Chapter 27: Jealousy and A Little Fun~

The Story Of Two Girls♡

Place: In front of Kim's House

 

       “Pie, these flowers are for you…”says the guy, offering a bouquet of flowers to Pie. “Really?? Thank you…”replies Pie to him. The guy smiles back and Pie smells the fragrance of the roses he gave. “Spill it out, P’Van… I know that you have something to say.”says Pie, taken P’Van by surprise. P’Van lowers down his gaze and scratches his head. Pie waits patiently for his reply. “I know about the whole argument thing with your father. Sorry, I’m the cause of it. To the point that you have to run away from home…”says P’Van. Pie lets out a sigh and answers: “ It’s not your fault. My father is just being unreasonable…” P’Van reaches out his hand and hold onto Pie’s hand. “I know… I will talk to your father about it but… you should go home, Pie. Aunty’s worried about you.”says P’Van with a frown.

        Pie bites her lips and turns her gaze away. Going back home means that she agrees to his father’s arrangement and Pie doesn’t want to give in. “I’m not going home yet, P’Van. You know how my father is… No one can change his mind once he’s set. I need to stand in my point…” says Pie. P’Van sighs as he slowly lets go of Pie’s hand and says: “Haiz… I couldn’t hide from you anymore… Aunty’s not feeling well, Pie.” Pie drops the bouquet of flower that P’Van gave with a shock face. “What?? Why?? How??.... Is she okay??”asks Pie with a worried tone. P’Van pets Pie’s shoulders and answers: “Calm down…  Aunty’s doing fine. Her blood pressure shot up a little too high and she fainted… But now she’s okay…” Pie calms down a little after hearing that her mother is doing well but asks again: “What does the doctor say?”  P’Van picks up the bouquet of flowers and replies: “The doctor say she needs extra rest and take her medicine.. Pie, aunty asked me not to tell you about it because she doesn’t want to worry you about it. But I think you should know…. I can see through her face that she’s missing you and that she needs you… Go home, Pie….”  P’Van passes the bouquet of flowers to Pie again.

       Pie rivets her attention as a lot of things is playing inside her mind. After a few minutes of silence as P’Van patiently waits for Pie’s answer, Pie finally voice out: “Ok, I will go home…  But not today… I need some time to settle somethings first. Please understand my situation, P’Van…” P’Van nods and says: “I understand…  Aunty will be happy when she sees you.” P’Van looks at his watch and says: “Look, I need to leave now. I have a meeting later in my office. I’ll ask Tot(P’Van’s chauffeur) to pick you up tomorrow morning…” Pie shakes her head and says: “No need… I’ll call Uncle Ken to fetch me tomorrow after school.” P’Van nods in respect of Pie’s decision and walks towards his limo with Pie following behind him.

       Tot opens the the limo door for P’Van. Before going into his car, P’Van turns around to face Pie. He raises his hand to brush away the hair that’s covering Pie’s cheeks and puts it behind Pie’s ears. “I like you, Pie. And I think you have known it for a long time..” Pie nods. P’Van asks: “Why do you reject your father’s arrangement? Am I not good enough for you, Pie?” Pie looks away as she don’t know what to say. She doesn’t want to hurt P’Van but she doesn’t want to lie to him as well. “P’Van, you really is a good guy and I think a lot of girls would love you to be their husband. But….”says Pie. “But what?” asks P’Van. Pie continues: “You are like brother to me. A loving brother who brings me out to the best spots for cakes… But, I’m just 17 years old… I don’t want to be married yet…”

       P’Van turns away his gaze from Pie and Pie can see that he’s hurt… P’Van lowers his head for a few second and looks into Pie’s eyes again saying: “I don’t want to be just your brother, Pie. It’s selfish of me to ask you to marry me right away but Pie, would you please give me a chance? Look at me for once, as a guy, as someone who has feelings for you. Don’t just reject me without even giving me a chance to show you how much I love you…” P’Van swallows his saliva after speaking. Pie can sense his sincerity and she couldn’t think of any reason to reject P’Van’s request. Pie gives a small smile and nods her head.

