The sound of shattering glass

One Shots

It wasn't like he never experienced a heartbreak, but this was surely different. Gikwang starred at the text on his phone, which read: Let's stop seeing each other. Pressing a fist to his mouth the usually smiling boy tried hardly to prevent himself from crying. Slowly the item in his hand dropped to the ground, shattering into thousand pieces as the red wine splashed everywhere, soaking the red haired's pants and shoes. Marginally Gikwang recognised the sound, thinking he might should use this for a song once. However he got distracted by the pain, which spread in his chest, causing him to remove the fist from his mouth just to press it against the hurting place, desperately trying to keep himself together as his heart smashed just like the glass. Altough his body reflected the sorrow, his mind was rather rational, thinking he should text back and ask his lover to meet up.

The next moment this thought was gone as s came running into the room, alarmed by the noise. Gikwang didn't even notice that their main rapper lead him out of the kitchen to the living room while the youngest grabbed a broom to clean up the mess. Numbly he sat down on the couch, whimpering as it finally dawned on him, causing yet another wave of ache to rush trough his mind and body. As he felt the strong arms of their leader wrap themselves around his shoulders he eventually broke into fits of sobs and worrying, heartbroken screams. 

Gikwang leaned his head back trying to voice the pain which imprinted itself in his heart, his memory, his body, yet he knew that no scream, no action ever could describe or reveal this pain. He doubled over as he cried like a child, releasing anything stuck inside whilst thinking about the sound of shattering glass. The noise as it hit the ground, sounding so clear and bright, yet so alarming and low-pitched. The crystal clear note as well as the clattering. All those tonal sounds, which ringed so much like the tone of a breaking heart. Yet in those tones was something missing, so Gikwang kept asking himself: What's the sound of a breaking heart?

 

 

____________________

A/N: 

Just a small one, since i really felt like writting this down... the sound of shattering glass has been stuck in my head since a while

i didn't want to write more so the convenience of this sentence wouldn't be taken away. with this one shot i want to encourage you guys to think about the sound of a breaking heart... hopefully i succeeded ><