Breakups Are So Typical Of Me

Don't Spray Your Perfume

Breakups Are So Typical Of Me - Kim Jang Hoon ft. Heechul

Why is it when you're in a relationship with that special someone: the world is a beautiful garden of roses where nothing could go wrong, your special someone is the most perfect being you have ever met, and together, your love will span for eternity?

Then why is it that after you've parted ways with that special someone: the world is a cruel place full of pain and misery, you never want to see that despicable special someone ever again, and you scold yourself for ever thinking foolishly that your love would be forever?

Yeah, love .

So Young stared at the ceiling blankly through red, puffy eyes. When she had finally drifted to sleep last night after constantly thinking about Chunji, it wasn't surprising that Chunji was the one to appear in her nightmare. In her nightmare, she kept replaying the scene when she had found out about Chunji's cheating ways over and over again. Whenever she met eyes with the two people who were on her black list, she wanted to scream and shout in fury and pain, but remained closed, and tears were pathetically streaming down her cheeks. The arrogant smirk Chunji gave her made her want to demolish a wall. The twinkling eyes of the foxy noona who soaked up her pain like a sponge was too much to bear, especially the part where her hand hovered too close to Chunji for comfort.

It wasn't enough that Chunji haunted her thoughts during the day, he just had to follow her into her dreams too?

A knock resonated from her front door. So Young heaved herself up from her comfortable bed, her feet touching the cold floor. Shuffling slowly towards the door, her movements were sluggish and robotic. She was just an empty shell of what had been.

Without even bothering to check who was at the door, she flung it open to reveal a grinning Changjo. But his grin immediately dissipated into a worried frown. "Noona..." His fist tenched tightly against his sight at the damage his hyung had caused on his precious noona.

Her once passionate and warm chestnut brown eyes were emotionless orrbs that regarded him with indifference. This wasn't the noona he adored.

"Changjo-ah, what are you doing here?" Her usually melodic, upbeat voice was hoarse and forced out. A weak smile curled at her lips, but he could tell she was putting on a show. A bad one, on top of that.

"I came to check up on you." Changjo answered. Seeing her at this weak state, he decided to step up to push her on the road to recovery. "Let me make you breakfast."

"No, no, it's fine." But she was cut off when Changjo eased himself into her apartment and closed the door shut behind him. Ignoring her refusals at his offer, he dismissively went into her kitchen and started ransacking her refridgerator for food.

"It's ok! I'll heal, I'm fine really!" So Young made up excuses while Changjo started cracking some eggs.

"I'm not a child, noona. I can see through your lies." Changjo sadly smiled.

It was awkwardly silent for a few minutes, nothing heard in the kitchen except Changjo carefully preparing his meal for So Young.

It was broken when So Young muttered a thought absentmindedly that had been floating in her head for a while now. "Breakups are so typical of me..."

"Excuse me?!" Changjo, startled, nearly burned the omlette he was making in surprise.

"I should have seen that he was cheating on me sooner...would have saved me a lot of trouble." So Young murmured. "There were so many signs shouting to me that he was seeing another person. That smell of perfume on his jacket. The fact that he never hung out with me anymore. He was acting all sweet and secretive all of a sudden. Oh gosh, I'm such an idiot." So Young moaned as she ran her hand through her hair. "Who wouldn't take a y noona over a clueless tomboy?"

"I would." Changjo firmly answered with a smile on his lips as she presented a delicious looking omlette in front of her. She smiled genuinely in gratitude before gobbling in, some of her spirit returning back. "And hyung is a fool not to see how special you are."

"Flatter will get you no where, dongseng." So Young's lips twitched into a full on smile as her teasing nature starting coming back.

"There's the smile I missed." Changjo grinned.

Once she finished her scrumptious meal, she thanked her dongseng in great gratitude. "Thank you Changjo~! It was so good~"

"No problem, noona. You should get changed though." He said as he washed the dishes.

"Bwo? Wae?"

"We're going out for a day of fun. I figured that you went through so much pain yesterday, today is your day of fun. Just for you~" Changjo admitted.

So Young, touched by the caring actions of her dongseng beamed and ran to him for a tight, bone-crushing hug. Caught off guard, he hugged her back, treasuring the enjoyable moment. She pecked him on the cheek, and he tried to act nonchalant, though he felt his heart soaring. "You sure know how to treat a noona like a queen." So Young laughed.

"Anything for you noona." She ran off to get herself changed, ecastatic about having fun and forgetting all her problems about Chunji, a Chunji free day, leaving Changjo gazing after her.

"Anything."