       P’Van couldn’t believe his eyes and asks Pie again: “Really????” Pie nods again and says: “Yes…” P’Van is so happy that he jumps up with joy and he smiles from ear to ear. Pie laughs at P’Van’s behavior. It’s the first time she sees P’Van being like a child. Tot who was standing by the side, clears his throat with a cough. P’Van comes to his senses and quickly straighten his suit. He smiles at Pie and says: “I need to leave now. Give me a call, will ya?” Pie nods again. P’Van then turns and steps into his limo with Tot closing the door after that. Tot then runs back to his chauffeur seat as P’Van lowers down his limo window. He waves at Pie and says: “Bye…” Pie waves back too and replies: “Bye… Thanks for telling me about my mom’s condition…” P’Van nods and closes back the window with Tot driving the limo away. Pie stands there and watch the limo leaves, giving a few last waves before she decide to go back inside Kim’s house.

 

On the other hand, while this is happening……

 

Place: Kim’s Living Room

       “Omg…. He’s giving her flowers” says Jim as he peeks behind the curtains of the living room. From his view, he can see clearly what is happening outside. “Ah…. Roses… Good choice… Girls fall for that” says Jim again. Kim is sitting on the sofa, trying to ignore her brother. She knows that her brother is trying to make her jealous after reading his mind. Still, it bothers her to think that Pie is with someone outside. “Enough bro, stops stalking and poking into other people’s business…”says Kim as she throw the pillow that she’s hugging at Jim. The pillow did hit Jim’s but Jim doesn’t mind it. He continues to watch. “Oh… He’s holding Pie’s hand!!!”says Jim with a little tone of excitement in his voice. He knows his sister is twisting and turning a couple of knots inside her heart and he enjoys doing it. He chuckles by himself and turns to look at Kim’s reaction. Kim is glares at her brother. She bites her lips, trying to restraint her curiosity which is twisting and turning inside her stomach. “Pie drops her bouquet of flowers…. Her face looks shock! Based on my hypothesis, that guy is confessing…”says Jim. Kim couldn’t resist anymore. She rushes to join her brother to peep out of the window. Jim laughs and says sarcastically: “I thought you say don’t peep into people’s business…” Kim ignores Jim’s words and pushes him away. Jim walks away from his spot and walks towards the couch. He sits down and waits for a few minutes. She can see that Pie is talking to the rich guy. Kim turns away from the window and sits down on the couch next to her brother with a long face.

          Jim crosses his leg like a boss and stares at his sister. Kim glares back and snaps: “What? What’s with that look on your face??” Jim smiles and asks: “Do you feel like your stomach is churning or burning with curiosity?” Kim’s face looks shock. She asks: “How you know that?” Jim uncrosses his leg and crosses his fingers instead. He give Kim a serious look and says: “That’s call jealousy, litt’e sis…” Kim rolls her eyes and says: “You’re crazy…. Why would I be jealous?? I’m just worried that the guy might do something bad to Pie…” Jim sits back on the couch and looks away, sighing: “Huh…. Kim~ Kim…. It’s not the first day I become your brother. I know you inside out, outside in. Plus, things like this? Your brother, me, have plenty of experience and based on that experience, I am sure that you are in love with Pie….” Kim frowns and says: “What??? You’re really insane… How could I? I’m a girl…” Jim then replies: “I know you are a girl but Kim… Let me tell you something. Love has no boundaries. Love doesn’t judge people’s gender. Believe me, Tiger… Seek deep inside your heart and embrace it. Love is something previous and if you don’t grab it, you will regret when it flies away. It doesn’t waits… ” After he finish saying it, he stands up and gives Kim a pet on the shoulders before going back to his room. Kim frowns with what she heard from Jim. “Is this jealousy? Is this love?”thinks Kim by herself while putting her right hand on her chest.

