The Dream

A Christmas Miracle

Everything was pitched black. Tao couldn’t see anything, not even the hand in front of him. He wasn’t worried about his hand though. He was worried about getting somewhere a little more….solid. There were no walls nearby, and no matter how loud he called out he couldn’t tell how big or small the room was. Shouldn’t his voice bounce off of something? There was nothing.

All of a sudden there was a hand on his shoulder, causing Tao to jump and turn around to punch whatever it was that touched him. As he punched though, there was nothing there. Spinning around, Tao did a wide kick, trying to find whoever it was. Nothing. He couldn’t see or feel whoever touched him. Had he imagined it? No, it was a real hand on his shoulder.

Is that how you’re going to greet me?” An all too familiar voice spoke from behind him. Instantly paralyzed at hearing the voice, Tao could feel tears falling from his face. He couldn’t be hearing his voice. He was dead. Of course Tao didn’t realize this was a dream. Didn’t realize that soon after his friends had left, the dark haired male had cried himself to sleep. Perhaps that’s why he was dreaming about Kris.

Gege? Where are you?! I can’t see you…” Tao asked, finally gaining control of himself and turned around. “Why don’t you open your eyes then?” Kris asked with a scoff. What was he talking about?  His eyes WERE open. Right? “Gege?” Tao asked and then suddenly the darkness was lifted as he willed it away and could see blinding white all around him. “See?” Kris asked from behind Tao again. This time when Tao turned around though, he saw the taller blonde male wearing all white, just like the room.

You’re really here!” Tao said, instantly dropping his fists that were at the ready to punch anyone nearby. Hands then straightened out and Tao rushed forward to wrap his arms around Kris’s waist and buried his face into Kris’s chest. He could feel a light laugh reverberate through Kris’s body as his arms then wrapped around Tao as well. “I’ve missed you so much Gege.” Tao said, silent tears streaming down his face as he enjoyed the warmth that came from Kris.

I’ve always been by your side Tao.” Kris said, smoothing his fingers through Tao’s hair. Tao simply bit his lip and shook his head. “No, I’ve been alone. Kris…I’ve been so lonely without you. Why did you have to leave? Why did you leave me alone?” Larger tears started to stream down Tao’s face as he choked back sobs, trying not to be so obvious about crying. His voice said it all though. The way his voice broke….the way he was certain Kris’s shirt was getting wet. He could feel his tears seeping into the shirt and wetting his own face even more. Tao could only imagine how Kris must be feeling.

I’m sorry Tao. I wish I was still there with you.” Kris said, holding back his own tears. “Come back then!” Tao said, pulling away lightly. “Come back to me Kris. Or…or…I’ll come to you.” He’d been thinking about that for a while now. Life just….wasn’t the same without Kris. It wasn’t worth living without him. Kris’s face instantly straightened though and there was a strong frown on his lips. “Don’t you dare Huang ZiTao.” Kris said, obviously upset by those last words. “I can’t…live without you Gege. I tried. I just…can’t.” Tao said, not even bothering to wipe his tears away or hide them.

You’ll have to Tao. You’ll have to live on for the both of us. Be happy for the both of us Tao. I’ve been so sad watching you just live in the past and not move on.” Kris’s words caused Tao’s face to twist painfully. His friends were right. Kris wouldn’t want to see him unhappy like that. “I can’t move on Gege. I love you. I’ll always love you!” Tao refused to believe that Kris would want him to move on and find someone new. He couldn’t. It was impossible.

I don’t like seeing you sad like this Tao.” Kris said, still frowning at the younger male. “Then come back” Tao responded, a determined expression on his face. Kris stopped and thought about it for a second then looked up as if he was listening to someone up there. Tao looked up, however that blinding whiteness went on forever. Feeling dizzy at simply looking up at the forever whiteness, Tao looked back towards Kris who’s eyes then turned towards him.

Okay.” Kris finally said, face straight and obviously not joking. Tao’s eyes widened. “What?” Did he misunderstand Kris? Did he just say ‘okay’ to coming back? But….was that possible? “I’ll come back. But only for one day. Then you have to PROMISE me you’ll move on and live happy.” Kris moved closer to Tao at that, eyes narrowing slightly. “Promise?” he asked in English. Tao understood that words though and nodded responding with his own “Promise” in Mandarin. The whiteness then quickly disappeared as a loud sound broken into his subconscious, forcing Tao to wake up. 

 

------------

I planned to update earlier than this, but my weekend got busy x.x