Raindrops on my face...

Hatred & Love

"My choice? ...I wanna live with my mom..." I whispered into the silence.

I just lied there, on my bed, dazed. Have I really made my final choice? I was still a bit hesitant about it... And then I came up with a plan.

Yes...Yes! That's it! I'll have a phone call with Mom and see if I want to choose her or not. One phone call with her will decide everything:)

I wiped my fresh warm tears and tied up my wet hair into a messy bun. I was wearing training pants and a dirty white shirt but I couldn't care for my looks. I wanted to call my mom right away.

I ran down to Bibiana's office.

"Bibiana!" By the time I was down there, I was panting and my messy bun became even messier.

"Yes, what do you need?" Bibiana puzzeledly asked.

"What I need is a phone call with Mom." I barged into the room and picked up the phone to dial Mom's number. "What's the number?"

"Why do you need a phone call with her? Is there something wrong?" Bibiana was still confused.

"I need a phone call with her in order to make a choice of going with her or going with the rich family! What's the number?!" I impatiently asked.

"Why the rush?"

"Ugh, what's the number???" My patient meter was ZERO!!!

"Okay, okay!" Bibiana surrendered and looked into Mom's file. "It is 408-501-2788."

I quickly dialed the number. I calmed down when I heard the ring.

"Hello?" Tears filled my eyes. My mom....it's............really my mom....! It's been so long...Too long...

"M-mom?" I stuttered.

Silence.

"Mom, it's me, Yoona. Do you remember me?" I cautiously said into the phone.

"Y-yoona? Is this Yoona yang (what you call a younger girl formally)?" She said, obviously surprised.

"Mom...Mom, it's me!!!" I started crying. In that second, I just knew I had to pick her!

"Yoona.....ssi! (formally)"

"Mom! Stop being so formal with me!!!" I sobbed. "It's me, your daughter!!! I missed you so much, Mom! How have you been doing? Are you eating well?" I heard my mom cry too.

"Yoona...! I should be the one saying that to you...The mom should be saying that to her daughter...I'm so sorry that you always have to act like an adult in front of me! I'm so sorry, Yoona! I'm sorry!"

"No, mom, stop being sorry! I missed you so much and I...I love you!" I heard her gasp. Yes, mom I love you!!! Even though I never said that out loud, I do! Even though you treated me so badly, I KNEW you had A LOT of good in you! I love you mom!

"Oh, Yoona! I l...love you too!" Mom stammered, using an unfamiliar word. "But Yoona, you deserved so much better from me..You should shun me, Yoona, I'm so ashamed for treating you so badly. Please, Yoona, give me a second chance, I'll do better this time! Give me a second chance and I'll make everything up to you!!!"

"Mom..." I hesitated. "I still didn't choose yet. Another family has adopted me and I have to choose between you and them." Silence. "Of course, I'm leaned towards you more, it's just that it's...it's kind of...complicated..." My voice trailed off.

"I-it's okay. I understand. I really hope to see you again, though. Yes, I want to see you live in better surroundings but...but I can't give you up to anyone else...I can't bear to see you with another mom, another family. It would feel like...I lost you to another woman and I just can't let you go, dear. I love you so much and I really hope you come back to me. I want another chance to serve you and make you happy. Please, love." Before I can say anything back, she hung up and I bit my bottom lip, knowing I had to make the right choice.

YURI'S POV

So....Yoona has the choice of Jongwook (mom) and another family? Hmm... I smiled slyly.

I was right in front of Bibiana's office door, eavsdropping on Yoona's phone call with Jongwook.

I quickly hid behind the door when Yoona walked out of the office, sniffing and wiping her tears. I smiled sneakily and walked up to her casually.

"Hey, girl." I smiled at her. She jumped, shocked.

"Wh-what? What?" "I said 'hey'." I repeated. "Long time no talk, right?" I slowly began to start a conversation.

"Y-yeah..." She was taken aback and her face became red. I smiled harder.

