2

Summer

“Oh, hyung. You’re back. What took you so long?”

Choi Dongwook gave the latter an apologetic smile while the man let him entered his house.

“Sorry. I’m stuck with traffic.” He said while he walked to the huge living room. “Daesung-ah, do you have snacks? I’ve got the drinks.”

Kang Daesung followed Dongwook to his living room. He decided to not answer his question and asked a question back at him. “Hyung, have you read magazines today?”

Dongwook observed his friend while the latter lay down his body at his sofa. He knew from his eyes that his friend worried. As his manager, he truly understands his worried and concerns.

“Where the gossips come from?” Daesung asked him but his question sounded like he asked to himself.

Dongwook can only give him a small smile and started offering him a can of beer.

Daesung opened the can and take a big gulp from it. “They call me gay.” He chuckled bitterly when he spoke that. “Why they think like that? Am I acting like a woman? Or am I too close with men? Tell me, hyung. What should I do? Or you think like what they think of me too, hyung?”

Dongwook chuckled after what his artist said. “You know I never thought like that to you, Daesung-ah. Maybe because they never saw you with a girl in public, that’s why they call you gay.”

Daesung frowned after what his manager said. “Well. If they thought like that, let the gossip disappeared with it self. I don’t wanna talk about this.”

“No, Daesung. 2 weeks from now you had your come back. You’ll release your album after you coming back from hiatus for 4 years. If we let this gossip, I’m afraid it will ruin sales of your album. And they will dig out your old problems. I’m pretty sure your produce will not happy. And the last, how about your fans? What would they think? You will lose your own market.”

Daesung stared at the ceiling and inhaled deeply. “And now what should we do?”

Dongwook took a gulp before he speaks. “For your gay’s problem, I think that it’s time for you to introduce a girl to public.”

Daesung turned his head and stared with shock expression at Dongwook. “what?!”

“well, we can’t make a statement to paparazzis that you’re currently in relationship with someone. They will know that we’re lying to them. The most important is, your girl is not an actress or a model or a singer. It’s taking risk too much.”

Daesung thinking his manager word. His brows connecting and sometimes he bit his lips. Dongwook chuckled when he saw his expression. He knew when Daesung started frowning and biting his lips, he was worried.

“Well, we can tell them that you have a long time girlfriend but your girl didn’t want paparazzis expose her and she asked you to hide your relationship with her. So people know nothing about her and your relationship.” Dongwook continued.

“People know nothing about her and our relationship. What the benefits that we get from hide our relationship? People wouldn’t believe with that if we just said that. We must have a proof, hyung!”

“Like you said before, we should make a proof to them.”

“proof? What kind of proof?”

“Pictures with you and her.”

“her? who is she?”

“your girlfriend, of course.”

“girlfriend?”

“We can manage that if you want.”

“I don’t understand, hyung.”

Dongwook gave him a big smile before he spoke. “we search a girl who want to be your girlfriend and she must not know anyone and ask her to become yours for a couple of time. You just let the paparazzis see her.”

Daesung thought a second before he spoke at him. “But what if the paparazzis started stalking her? and where we get someone who can be trust and want to be my girlfriend? Are we just pick up a girl from street and ask her?”

Dongwook laughing hard after he heard him. “of course not, you silly!”

Daesung glared at him and his laugh getting bigger. Finally he sighed and take a gulp from his beers. “What kind of girl that we choose? Or how about we choose the first girl who enter my house?” He pointed at his front door with his chins.

After he heard what he said, Dongwook started laughing maniacly at him. Daesung getting annoyed because his hyung started laughing at him. “hyung, i’m seriousss.”

Dongwook bit his lips to stiffle his laughs. “I’m just kidding, Daesung-ah. Why you so serious? You’re funny. Well, let’s forget my idea. I’m sure we can pass this gossip.”

Daesung twitched his lips annoyed at his manager. After that he let a deep sigh and stared at his ceiling. Suddenly, he remembered about his phone which he broke a day ago. He asked Dongwook to fixed his.

“By the way, have you fixed my phone?” He asked to Daesung.

Choi Dongwook pick out Daesung’s phone and gave it to him. Suddenly he remembered at the call that he received on his way to Daesung’s house. The girl named Minzy before told him that they phone has been switched. Because he can’t take it with his self. He asked her to come to Daesung’s house. Maybe he asked too much because he was the one to blamed. He picked the wrong phones and now he asked her to come with her self in the middle of the night. But he can do nothing because Daesung in the state of losing his mind and he’s not a patient person.

When he want to tell about these story to Daesung, suddenly his door bell ringing.

“what kind of guest coming to a house at this time? He or she must be crazy.” Daesung mumbled with frowning.

 

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

Minzy really really can’t understand why today is really her disaster day. Maybe after she arrived at her home, she should taking a bath with 7 colorful flowers like her mom told her to let her stay away from bad luck. And now here she is, standing at the huge white mansion. The man who introduce to her as Choi Dongwook told her to come to this mansion to take her phone. She was annoyed. He was the one to put blame! And why she must going to his mansion? She even asked Han ahjumma to lend some money to her plus she must take a walk from bus stop to this elite area.

‘why i must come to this mansion? He was the one to put blame! He picked up the wrong phones. Huhuhuhu i felt like i’m going to cry.’

She took a deep breath to calm her self. ‘it’s okay. The most important is i must get my phone back.’

She pushed the bell buttons for the 3rd time while she yawned. It was here 5th time her yawning because of tiredness.

The front door was opened and the man from the store before coming o her. even she already can feel nothing at her face, she let a small smile and bowed at him.

“Anyeonghaseyo.. I’m Gong Minzy. I called you before to inform you that our phone has been switched. And this is your phone.” She offered his phone at him.

“Thank you very much.” Dongwook replied her with a warm smile. “I am really sorry to make you come to this mansion. Come in and have a seat. I just take your phone from inside.”

Actually Minzy knew that she can’t enter a stranger’s house especially a man’s house at this time. But her brains too tired and she just want to end her problems so that she can go home and sleep. Althought the man look not like a bad man.

Minzy entered this mansion and let her steps walked to the huge living room with grand and fancy furnitures. On the long sofas, there were a muscular man with his phone attached to his ears. He has blonde hair and tanned skin. Though Minzy thought that his blonde hair only make his skin look darker. She felt that she had seen him before. But where is is?

“Maybe you pick a wrong number.” Minzy can hear his voice talking to his phone. “There are no Gong Minzy or Minkky in here.”

Minzy started at Choi Dongwook with question look and pointed her hand at the phone which attached to thehandsome blonde man.

“Yes, that is your phone.” Dongwook said with a small smile attached at his lips.

The man at the sofa still drawn wih his phone. He didn’t realize Minzy’s arriving and his expression turn into annoyed. He said with an angry tone. “I’m sorry, Taemin-shi, i fcking don’t know Gong Minzy or Minji or whatever her name. How can i let her answer your call? You picked a wrong number, dude!”

After he said that, he cut the connection and closed his phone’s flap with a loud voice.

“Tcch.. freak!” he mumbled at his self.

“Hei...” Minzy heard Dongwook calling the man. “That phone is belongs to this girl.”

The man turned his head and stared at Dongwook. Then, he turned his head again and started look straight at Minzy’s eyes. The moment when their eyes met, Minzy has realize who he is