[005.] My Past

My Heroine, My First Love (Editing)

Lay's POV

"Another sleepless night." I thought as I looked directly at the ceiling, letting out a heavy sigh.

Turning to face the clock, I came face-to-face with the numbers 06:02am, spelled out in bright red LED lights; making it contrast against the dark background.

All I did was that I lay in bed, attempt to sleep, but ended up thinking about Celeste and only Celeste.

"Celeste, why do I keep thinking about you? Are you asleep? Or are you up already? Did you have a good sleep?" The same questions repeat in my head, as if it was on replay.

Letting out another heavy sigh, I shifted around on my bed; flopping onto my right side.

Frustrated, I shot up, ruffling my hair. "Should I call her now? Or is it too early?"

I turned back to the clock; it was barely 06:05am.

"Damn. Why does time past so slowly?" Another set of frustrated sigh left my lips.

"Pull yourself together, Zhang Yixing." I scolded myself. "Just stop thinking and go to sleep." This time, I forced myself to sleep; and luckily, it worked.

 

Your POV

Counting sheeps... tried
Warm milk... tried
Warm shower... tried
Force shut down... tried

I've tried all the methods to sleep, but none actually worked out.

"Why can't I sleep?" You sat up; grabbing your pillow, screaming a frustrated scream into it.

You turned to your clock; 7:13am.

It was your off day today, meaning you had the entire day to yourself. You then got up, feeling bored.

As you were walking to the bathroom, you paused; the side of your eyes, you notice a rather unfamiliar door.

Curious, you peered closer onto the features of the door; it had a rather flowery pattern engraved onto the wooden doors. Openly it, you came face to face with a huge mess. Seeing that, it finally hit you; when you first moved in, you used to shove all your useless things in here.

Pushing the things and all out of your way, you saw a couple of suit cases; two just so happened to catch your eyes. squatting down, you dragged the two suitcases in front of your. Inside kept some old stuff along with some things that you had while you resided in Thailand.

A familiar photo frame caught your eyes; however, due to the fact that it wasn't faced your direction, you couldn't really recognize it. Pushing past the junk which was blocking it, you managed to pull the photo out of the suitcase. Pulling it closer to your face, it was a picture of your mother and father. Throughout your entire stay here, you had been looking for this photo; but the whole time, it had been in this suitcase?

Tears started welling up in your eyes, you then brought the photo closer to your chest. "Mom, dad, are you guys doing well in heaven?" Tears rolled down your face uncontrollably.

your flashback

You were about 14 years old and was in 8th grade; was currently finishing your second year of secondary school.

You were happy that you were able to visit your ill father in Thailand.

On one occasion, while you were in school, your class had an exam; after giving out all the papers and whatnot, her phone then rang. She quickly took her phone out of the class with her to answer the phone call.​

After a few minutes, you were then called out by your teacher; she claimed it was an emergency. With that, you dashed out of the classroom.

"Hello?" You said, your tone rising a little, showing you were starting to get confused.

"Oh! Celeste!" You heard your mother's voice and to be frank, you didn't like it.

"Mom, what's wrong?" You sounded a lot more pushy this time.

"I have bad news," Your mother started off, this was what you were hoping not to happen. "It's about your father."

"What is it?" You asked hesitantly; as much as you wanted this to not be what you're thinking, you refused to jump to conclusions. Nonetheless, you still managed to stutter it out; choking back on your tears.

"He passed away." With that, the line was abruptly cut off.

"Mom? Mom!" You yelled into the phone, then attempted to redial only to be left disappointed.

"She wouldn't just disconnect like that, would she?" You thought, as you pathetically tried to redial again.

"Celeste Park, from class 2-5, please report to the office now. Repeat; Celeste Park, from class 2-5, please report to the office now." Hearing the announcement, you grabbed your things, and left for the office.

As you arrived at the office, you saw a familiar face; however, she wasn't your mother, in fact, she was one of your mother's co-workers.

She didn't look like she was in the best condition; blood running down the sides of her face, her hair all over her face, her arms all wounded. Nonetheless, she was there. Upon seeing you, she quickly pulled her into warm hug.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help her." She bawled as she held you tightly.

"What are you talking about?" Your voice shook, worry obviously laced with it.

"When your mother was talking to you on the phone, she was driving and didn't see the stop sign; as a result, the car flipped over. I was with her, but wasn't able to stop her from driving too quickly."

At that, your heart broke; you finally let it all out on her shoulder.

end of flashback

"Pull yourself together, Celeste." You scolded yourself, as your hands reached up to wipe away the tears.

Once you were done, you went on to look at more of the things you just newly discovered; things like an album of you and your father when you were still young, photos of when you were in Thailand, a black dress you wore to your parents' funeral and a necklace.

Seeing the necklace, you quickly brought it closer to your face. "Wait; isn't this the necklace from my dream?" You thought, as you looked at it. Opening it, you saw a picture of a younger you and a younger Luhan.

"Where are you? Are you in Korea? Have you fulfilled your dreams yet? I need a shoulder to lean on." You thought as you wore it over your head, brought the locket close to your heart.

Putting everything back to where they belong, you decided to meet the boys to get some pain off your chest. After a few minutes of discussion, you guys decided to meet up at the karaoke bar.

As you were arriving the karaoke bar, you felt a hand over your mouth, the other grabbing you from the side; as a result, you couldn't break free from the kidnapper. Once you reached the van, before you could even get used to the surroundings, a blind fold was quickly put over your eyes, preventing you from seeing anything.

                 


Author's note: Sorry for so short, i got sick and im writting this story out in the cold. I dont really have the time to jot everything down on a notebook, proofread it, or even finish.... i'll continue tomorrow okay? :)