"So...I overheard you back there." I started.

"You mean my conversation with...my mom? Why?" She replied slowly.

"Yeah, your mom. I just wanted to tell you some advice and opinion!" I looked at her face closely for any signs but she didn't look annoyed or mad so I continued. "I think you should choose your mom. Because I mean...You said you love her and everything yet you choose another family? That is just CRUEL, don't you think? Like a boyfriend telling his girlfriend that he loves her but cheats on her with another, prettier girl. How hurt must the girl be!!!" I clenched my heart and acted hurt.

"Y-you think so?" She was still hesitant... So I began to get more into it.

"Yes! I think love is MUCH important than money, right? You can't be too selfish and choose the new family just because of money or better surroundings! You have to choose...LOVE!" I said dramatically. "Right?" She didn't respond. "Nod if you think I'm right or don't respond if a no." She nodded once. "Yeah! Now." I came back to my normal self. "Do you choose your mom or the other family? Your choice, I won't make you choose your mom." I smiled sweetly at her.

"I guess...my mom since you seem to want it that way..."

"No, no, this is completely up to you. I won't try to change your opinions and choice, just choose." I fake smiled again.

"I guess...my mom because you're right about all you said." She melted into a smile. "Thank you, Yuri. Thank you for helping me decide. I thought you were horrible and mean this whole time but...I guess I was the mean one for thinking bad about you! Thank you..." I forced an awkward smile. "So...are we friends now?"

"No." I suddenly turned cold. Her friend? Who does she think she is? I turned around and walked into the office, done and satisfied with my work^^ "

What's up Bibi!" I sat on the chair in front of Fat Bibi.

"Why are you here?" She asked coldly.

"Ouch!" I pretended to be hurt. "I'm here to ask you a question. And the question is: Is the family that wants to adopt Yoona rich?" I smiled eagerly.

"Why do you want to know that? It's personal business." Fat Bibi focused herself on her computer.

"Personal business?" I smirked. "If you don't remember, I'm Yoona's sister." Both Bibi and I were shocked. It felt weird saying it out loud, with my own voice...But I shook the feeling away. "So I think I'm allowed and SHOULD be told about Yoona's situation."

"Yoona has her own privacy, sister or not. Get out if that's all you have to say." Fat Bibi said.

"Geez! Why do you have to be so mean to me! I thought you were supposed to take care of everyone in this orphanage, and love them all equally! Why do you hate me!?" I began acting dramatically. Hehe!

"What?" Fat Bibi widened her eyes. "I don't hate you...! I don't! I just act coldly towards you because you do so many things I disapprove of."

"Like what?"

"Like the things you do to Yoona."

"Like what?"

"For all five years, you have: poured paint all over her clothes, spilled coffee on her legs, blamed her for your bad doings, spread rumors about her like she's smoking or she killed a kitten before, stole her properties, messed up her computer, erased her essays she needs for classes, and so much more!"

"How do you know I did all that? You don't have any witnesses or evidence." I smirked.

"I don't need any evidence. I just know you did it because you giggle and high five your friends whenever she gets bullied like that. You think you're sneaky and stealthy? No, EVERYONE knows you did it except the teachers."

"Just tell me if they're rich!" I exploded.

She sighed hard. "Fine. They're rich. Satisfied? What are you going to do with that information anyways?"

I grinned. "Nothing." I hurried out of the room. MIssion accomplished AGAIN!^^

NEXT DAY

As expected, the rich family came to our orphanage the next day. They were here to look for another kid to adopt.

This is my chance!!!

I found out that they are looking at children in our class, the super senior class. Excited, I wore my best innocent looking white clothes. I wore a fashionable school uniform and tied my hair sideways.

Our class had to continue working and ignore the parents so they can see who they like the best and we can focus on our studies.

I kept my big smile on and pretended I had lots of friends and everyone loved me. "Oh, George, you are welcome! I am always pleased that I can help you study!" I said loud enough for them to hear.

George frowned at me. "What?? III helped YOU!" He exclaimed.

"Shh!" I shushed him. "If you say that again or anything else like that, you're so dead." i threatened him.

There were only seven kids in our class so I had great chance of getting adopted. I saw in the corner of my eye, the parents coming my way. Fat Bibi's face became dark. HA!!!

"Who is this?" I heard my future mom's voice right above me. I innocently looked up.

"She's not--"

"Greetings, my name is Yuri Kwon." I cut off Bibi.

"Ohh, what a cute name! And I love your uniform!" The mom cupped my chin and smiled. "I want to adopt her." She said to Bibi.

Bibi forced a laugh. "Well--"

"Oh, how I'd love to be adopted!!! It has been my lifelong dream to have such a great and nice parents like you guys!!! Would you adopt me? Please?" I put on my puppy eyes.

"Can we?" The mom looked at Bibi with hopeful eyes.

"I...guess..." She said hesitantly. !YESSSS~!!! WOOHOOO! I'M ADOPTED BY A RICH FAMILY! I smiled widely and glanced at Yoona. She was frowning slightly at me but I ignored it.

LATER

Class was ended and I was in a super good mood! I'm getting adoooopted, I'm getting adoooopted! I sang silently.

The first person to pop in my mind was Siwon. I looked for him everywhere to tell him the good news!

But...DADADAAAAAAAN~~~! He was talking to Yoona. Curse that ugly girl!!! UGH! She ruins all my happy moments...

I was going to go eavsdrop on them but Yoona left, Siwon chasing her. I chased both of them outside.

Yoona walked all the way to where she worked part time--to a hospital. She worked part time three times a week at the hospital. Siwon followed her all the way there and I followed him too.

"Please, Yoona, just accept my love! I'm so sorry that I left you for a minute..I'll never leave you anymore!" Siwon was begging. Ugh, that spoiled brat! Taking advantage of Siwon's love and making him sad...

The other workers then came out and chased Siwon away. I quickly hid behind a trash can. I stole glances at him and I could tell that he was devastated. Then instead of going back to the orphanage, he just sat on a bench in front of the hospital. Don't tell me....he's gonna wait for her??? She is gonna stay in there for another five hours!!! He's just resting...right? I thought, shocked at his actions.

Resting..........resting........resting...........resting........An hour passes........Is he really waiting???T.T My legs are dying here!!!

YOONA'S POV

"Here, take this to the doctor." Said the nurse.

I took the medicine and went to find the doctor who was probably in the first floor. My heart beated really fast. He should be gone, right?

I went downstairs and even before I found the doctor, I found him sitting on a bench and staring at me. I quickly looked away. Oh great, why is he still here??? Is he really waiting for me?? For five hours???

DOODOODOOOOONGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the...is that...lightning? I looked outside the glass door. It was raining! He can't be staying NOW right? I peeked at the bench. He was still there, getting wet! I tried to ignore him and went back to work. I gave the medicine to the doctor and quickly went back upstairs for my next errand.

An hour passed.

"I'm sorry for making you go down there again but can you give this form to the nurse in front of the counter please? Thanks." The nurse handed me a form.

He's probably gone now. I was sure. He just couldn't be staying...Rain was POURING down.

But he....he was still there! For two seconds I made eye contact with him and got teary eyed. Is he for real? Why..................Just why is he waiting for me in the rain? Why is he doing this for me? I just don't get it....Why? Why is he doing this to me?

YURI'S POV

Tears fell like the rain.

