Impact(s)

The Vow {Chenlay remake}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On a snowing night, two men coming out of a movie theater.

"Aish, so cold !" complained the smaller with a pout, rubbing is hands together.

The other chuckled and put an arm around his shoulders, pulling him against him.

"That's better ?" he asked with a warmhearted dimpled smile.

"Way better." the other whispered, leaning on his embrace.

They made their way to their car and get inside. The tallest, who climb on the driver seat, switched on the heater before turning to the other.

"My poor ChenChen has a red nose from the cold."

"If only it was just the nose..." the other whined, checking his reflection in the sun visor's mirror. "My all face is red. I look like a tomato."

"Anyway, you still look beautiful for me." the other said, cupping his face to kiss his nose, his cheeks and lastly his lips.

They smiled to each other before breaking their embrace to drive home. The smaller leaned his head against the window, a dreamy expression plastred on his face as his gaze drifted away.

"Earth to Chen. Please baby come back to me." the driver said playfully. "I'll eventually become jealous of your thoughts. You spend more time with those than me !"

"There's nothing to be jealous about, since I'm thinking about you." Chen answered softly, a smile stretching his lips.

"Oh, really ?" the other asked, stopping the car as they come to a stop sign. "Then what are you thinking right now ?"

"I think of how lucky I am to have such a husband, who treat me dinner because there was nothing in the fridge though it was my turn to do the groceries, which I didn't, and even took me to the cinema to watch the movie I harassed him with since its release. How can you be so perfect Zhang Yixing ?"

"I'm not perfect." Yixing respond. "You make me."

Chen smiled, the left corner of his mouth stretching as he did.

"Come to think of..." Chen undid his seatbelt. "I promised you a reward for doing my chores."

He lean toward Yixing, a michievous smirk lighting his face. Yixing frowned, slightly surprise, but didn't push Chen away when he felt his mouth claiming his own eagerly.

Lost in their own bubble, they didn't acknowledge a huge dump truck  behind their vehicle. With all the snow, the truck didn't see the stop sign, nor the car. Not until it was too late. The impact was sudden and strong. Yixing was propelled backwards, banging his head against the car door, while it send Chen crashing through the windshield in slow motion. As they are rushed to the hospital, the stretchers passing through the doors of the operating room, Yixing's eyelids fluttered, unconsciously struggling against the white light that blinded him.

I've always thought things that happend to us where linked all together by some wire we cling to, like Theseus to Ariadne's thread. That way, even if we'd get lost, we could always find our way back. 

Yixing enjoyed university, but most of all the Dance Battle they organized there. Every Friday after class, dancers, spectators or just curious ones gather there and had fun. It was a good way fir him to dance and meet people with the same passion. For nothing in the world Yixing would have miss one of the sessions. Soon enough, he noticed a guy at the gathering. He always came to watch the battle, keeping a certain distance to not melt with the crowd, but close enough for Yixing to spot him everytime. 

Once, Yixing came to the gathering but didn't see the guy at his usual watching spot. Yixing started to wonder why he didn't came, giving himself a headache thinking about the reasons that could prevent it from coming. He didn't understand why this upset him that much. The next week, at some senior party Yixing attend to with his friends, he met him for the first time.

"We're here !" the blonde guy waved at them.

"Hey Luhan !" Yixing greeted his friends. 

"Remember when I told you I make Korean friends ?" Luhan said. "I'll introduce you."

Yixing nodded and in a record time, found himself facing the guy that haunted  his thoughts these days. Strangely or thankfully, the guy seemed to be taken aback.

"This is Chen," Luhan said, "and here it's Xiumin."

They greeted each other, but soon Chen, who seemed not very well, excused himself and leaved. After talking to Luhan few minutes more to not seem suspicious, he followed him.

"Hey !" he called out, rushing down the stairs outside the building, reaching the street.

Chen turned around and Yixing jogged to him.

"Why are you leaving so quickly ?" he asked.

"I felt dizzy, with all this noise, and it was so crowded. I don't like it."

"Oh, that's why you never appoach the crowd at the Dance Battle." Yixing thought out loud.

"You saw  me !" the other gasped in surprise.

"Of course ! I wouldn't miss someone starring at me, even from afar."

Chen blushed bright red and Yixing chuckled.

"I've been wondering... why you didn't came at last session ?"

"I had to work on my exam."

What Chen didn't say is that he almost fail this subject because of him. Weeks before, when he made his way to the campus library to study, he saw a dance battle, and a guy caught his attention. He heard his name was Lay. He end up coming every friday to the spot the battle is settled every week to see Lay dancing. It became his routine, and his secret hide out. His friends asked him where did he go, but he didn't answer them. Last week, at his very last course, the professor wish them good luck for the exam. Chen spaced out so much time spacing out these days, thinking about Lay, that he didn't note nor notice the exam coming. So he go to the library and with the help of his friends he catch up everything and got a good grade.  And there no way in hell he would said it to his crush.

"Ah, ok. I thought that maybe you found something else to do of your spare-time."

"No ! I... I really like to see people dancing. I admire them, since I'm hopeless with my two left feet. And I... I think you're really talented." Chen muttered, blushing more and more.

"You're cute when you blush." Yixing said with his sweet dimpled smile, making Chen feel dizzy, from the heat this time.

"Since neither of us want to get back to the party, we should have a drink together. What do you think ?"

The Korean looked at everywhere but Yixing and nodded slightly. Yixing hold his hand and they started to walk together.

"Hum... may I ask something ?"

Yixing nodded, "Yeah, sure."

"When I asked people, they say your name is Lay."

"In fact, it's a stage name." he answered. "The name I use as a dancer. But I'm happy you asked people to know me."

Chen blushed furiously, realizing what he just let out.

"It's not... Whatever..." he mutered while Yixing laughed.

"If Lay is your dancer half, so who are you Yixing ?" he asked to defend his left pride.

"I'll show you." the chinese winked, making Chen blush more if possible.

They head to Lucky Strike Café where they laugh and talk and feed each other bites of pancakes. 

Chen is working as a waiter. He was currently bring the dishes at the bar, asking two coffees to the barista when his colleague bring him a bouquet of flowers.

"Someone leaved this for you." he said, smiling. "I'm so jealous, Chen has a secret admirer."

Chen frowned and took the bouquet, where a little card was placed between the blue roses.

Hoping that this modest present will lit up your day. I love you. 

From : Look up

Chen smiled gueninely and looked up to se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter