeup were all too much boredom for her.

CAP rolled his eyes. "Please. Tonight you have to look extremely y."

So Young raised an eyebrow. "And whyyyy?"

"Chunji hasn't been spending as much time with you lately and we plan on dragging him to the club and make him see what he's missing out on." L.Joe stated.

She smiled genuinely, happy that someone else figured out her feelings and taking action to solve her dilema. "Aw, thanks you guys!" She opened her arms wide. "Group hug!"

As she embraced her friends, she glanced at the box sitting alone on the table where she last left it. She couldn't really stand perfume. But she was going to wear it anyway because her sweet, thoughtful, loyal boyfriend gave it to her.


I LOVE "NO MORE PERFUME ON YOU". It was sooo addicting. And sorry for my fail, I saw the song on allkpop as "Don't Spray the Perfume" and then youtube has it "No More Perfume on You" and I'm all confused. @.@

I'm so inspired to do this dance (even though it has that awkard crotch ing that's weird for a girl like me to do) but I'll still try to do it for Teen Top. I have to say, this song deserves more recognition. In all their perfomances they're all in sync and their voices are awesome, but no award. T.T Pedonoonas, please vote to help these cute dongsengs. I'm not a pedonoona, cuz I'm not a noona to begin with (YAY, I'M ONE OF THE FEW YOUNG ANDROMEDAS! :P) But this song is about noonas not dongsengs, so T^T.

Sorry if this story starts slow. I'm trying to make it get to the good parts. Dx Forgive me.