"Why, oppa, why do you love Yoona but not me...?" I quietly sobbed, still behind the trash can. I didn't even realize both my my legs fell asleep. "Why do everyone love Yoona but not me?? I went through the same thing as her but why do everyone only pity her?! MY mom left too. MY mom went to jail too. MY mom abused me too. And everybody knows that we went through the same thing though nobody knows we are sisters. But why do they only like HER???" I bawled. I just don't get it!!! Everybody hates me but....no...NO....NO!!! Yuri, you can't act like this. No, I'm not jealous of her! I've never been!!!! I stopped crying angrily. She is going back to her low quality mom and I'm going to be loved by my new, rich, nice family!!! They are going to love me so much!!!!! I focused on Siwon again, angrily wiping my tears and stretching down my eyes to make it look like it isn't swollen from crying.

Siwon was sitting there, slumped shoulders and soaked with rain and tears...just like me. Then suddenly, Siwon stood up and was alert. I looked to where he was rushing to....Yoona. UGHHH!!! THAT BI***!!!

"Yoona, yoona! Hi! I'm still here! I was waiting for you!" Siwon cried. How...how can Siwon still smile so widely like that when Yoona left him alone in the rain like that????? What is...Wh-what...what is WRONG with him??!!?? I punched the metal trash can as hard as it can. It fell over but luckily, I didn't get caught.

I ran to hide behind a big oak tree. My hand suddenly stung....REALLY bad. I looked down at my hand and it was soaked in red....BLOOD?????

"Ah! Ahh! Ahh!!!" I groaned and put my hand under my shirt. "Ah! Ow, ow ow!" Tears automatically came. But I didn't have time for this! I gritted my teeth and tried to ignore the pain and follow Siwon and Yoona. But when I looked to where they are, they weren't moving. Yoona was getting soaked too and she was saying something. I couldn't hear well because of the loud sound of the rain.

YOONA'S POV

"Leave me alone, Siwon!" I yelled, avoiding his eye contact.

He sighed. "Yoona, I.....I really love you and I want you to know that." Then he started coughing and shivering. Tears welled up in my eyes, sorry for him and loving him but I swallowed them back.

"I know that." I said with a shaky voice that I tried not to reveal. "But I.....I d-don't care..." I managed to say.

I'm so sorry Siwon....I'm so sorry. But I can't love you anymore because I'm just way too hurt from what you did..........WWAYYYY too hurt. I don't want to experience that again and the only way to go through that pain again is to love someone that I love SOOOOO dearly. I just can't risk my heart again. And anyways...I'm leaving soon. We will be much happy with our seperate lives when I leave.

"Y-yoona..." He coughed. "I'm sorry for what I did. But it was just one mistake. Why is it so hard for you to forgive me? I promised I will never make the same mistake again!"

That's when I bursted out in tears.

"It's because you" -gulp- "cheated on me with YURI! If it was another girl, then I would forgive you, even if I am extremely hurt...But it's YURI!!! It's not you that I'm not able to forgive, oppa. It's Yuri that I can't forgive. And it's Yuri I'm afraid of."

"What do you mean? Why do you have to be afraid of her?"

"If you didn't notice, she bothered and bullied me so much in my life in the orphanage. She's ALWAYS trying to ruin my life. She doesn't know I know, probably, that it's her doings but I DO know! I realize the things she is doing to me and I get the sign that she HATES me!!!"

"But Yoona...Why can't you just forgive her?" Siwon asked confused. "I thought my nice Yoona forgives and loves everyone. And when did you ever care about what people think about you? There was that girl, Ruby. She hated you but you just poured out all your love to her. Even if she always hated you, you didn't care. You said, 'All it matters is that she is recieving all the love' and you also said that it's okay if you don't recieve the love back...Was all that just a saying?"

I listened quietly. I tried to stay quiet but I just couldn't take it anymore. I bursted out saying,

YURI'S POV

"YURI IS MY BLOOD RELATED SISTER AND I LOVE HER TO DEATH!!!!!! HOW WOULD I BE OKAY WITH RECEIVING ALL HER HATE????"

I didn't hear ANYTHING Yoona and Siwon were saying except.........except those two sentences.... Did she....did she just say that? "Yoona..." With that one name, I began to cry.....I cried the hardest I have ever did in my whole...entire....life....