Chapter 16: Sometime with Kim’s Dad

The Story Of Two Girls♡

Place: Kim’s father ranch

Time: 12:00p.m.

 “Finally we’re here!!! Urgh, my butts hurt from that bumpy road there.” complains Kim as she comes down from the truck that her father drive. Kim stretch herself and grabs her bag from the truck. Kim’s father smiles and say: “Kim, here, grab the keys.” Kim’s father throw the keys to Kim and Kim catch it successfully with both of her hands. “You go ahead and put your things in the tree house first. I’m going to the vineyard first to check out on the grapes that they harvest today. I’ll be back at, let’s say…, 1 p.m like that, and we’ll have lunch together, okay?” says Kim’s father to Kim. Kim nods and replies: “Okay, I’ll cook for lunch, and it will be ready by the time you’re back.” Both separate to go their own destinations.

Kim walks up the lane where it leads up to the house. The whole scenery is beautiful with colourful flowers planted along the small lane up to the tree house, the birds chirping happily, building nest on the trees, squirrels scurries away as Kim passes through. The sky is blue and sun shines brightly on Kim. When she reaches the tree house, Kim climbs up the stairs, puts down the bag on a table in front of the tree house. She stands on the small balcony of the tree house to enjoy the cool breeze blowing against her face. The tree house is actually on the hilltop and from the place that Kim is standing, she can see the whole farm and vineyard. After taking a good look on the farm, Kim grabs her bag and search through her pocket for the keys that her father tossed to her. She then opens the door and walks in.

Time: 4:30p.m.

“Kim… Kim… KIM!!!” shouts Kim’s father to Kim. “Oh, yes? Why are you asking for me?” asks Kim, looking blankly at her father. Kim is helping her father in the vineyard, clearing away dead twigs from the grape plants after the harvesting. “I ask if you are tired and whether you want to take some rest for a while. But you didn’t answer me at all.” says Kim’s father as he pass a bottle of mineral water to Kim. Kim puts down the scissors on the ground, takes off her gloves and grabs the bottle. “Thanks, dad. Sorry, I was thinking of something else earlier on.” replies Kim to her father. Kim’s father sits down next to Kim then say: “Is there anything that troubles you?  It seems that you have a lot in your mind. Tell me. Maybe I can help you with it.” Kim hesitates for a moment and answers: “Dad, what will you do if someone you know, I mean, just get to know, seems to be ignoring you.”

Kim’s father raises his left eyebrow, and asks: “Who dares to ignore my tiger? Tell me, I’ll kick his and let him fly out of space!”  Kim smiles and says: “He’s a she, dad. And since when do you have such supernatural power of kicking people’s ? Teach me, I wanna kick Jim’s . That would be useful in waking that lazy pig up.” Kim’s father laughs and says : “ Hahahah…. I’ll show you a few tricks that I learn from your grandpa…” Kim’s father stands up and shows off some of his slow kicks. Kim laughs and says: “Oh, dad! I’m sure grandpa can do better than you.”

Kim’s father smiles with satisfaction as he manage to make Kim laughs. He then sits next to Kim and asks: “Okay, back to this girl… Why is she avoiding you?” Kim replies: “Well, the problem is, I don’t know why. I’m not sure if I’m over sensitive or not but somehow, I feel that she’s avoiding me.” Kim’s father pets Kim’s shoulder and says: “Why not ask her about it? Instead of having this matter bothering you the whole day, just ask her and sort it out between the both of you.” Kim looks at her father and say: “What if she avoids me even more or I make a fool out of myself for being over sensitive about it?”

Kim’s father reply: “Kim, if you worry too much about everything and don’t dare to take a step, things will never change or even gets worse. You can't stay in your corner of the edge waiting for others to come to you. You have to approach to them sometimes. Just try to talk to her casually and if she avoids you, confront her and ask her why.” Kim nods in silence.

Kim then responses: “ Okay, Dad. I’ll try to talk to her. Just hope that I’ll be brave enough to talk about it…. By the way, Dad, how’s your wine business? From the treehouse, I can see that you’ve increase the size of the land to plant the grapes.”

Kim’s father replies: “It’s going well but I hope to expand it bigger so that I can venture into exporting our wine and introduce it to other country. The demand is there however what we produce isn’t enough to export to other country yet. It’s only sufficient to supply to our customers in Thailand. I’m planning to buy more acres of land next to the vineyard but the owner of that large piece of land is registered under Throne Hotel & Resort Group. I went to ask if they can sell it to me but what I get as a response is that, they have plans for the piece of land. Even if they want to sell, the price won’t be cheap. I don’t have that much money to buy from them.

Kim nods as she listens to her father’s reply and she asks her father: “What do mean by plans? Are they going to build a resort here?” Kim’s father replies: “I’m not sure but that’s most probably the most reasonable answer to it.” Kim then says: “ If they build a resort here, I’m sure the tourism here will help your business more, dad.” Kim’s father replies: “Well, I hope so. If that happens, people around the world would know about our family wine. It will surely increase the demand of our wine but I need more land to plant the grapes to be able to supply more. We’ll see then what will happen. Everything will go well at the end of the day. Oh ya, Irene says she’ll be cooking dinner for us tonight. Any special requests?”

(Irene is a cousin of Kim’s father and works as a supervisor in Kim’s father’s vineyard.)

Kim smiles in delight and say: “ Oh really? I miss Aunt Irene’s cooking already especially her special delicious chicken in red wine sauce. Is she cooking that tonight?” Kim’s father replies: “Yeah, she knows that you love that. She went out to buy the ingredients just now.” Kim her lips and rubs her tummy with her hand. “Oh, dad! I’m hungry already at the thought of the chicken.” says Kim. Kim’s father smiles as he stands up, slap Kim’s back and say: “Get back to work! I’m going back to the wine factory. I’ll call you when dinner is ready.” Kim replies: “Okay, dad.” She then continues her work. Before Kim’s father leaves, he chats and gives instructions to the workers near Kim.

 

{Sorry, guys for the really really reallly late update. Hope that you guys will still continue to read on though.Have a nice day. Do leave some comments or opinions though i won't reply, but I'll appreciate if you give some comments. Thank you~}