1

Summer

“Me? I’m still on my way to home... Mmm, I know it’s already ten. Yeah, a half of eleven. Whatever.”

Minzy taking her steps slowly. Her right hands holds a cell phone attached to her ears while her other hands swinging her small red bags. She draws a deep breath trying to calm her self. The last person in this earth who she wants to talk to is Lee Taemin. But that guy is calling and acting like a protective boyfriend.

She inhales deeply before she speaks again. “Taemin, I’m deadly tired. I’m hanging up.” Without waiting his responses, she hangs up his call and turn off her cell phone. Once more, she inhaled deeply while she stared her cell phone feeling annoyed.

Today is disaster for her. Just this morning, her student sprained her ankle because she wasn’t warming up before they started their practice. As her teacher, she took her to hospital and told her parents about the accident. Then, her parents came along to hospital and blamed her to make their daughter suffered from injury. And the last, her boss screamed and scolded her inside hospital and people around her started looking at her with pitiful look. And to complete her disaster day, her boss punished her with making her practiced inside the studio whole day.

Her feeling getting more and more annoyed if she remembered her disaster day. But, she was too tired and she can do nothing. She can feel her bones turned into jelly because of too much from practiced and her brains slowly shutting down. She inhaled deeply for she can not count it.

She is working in a famous dancing company. Park Jin Young, the owner of the company was a famous dancer in 90’s. He won and got the gold medal from national’s dance competition. He even got the nickname ‘God of Dance’ from people. It was Minzy’s dream to join and be a teacher in company and it’s not the first time her boss scolded her badly, but today she decided to take a leave from her jobs as a dancer and teacher.  Her jobs took almost her times and drained her whole energy until. She almost feels nothing when the next morning came and her daily routines in campus started.

She stopped for walking and sighed. “I’m going crazy.” She mumbled for her self.

Minzy stared at her surroundings. Seoul still not showing the sign to give up. The buildings along the roads like they compete each other to light the city, asking people to enjoy the summer nights in this capital of South Korea. Though she was living for years in Seoul, but Minzy still adores this city. It’s almost eleven o’clock, but the roads still full with pedestrians and cars. She can smell food coming from Japanese restaurant in front of her and she can hear people talking, screaming, and laughing.

Suddenly she felt dizzy because her surrounding. Minzy’s sight stopped at the small store at the end of road. After a second thought, she decided to take a walk and headed to the store.

Minzy started walking faster even she can’t feel her own feet and get inside the store. After she bowed and greets the owner, she headed to snack’s corner and grabbed 5 chips.

“Minky-ah, what happened in studio? You looked like a zombie.” Han ahjumma, the owner of the store started asking her after she saw the chips on the counter’s cashier.

“Ani, ahjumma. I’m just tired and stressed a little bit.” She shyly admitted to her. She opened her small bag and looking for her wallets. But she can’t find it.

“Ahjumma, wait a second. I’m pretty sure I put my wallet inside....” Minzy started to pour her belongings on the counter. Besides her chips, there are 3 coins, a yellow handkerchief, a cell phone, a pen, a small notebook, a pink umbrella, and her make ups.

“Where is it?” Minzy mumbled to herself. She still busy with her stuffs. She was pretty sure that she put in her wallets together with her stuffs.

Suddenly, she heard a familiar ringtone. She glanced at her cell phone, but the screen still dark and it not vibrated.

“Where are you? Home?.... alright. Me? Still in a store. I buy cans of beer.... I understand, see you!”

Minzy glanced at the deep voice came from behind her. A man standing behind her. Maybe the ringtone that I heard before is belongs to his, she thought. He flipped his black phone and put in it inside his pocket. He carried a basket with 6 cans of beer inside it. She observed at the man. He’s handsome but he has a baby face, she thought that. He wears a glasses and black suits pairing with black slacks, white sleeves, blue navy tie, and black pointed shoes. He looks like a young CEO or a lawyer who working in a big firm.

The man looked at her and gave her a small smile.

‘Oh, god! He’s smiling at me! How just a simple smile can bring my energy back?’ she thought that.

‘How I wish I can look at his smile whenever I’m tired’

She gasped when she realized what she thought. She shook her heads to clear her minds and started to search her wallet again.

Suddenly, Han ahjumma taped her hands and smiled at her. “Minkky honey, do you mind if that man behind you purchases his stuffs first?”

She stared at Han ahjumma and gave her a small smile. “Sure, Ahjumma.” And then, she looks at behind her and said to him “You can pay first, Ahjussi.”