         Buried deep in her thoughts, she didn’t realize that Pie just walk into the house. Pie finds Kim sitting by herself on the sofa and walks towards her. She touches Kim’s shoulder. Kim comes to her senses with a shock. “Still thinking about Ratana?” asks Pie as she sits down next to Kim. Kim raises her eyebrows and says: “Er… erm… yea…. Still thinking about her….” Pie puts down the bouquet of flowers on the coffee table and says: “You seems like you have a lot in your mind.” Kim lowers her head and replies: “Yea… A little… I didn’t even realize you come in… Nice roses… Your favourite?” Pie shakes her head and says: “Not really…..” Kim stands up and asks: “Wanna have lunch? I’m famish…” Pie nods and says: “Me too!!” Kim walks towards the kitchen while saying: “What do you want to eat?” Pie stands up and follows Kim into the kitchen…..

 

 Place: In the kitchen

 

        "Kim,  teach me how to cook!!"says Pie. Kim raises her eyebrows and asks:" Why all of a sudden?" Kim can never figure out what Pie was thinking. She seems to be able to hear everyone's thoughts. But definitely not Pie. "Perhaps that's what that makes her so unique..."thinks Kim by herself. Pie smiles and says:" Well, your cooking is so delicious and i hope that i can learn to cook it at home.." Kim closes the fridge door and nods her head. "Sure! What do you want to learn?" asks Kim. Pie smiles and replies: “Gai Pad Med Ma Moung (chicken cashew nuts)..” Kim opens her fridge once more to see if the ingredients that she have in the fridge is sufficient enough to cook the dish. Unfortunately, she only has half the ingredients she needs. She turns to look at Pie, saying: “Let’s go shopping after lunch… I’ll teach you when we cook for dinner.” Pie nods with a sweet smile on her face. “Oh, wait… Let’s start your cooking lesson now but different dish…”says Kim as she pulls out the ingredients she needs from the fridge and passes it to Pie. Pie takes it from Kim’s hands while saying: “Yes, chef!!”

         Kim rolls up her long sleeves and washes her hand. “Let’s make omelets for lunch. Something simple and quick.”says Kim. Pie nods and wash her hands at the basin too. “Here, crack these eggs into this bowl.” says Kim to Pie. Pie opens her eyes widely and blink a few times. “Crack eggs? Whats’s that? I thought eggs come out from the fridge.” Kim looks at Pie and starts laughing. “Eggs needs to be cracked in order to obtain the egg white and the yolkI don’t….. er…. I don’t know… how to…..”says Pie as she bites her lips, looking at the ground subsequently. Kim laughs and says: “You don’t know how to crack an egg? Hahahahah….” Pie scowls and says: “How dare you laugh at me!! I never learn about cracking eggs.” Kim keeps laughing as she holds her abdomen due to the pain from laughing. Pie glowers at Kim and starts hitting Kim’s back with her hand.  “Ouch… ouch…. What a bad tempered teenager!!” says Kim with a cheeky tone. Kim squeals from pain but continues laughing as she tries to escape Pie’s hit. “Nanny nanny poo poo, you can’t catch me~!!” sings Kim as she makes a silly face to make Pie angry. Pie chases after Kim from behind and both of them circle round the kitchen until Pie gives up chasing Kim with a sulky face. Pie stomps her feet and walks away. At that moment, Kim runs up and catches her wrist to stop her from leaving. “Hey, I’m just joking… Sorryyyy... Don’t be angry please….”apologizes Kim. Pie turns around and stares at Kim with a strict face. “Let go of me…”says Pie. Kim got scared with Pie’s stern look and let go of her wrist. As she lets go of Pie’s hand, Pie’s expression changes into a cheeky face and she starts hitting Kim again. “Ahahah~ I win!!!”says Pie. Kim lifts up her hand and try to defend from Pie’s gentle hit with a cheated expression on her face. “Ho!!! You liar!!! Ouch~”says Kim as she grabs a non-stick pan to defend from Pie’s attacks. Pie instead changes her strategies to spoon attacks.

