[003.] Coffee Shop

My Heroine, My First Love (Editing)

Your POV

A few days has past and your wounds have more or less recovered; and, it also has been while since you met the boys.

But it couldn't be helped; you guys were all busy anyway, so it was impossible to spend time together.

During the time in which you would spend with them, you learnt that they were trainees at a popular company called SM Entertainment; so, pulling nighters were not a new thing to them, and the actual proper breaks only take place once every few weeks.

As for you; you were taking on a full time job at a coffee shop and also tackling your studies right now.

You were sleeping peacefully sleeping at your apartment when suddenly, your alarm clock went off.

You let out a heavy groan as you buried your face into your pillow, while your right up slammed around the night table to turn off the alarm clock.

As soon as you slam your palm against the top of the alarm clock, it stopped its annoying ringing; you then sat up, stretching your arms, legs and back. You flopped back down and let out a heavy sigh.

You were looking straight at the celling, deep in your own thoughts. "Why do I keep have the same dream over and over again?" You thought as you let out another sigh.

 

- flashback -

"Leste!" You heard a voice call out for you as you were packing your things; you were leaving for Thailand to take care of your father who has cancer.

As you turn around, a younger version of Luhan was running towards you.

"Celeste. He panted hard, as he pressed both his palms against his knees; trying hard to catch his breath.

You guys were still in 6th grade then, you guys were childhood friends; and back then you guys liked each other, of course, without the acknowledgement of each other — it started since 4th grade.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He started off; his eyes piercing into my soul like a sharp, blunt knife. Though his voice was soft, it was also deep; it intimidated you, a lot. "Why didn't you tell me you were going away?" He shouted as tears welled up in his eyes, glazing them.

Your heart sank at the scene in front of you; he was facing directly at you, eyes glazed from the tears welled up in his eyes.

"I should've told him, shouldn't I?" You thought as you looked down at your golden locket necklace; you had it since you were a kid, and it contained the photo of when you were still toddlers.

In the picture, you were smiling brightly as you had one arm hung around his neck; as for Luhan, he, too, was smiling brightly into the camera. At that point of moment, you jumped onto his back as he struggled to throw a peace sign. Blissful; that was probably the best word to describe you guys then.

"I'm sorry for not telling you." Your eyes were locked onto the locket, refusing to look else where. "I'm really sorry." You apologised once more; only this time, you were choking back on your tears.

He moved closer to you, pulling you into his embrace. "Nana." He cooed; Nana was a nickname that he gave you when you guys first met in kindergarten; the name 'Nana' has many meanings, but they mostly meant grace, and he thought it suited you pretty well.

You snuggled into his embrace as you, too, shed tears.

"You do remember out promise, right?" He whispered to you as he was gently your hair.

"Of course, I do; I would never forget it." The grip on his shirt got tighter as those words left your lips. You didn't want to let him go, you refused to.

- end of flashback -

 

Beep... beep... beep... The sound of your alarm clock went off again, causing you to snap out of your thoughts.

You got back up and slammed the top button of the alarm clock; this time you were fully up.

7:02am; it read on your clock, meaning you had probably another 2 more hours to prepare before going to work.

You went to the bathroom to do your usual morning routine. After you washed up, you went to the kitchen to prepare your breakfast.

As you were pouring syrup onto your pancakes, you fell back into deep thoughts, again.

"This was most likely the sixth consecutive time you were having that dream; just who exactly was the guy in the dream? Why did he look so familiar?" Before you could even go deeper into your unanswered questions, you felt a  thick, sticky substance all over your hand.

That snapped you out of your train of thoughts, and you were brought back to reality; you quickly tilted the bottle upwards so as to prevent the syrup from pouring out more.

"God, what a waste of syrup." You thought as you rushed over to the sink to wash the substance off your hand.


After the 2 hours were up, you walked over to you where your shoes were at and walked to work.

Since your work place wasn't far from your apartment, you walk there everyday.

As you walked into the coffee shop, you took in the thick and aromatic scent of fresh coffee as the door behind you closed.

For some reason, you had always loved the smell of fresh coffee beans; it was just a delightful smell to your nose.

The coffee shop was always busy, but you're not complaining; in fact, it was a good thing that it was busy — the busier it gets, the more the coffee shop earns.

You walked into the 'Employees only' zone and grabbed an apron, then you went sraight to work.

"Morning, Celeste; you're early as usual." Hani — your co-worker — greeted you as she gave you a bright smile; she has long brown wavy hair, light make up and a really pretty face.

You smiled a small smile at her as you slightly bowed your head; you then had a small chat with her.

After having that small little chat with Hani, you moved over to the cashier.

It has been three hours since you started and your break time was about to start; just two more people and you'll be done with your shift.

After you were done serving the first customer, you moved onto your second customer; since you weren't looking directly at the customer, you couldn't tell his face.

You could, however, make out that he was wearing a baggy white shirt.

"Good afternoon, sir; what would you like?" You said a little too soulessly, somewhat in a monotone way.

You were tired, not that you weren't on any other day, it's just that you just took your KBEST and it was extremely energy draining.

You were hoping to pass so you can get your bachelor's degree in teaching.

"I'll get..." He paused for a moment, eyeing the menu hung above. "An iced caramel latte; and can you add more ice and caramel. Thank you."

"Sure; that would be $4.70 in total." You said as you tapped his order into the machine.

"Oh, and can you do me a small favour?" He leaned forward towards the machine to check your calculation.

"Sure." Hesitant laced with your voice; you didn't quite understand him, but nonetheless, took his money.

"Please..." He started off. "Just smile more often, especially during work." He demanded in a playful way.

You paused for a moment. "Wait a minute, that voice sounds very familiar." You then finally caught a glimpse of the boy's face.

Your eyes then landed on a boy with deep dimples smiling playfully at you; Lay.

"That is if you tip me." You retorted.

His eyes then changed from playful to confused; he obviously did not expect that retort from you. You then handed back his change.

"When's your break?" He asked grabbing the change.

"You're my last customer." You then turn to clean up the counter.

"So, you want to hang out?" He asked in a hopeful way; showing his deep dimples.

"Sure, just let me tidy up then I'm done." Lay then walked off to sit by the side first as you passed Hani the next order.


*KBEST = Korea Basic Education Skill Test