Karaoke

A Christmas Miracle

Arriving at the Karaoke place, Tao wasn’t quite as excited as the others. As soon as they got their own room, Chanyeol and Jongin rushed up and started to flip through the song selections. Hanging back some, Tao watched as the guys seemed to overflow into the room, filling just about every corner of the room. Before long though, they condensed around the selection, bickering about what song to play first. Jongdae and Baekhyun were saying they wanted something to show off their ‘wonderful voices’ but Chanyeol was saying he wanted something to rap to. Chanyeol eventually got Kris to agree that something to rap to would be more fun than something you could really show off your voice with.

C’mon let me choose a song!” Suho said, wiggling his way to the center and almost falling down as Jongdae clung to him. In the end they decided on “The Boys” by SNSD, even though it was a girl’s song. Grinning as the song started, Tao simply stood back and watched as Suho, Baekhyun, Jongin and Luhan started singing the intro. The other guys then started to chime in and then sing individual parts as solos came up. Grinning, Tao sat in one of the couches, a bottle of soju in his hand as the guys generally just goofed off singing the song.

Every now and then Kris would look over to Tao and beckon him to join, however each time Tao simply shook his head and motioned for Kris to stay and have fun. Kris would then dance in his own goofy way, lipsyncing the song and still waving Tao up. Eventually, with some help from Baekhyun, Tao was brought to the center of the room and forced to sing, much to his own distaste. Tao was more of a rapper like Kris and Chanyeol, a little too shy to sing at times or really join in with the others like this.

As the song ended, the guys broke into groups. Some of the guys stepped aside and snacked and drank while others took the mic and sang various songs. As the night went on, the guys got more and more drunk, causing them to goof off even more. Sehun and Tao, being the youngest, were often times teased for how much they could or couldn’t drink, causing Sehun to simply get louder and more carried away with his drinking. Tao, however, just kept drinking regardless of what the others said or not.

You know, we should all do this tomorrow as well!” Yixing spoke up, his eyes half lidded as he smiled the largest smile, his dimples showing. “Yeah, as long as we’re not all sick from it.” Suho said before laughing and taking another shot of soju. “You’ll get sick from this?! Lightweight!” Xiumin, the oldest, said with a laugh. “Yah, not all of us are as experienced as you, babo!” Kris chimed in, before then stopping and looking around at the others. “I mean, I’m talking for others of course. I know I won’t get sick!” Kris said, causing some of the others to push him.

It’s okay Kris! You won’t get sick!” Tao said, pushing himself up from the ground and stumbling towards the karaoke machine. “Yahhh give it a rest! I have a headache.” Someone from the group yelled at Tao, causing the young male to wave his hands at the group and go to the selection and push a song he’d been dying to sing. Once the music started, Tao stood on unsteady legs and watched as the little music note bounced for a bit before the lyrics started up.

Starting the song shy and quiet, Tao refused to look at the others with his broken English. “Every night in my dreams I see you I feel you. That is how I know you go onnnn. Far across the distance and spaces between us you have come to show you go on. Near. Far. Wherever you are. I believe that the heart does go oonnnnnnnnn.” Yup, Celine Dion’s My Heart will go on. There was only one person in the room that might understand why Tao was singing it, even if he didn’t want to believe what Tao told him earlier. Continuing to sing, Tao slowly turned around to see Kris was staring at him with deep meaningful eyes. For a second, Tao stuttered before then catching himself and continuing to sing. About half way through the song though, Tao felt tears prick at his eyes. Quickly looking up towards the ceiling as the music started to get louder, Tao quickly turned his back towards the group who may or may not have been listening.

You’re here, there’s nothing I fear and I know that my heart will go on. We’ll stay, forever this way you are safe in my heart and my heart will go on and onnnnn.” The song then ended and tears were streaming down Tao’s face. He refused to look at the others though. He could hear Yixing’s voice above the others call out to him, however Tao quickly wiped his tears away and put the mic down. “You guys can use it now…” Tao said, quick to escape from the room despite his inability to even walk straight thanks to all the liquor in his system.

 

------

OMG you should totally listen to the song while Tao is singing. I got a little emotional while writing it >_> and if there are any lyrics wrong it's because I was typing while listening rather than stealing someone else's typed up lyrics from online xD; I hope you enjoy! Only a couple days left until Christmas and I need to pop out a couple chapters a day now in order to finish by the end of Christmas Day!

WISH ME LUCK!!

And keep commenting because the more you comment the more momentum I have to write chapters!!

Also, I'm curious, is it confusing when I use some nicknames but not other nicknames? I keep forgetting that Suho and Xiumin are actually nicknames, though I always make sure to use Yixing, Jongdae and Jongin. Comment below what you think and I'll use real names for Suho and Xiumin if it's irritating xD;