          They finally stops the battle when they were both out of breathe. Both of them surrenders their weapon and armors on the kitchen table. When they look at each other in the eyes again, they bursts out in laughter. Tears are almost falling off Kim’s eyes as she laughs too much. Kim tries to stop her laughter by stopping down and pulls a straight face but fails her attempt after she saw Pie’s face. “Okay… Enough… I’ll teach you how to crack the eggs.” says Kim. Pie stops her laughter by puffing out her breathe and slaps her own face gently twice. “Phew! Yes, chef!!” says Pie. Kim takes an egg to demonstrates the egg cracking skills to Pie. “Hold the egg like this and…”says Kim as she cracks the egg using Pie’s forehead. Pie squeals in pain, saying : “Ouch!!! So painful!” Pie rubs her forehead at the place where Kim cracks the egg. Kim grins with glee and open the cracked egg to pour the yolks into a bowl. “Your turn.” says Kim as she passes an egg to Pie. Pie hold onto the egg and do the same thing as Kim does. “Piak!!” the sound of the egg cracked open right on Kim’s face as the egg yolks runs down Kim’s face. Pie blinks her eyes for the several times as she didn’t know that she used too much strength. Kim was speechless and she show an expressionless face with the egg yolks dripping down her face. Pie burst into laughter after looking at Kim’s face even though she feels guilty for causing it. Kim wipes off the egg yolks from her face and gives Pie a death glare. Pie bites her lips to stop her laughter but starts giggling away again. Kim too couldn’t stand pretending to be angry and joins Pie, laughing together.

          After cleaning up herself, Kim starts teaching Pie again but this time in a proper way, not on the forehead. After a few tries, Pie succeed in cracking the eggs. “Yea!!!! I did it!!! See this, Kim!!! I did it!!!” screams Pie with glee. Kim smiles and gives a big pat on Pie’s shoulders, saying: “Well done!! Since you did so well, I’m going to bake you a cake tonight.” Pie blinks a few times with a surprised face and asks: “WHAT?? You know how to bake cakes too???” Kim nods her head. Pie opens like a fish with an impressed look on her face. “Kim….” calls Pie. “Huh?” answers Kim while raising her eyebrows. Pie continues :” Since it’s my cake, can I chose the flavor?” Kim nods. Pie grins like a little child and says: “I want chocolate cake!!!” Kim smiles and answers: “Okay. But you need to help me bake it~” Pie nods in agreement. “Now, beat this eggs while I wash the vegetables.”says Kim as she pass the bowl and a fork to Pie. Pie holds onto the fork and looks at the bowl. She place fork in the bowl and starts stirring the eggs like she was using a spoon.

           Kim smiles and walks over to Pie’s back. “When you beat the eggs, you should do it like this.” says Kim. She holds onto Pie’s right hand from the behind and hold onto Pie’s left hand to tilted the bowl. Pie holds her breathe as she was shocked from Kim’s sudden back-hugging-way-of-teaching. Her heart beats quicker than usual and she can’t explain the weird feeling in her stomach. Kim holds onto Pie’s right hand and starts beating the egg. “Beats the eggs like this, in clockwise direction with a constant speed.”says Kim with a gentle voice as she looks at Pie’s face where Pie also did the same. Their lips brush on each other. Pie quickly turns away her face to focus on the eggs where Kim turns away to the other side. Pie can feel her face getting warmer. Kim also sense that her heart is beating way too fast and she fears that Pie might feel it. Slowly she release Pie’s hand and lets Pie continue beating the egg. “There! You did quite a good job.”says Kim. “Thanks.” says Pie. There is a moment of awkwardness between the two of them. Kim quickly changes topic, saying: “I’ll wash this vege’s first and you continue beating those eggs.”

Both of them continue their cooking teaching session.....