Monochrome

If I stay

If Tao was to look back at his life and pick a color to describe it , he would say gray.

Not really cold and yet not exactly warm either and that was exactly what his life was like.

Kris was like a splash of color on a blank canvas, enchanting and near impposible to ignore no matter how badly Tao tried.

Though I guess when someone is tugging you down mainstreet by your injured wrists you'd have had a hard time ignoring that person as well.

His phone had been ringing like crazy in his pocket for a good ten minutes and it was starting to set his teeth on edge but he was too afraid to talk to Xiumin or Luhan right now.

Abruptly Kris stopped causing Tao to bump into him, the blonde huffed and started digging in Tao's pocket.

Tao released a rather girly shriek and was going to demand why Kris was touching him like that, when the blonde paused seemingly have found whatever he had been looking for , Tao paled when the blonde pulled away with his cell phone and answered it.

" hello?"

It was casual and Kris' tone implied nothing was out of order.

A faint smirk tugged at the corners as he watche Tao pout and shift anxiously only half paying attention to whoever was on the other end of the line 

" Sorry for the trouble, it wasn't planned but I wanted to spend time with Tao, I am his boyfriend you see."

Tao's eyes widened and Kris had to  bite his lip to keep from laughing at how adorable the panda like boy looked.

" Yes don't worry i will look after my precious jagiya."

Kris hung up, and erupted in laughter at the shocked expression of his 'jagiya"

" Honestly" Kris scolded " I am not that cruel I am not going to tell them what you've been up too Tao didi they are worried about you enough as it is."

Tao scowleed childishly" I don't understand why you even care."

Kris froze for a minute,realizing that even he did not know the answer to that question so he shrugged " Nobody deserves to go through this kind of thing alone right? Besides I am not going to judge you because of the fact I don't know you, I obviously can't shove worries and things done your throat like a panicked friend and I think I would try if thats what you need... " He hesistated " but I think  that you just want someone to see you not your past, not your family, not whatever happens at your school. You just want to be seen and cherished for exactly what you are right? Well I won't say I love you because lying about something so serious would only hurt you more but.. I am here for you. If it counts for anything." Kris almost whispered the last part but Tao heard it none the less.

" Thank you. " Tao murmured shyly. " For caring when you didn't have too." he added when Kris gave him a confused look.

Kris shrugged lamely " That's not something that someone does because they have too, they just care because they want too."

For the first time in awhile Tao smiled so beautifully it was real and not the slightest bit forced.

'" Always smile like that" Kris murmured caressing Tao's cheek 

" Even if it means I must be with you every moment , please keep smiling like that. It's so beautiful."

 

 

Author's Note :  Sorry for short chapters and things but well I hope you like it :D thank you for subscribing!