Maybe.....

If I stay

Heechul and Kyuhyun looked so relieved when Tao brought Kris home that night after the later had insisted on walking him home.

Tao couldn't be sure but he thought that he saw tears in Kyuhyuns eyes as he pulled Tao in for a hug, his words took the panda by surprise.

" I'm so happy you found someone too. "

His words had shocked Kyuhyun, he wanted to ask the older man what he meant, but before he had the chance they had to pry Heechul off of Kris who demanded to know where the jeweler bought his makeup and why Heechul hadn't heard of the brand before "despite its amazing effects"

It took them both to pry him away though admittedly most of the effort was on Kyuhyun's behalf while Tao tried to wedge himself between Kris and his "umma"

 

~~~~~~

 

Tao didn't love Kris, he just couldn't not already they hardly knew each other and Tao felt guilt rise up again tightening his stomache painfully when he realized there was only a week left.... Just a week.

He wondered how it would affect Kris, after all he was as in tune with the giant's emotions as he was with his family.

Did he care about Tao enough that he would cry? Tao felt guilty but almost proud.

He wanted to be the one to color emotion back into Kris's life, him not anyone else.. Maybe that could be his gift for Kris ..

 

Sometimes he allowed himself to wonder what would happen if he stayed? 

Went to college with Luhan and Xiumin as they had planned, dated Kris that long...

Would he meet Suho and Luhan's mysterious other half?

Could he- would he be happy one day?

Maybe even forget what had caused him so much pain?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Tao- di" Kris teased " When am I going to meet your friend's ? I like Luhan he seems funny,"

Tao rolled his eyes and scoffed, Kris had just read one of Luhan's more hyperactive text messages while the couple had been sprawled out on Tao's bedroom floor after finishing homework.They often spent time like this, Kris would come pick him up from school after he finished University for the day and they would spend hours together , sometimes doing nothing but staring at each  other and whispering things that they wouldn't ddare repeat to anyone else. They had been dating for nearly six days now.

" Honestly " Tao laughed " If you did, I might lose you, everyone knows Luhan is the better looking one."

Kris looked hurt almost when he to his side before he gently brushed Tao's bangs out of the panda's face.

"Maybe .." Kris hesistated " But Luhan won't ever be you." 

 

And maybe it was too soon, but in that moment it felt right, even though Tao's windows weren't closed and his balcony doors were wide open and it was where the entire world could see what they had done.

But Kris showed Tao how beautiful he was, and how much he didn't want to let go, and Tao promised himself he wouldn't let himself forget a single moment.

Because when he woke, Kris was still there, holding him carefully and gently toying with his hair ..

It was like in the cliche sappy movies that Luhan had insisted they watched at least once a week since Tao had met Luhan ..

Tao felt happy, like for once he could be...

~~~

 

The eighth day passed without Tao realizing it and he didn't care ...

He stayed, 

only for now ..

He would tell himself , that it wasn't permenant but he couldn't lie even to himself..

That he was starting to wish it could be forever.