Chapter 12: Avoid Part 2

The Story Of Two Girls♡

Place: Excellence High School

Day: Tuesday

Time: 12:05p.m.

 

The lesson has just ended and it’s their lunchtime before they proceed to their next lesson. “Grrr….” Boy’s stomach growls.  Kim heard Boy’s stomach growl and stares at Boy. Boy smiles back at Kim innocently as he his tummy. Kim smiles and say :” Let’s go and have lunch.” Kim then stands up and calls Jane and Pie. “Jane, Pie… Want to have lunch together?” Jane turns and beams at Kim. She nods her head several times. Jane then turns to Pie and asks: “Pie, are you coming?” Pie hesitates as she wants to avoid Kim but she’s hungry too. Jane holds Pie’s arms and pleads Pie to go for lunch with them. “Oh, come on… You rejected us just now during recess… Please come with us…” begs Jane to Pie. Pie sense that Kim is also looking at her and she takes a glance at Kim. Kim smiles at Pie, hoping that she will go.

“I’m really hungry now. Decide faster, Pie. Come with us or else you stay here by your own…” says Boy as he stands up and start walking towards the door of the classroom. Jane smiles and says to Pie: “It seems like Boy just starting to accept you… Just come with us... No more excuse this time..” Jane grabs Pie’s hands and pulls her from her seat. “Okay, okay! I’ll come… I’m hungry as well… Let’s go!” says Pie with a smile. The three of them leaves for lunch, joining Boy.

 

Place: Excellence High School Cafeteria

Time: 12:10p.m.

 

Kim, Jane and Pie are looking for Boy while holding to their food tray. “There he is!” says Jane as she spotted Boy waving at them. The cafeteria is quite crowded as it’s lunchtime and all the students are to finish their food before 12:45p.m to proceed to their next lesson before school ends. Boy who is a step earlier than them have already found a table of four for them. Kim, Pie and Jane walks over to Boy. “Kim, sit here!” Boy pats the seat next to him signaling Kim to sit next to him. Kim accepts Boy’s offer as she place her food tray on the table and sits down. Jane sits opposite of Boy and Pie sits opposite of Kim. Kim looks at Boy’s food tray with is piled up with a lot of food. “Wow, are you that hungry?” asks Kim with an awe. Boy beams and takes a spoon of his food in his hand. “Don’t you know that I’m still growing?” replies Boy as he put the spoonful of food into his mouth. Jane looks in disgust and say:” You retarded guy. I heard that sentence a thousand times and you’re just the same size. Never grow taller or fatter. I wonder where all those food goes…” Pie smiles and say: “Maybe his stomach is just an endless pit or else… a black hole!” Kim and Jane laughs at Pie’s remark. “Hahaha… You’re definitely right about that” says Kim to Pie. Boy ignores their comments and keeps on eating. Kim, Jane and Pie also start to eat their food.

“Hmm, Pie. How’s school??” asks Jane suddenly to Pie as she stops eating to ask Pie. Pie looks up at Jane as she munches her food and swallows it before replying. “Hmm, well. It’s fine. Great surrounding, delicious food, nice teachers though some are quite strict, and hmmm…… “answers Pie to Jane. Pie puts down her spoon and thinks for a moment.  Kim looks up as she was curious of what Pie have to say more about this school while Boy focuses on eating his food. “And???” asks Jane as she takes a bite of a spoonful of food.

Pie smiles and say: “And of course you guys… Thanks to all of you, I felt that I’m welcomed here.” Jane and Kim smiles at Pie as Jane replies: “You are very much welcomed here though there’s someone isn’t very welcoming to you.” Jane, Kim and Pie looks at Boy. Boy looks up as he knows what Jane meant is him. Kim hits Boy’s back gently and Jane pushes Boy’s head with a finger gently. Boy pretends that it hurts and say “Ouch!! It’s painful.” Boy rubs his head and back and frown at Kim.  Kim laughs and say: “Hahah, you look like a mackerel when you frown like that.” Both Jane and Pie laughs too..

They talks about some old jokes and ask Pie about her old school. They seems to get to know more of each other but each time Kim raise her head to look at Pie, Pie quickly looks down, focusing on her food or looks elsewhere. Kim sense something isn’t right but she can’t figure it out.

As they continues to consume their food, some bits of food got to the side of Pie’s mouth. Kim saw it and say:” Pie, there’s something right here.” pointing it on her own face to show Pie. Pie looks at Kim and asks: “Where? Here?” Pie tries to wipe off with her hands but she doesn’t seem to wipe it off at the right place.

“Here.” says Kim as she reaches out her hands and try to wipe it off Pie’s face. Pie sense Kim’s sudden approach of her hand and quickly avert her face away from Kim’s hand and wipe the bits off by herself. Kim is taken back by Pie’s retreat. She removes her hands and reach for her drink instead. Both become silent after that.

Boy and Jane sense the sudden quietness of both Kim and Pie. “Why are the both of you so quiet? It seems that only me and Boy are chatting continuously…”says Jane as she looks at both Kim and Pie. Kim smiles at Jane and say: “Oh, is it? I was focusing on my food…. I wonder why today’s food seems to taste nicer than before.” Kim continues to eat her food.

“Erm, right! I want to ask you guys something.” says Boy suddenly as he swallows his food and takes a sip of his drink. “Do you guys want to come over my house this afternoon to do the homework together?” asks Boy. “Which homework do you mean?” asks Jane. Boy replies: “The English essay about party and the science homework. I don’t think I can do it on my own…”

“So you want us to do it together? Hmm… ok! I’ll go… I need some help on it too…” says Jane and turns to look at Kim and Pie. “What about both of you? Are you guys coming?” asks Jane. Kim hesitates for a moment as Pie waits for Kim’s answer. <“If Kim’s going, I’m not going.” thought Pie by herself.>

“Ok, I’ll go.. What about you, Pie?” says Kim as she asks Pie. Pie smiles apologetically and replies: “Sorry, I don’t think I can. I need to do something for my mom this afternoon.” “Oh, too bad. I was kind of hoping for the four of us to hang out more… But it’s okay… Maybe next time, k?” says Jane to Pie. Pie nods. The word “next time” makes Pie a little worried.

They continue to finish their lunch before going back to class for the next lesson.

 

 

{Hi there, everyone... Sorry i go missing for a few months after new year... Been busy with my exam which finally ended three days ago. Didn't write much this time but i'll try to update more soon... Thanks for reading~ ^^}