The man gave her a warm smile before he spoke with his deep voice. “Thank you, miss.”

Minzy step over and let him to pay first. He put out his stuffs first and took out his wallet before he speaks to Han ahjumma. “How much?”

Suddenly, another ringtone ringing at the store. Minzy’s head ache turned into worst. She felt like someone stabbed her head hundreds time. She already tired and his ringtone almost made lost her temper.

The man got his cell phone and glance a bit at it. Then, he put it on the table and took out another from his another pocket. He scrolled his iPhone and started talking with it.

‘Oh, God! How many cell phone that he had? That ringtone give me a bad headache!’  She thought that. She massaged her temple to soothe her pain.

The man purchased his stuffs while talking with his phone and started walking to the store’s door. But suddenly he turned around and grabbed another phone which on the counter.

“Sorry” he mumbled at Minzy and Han ahjumma and gave them his apologetic smile.

‘Why he should put his charming smile on his face again? Did he know that his smile can melt anything?’

She gasped after she thought that. ‘Wait! What I thought a second ago?! Aisht, Gong Minzy! Get your grip!’ she closed her eyes and shook her head to clear her mind. When she opened her eyes, the man already leaves the store and headed to his white BMW which proudly parked in front of the store.

Because Minzy can’t find her wallets, Han ahjumma let her to pay her stuffs tomorrow. She started to pick up her belongings on the counter while she bowed down for she can not count it to showed her gratitude and apologize.

When she was outside the store, suddenly her fcking phone started ringing. At a moment, she cursed her phone because hers can’t let the owner calmed just for a second. At first, she wouldn’t answer that phone but that damn thing can’t stop ringing and she decided to answer it before she lost her temper.

“Yoboseyyyyyoooooooooooooooo?” She hopes that her voice sounded angry, but the reality her voice heard like a depressed woman.

She frowned when the latter didn’t speak one word at her.

‘What the hell?! Is she/he deaf?!’ she though that.

“Yoboseyoooo? Hello? Who’s this? Can you speak? Yoboseyooooooo?”

When she decided to hang up, suddenly a man voice came through her ears.

“Yoboseyo? I’m sorry... is this Kang Daesung’s phone?”

‘Kang Daesung? What the hell!’

“You must be picking a wrong number. This is Gong Minzy’s phone, ahjussi! I’m hanging up!” she barked at him and hanging up his calls.

She stared angrily at her phones while she chewed her lips. “Can you just let me calm a bit?! Who created you, huh?! Do you know that I’m deadly tired?!” she throws her whole temper at it. Maybe she sounded crazy throwing her temper to her phones. But after she did that, she calmed a bit and started take a deep breath to soothe her temper. After that, she decided to call her mom who lived in Jakarta, Indonesia. Her mom asked Minzy to call her if she already on her way to her apartment. Thought she lived alone in Seoul and her parents lived in Jakarta, they always call her to check on her.

She flipped her black phones and started to press at number 1 which connecting with her parents’ house in Jakarta. But she frowned when she saw at the screen that not ‘Rumah Jakarta’  but Choi Dongwook’s name. (A/n: I decided to write it on bahasa. If I translate it into English, it turns out strange. ‘Rumah’ in English are House or Home. You can try to translate it into English. But I’m more comfortable with bahasa.) She froze at a second and quickly hanging up the call.

Minzy started observing her phone. It clearly look like her phones, well the model and the brand same with hers. She opened the contact list at the phone and frozen when she saw the lists of people that she clearly didn’t know.

“Ahn Sohee? Appa? Omma? Gummy noona? Choi Dongwook? Choi Hanbyul?” she mumbled the names of people and she didn’t knew all of them. Her brains whose already died a moment ago started to think.

At Han ahjumma’s stores, all her belongings scattered at the counter and her phones too. When the man’s at behind her phones ringing for the first time, she thought that it was her phone’s ringtone because they have same ringtone.

Then, his second phone started ringing. The man put in his first phone at the counter and pick up his calls from the second phones. So, on the counter there were two phones, hers and his.

She remembered the model his first phone same with hers. Before he leaves the store, he grabbed one from the phones at the counter. And now Minzy had a phone which same with hers but had a list of people she didn’t know.

Her brains clearly knew what already happened at her. It means that... that... the man had her phones while she had his! He grabbed wrong phone!

“Oh, God! Why today is really hard for me?! ottokae? Oh God I’m going crazy!!” she look at her surroundings to search his car. Unfortunately, his car already gone. Minzy can feel her knees falling and she wants to cry.

‘Why I should search him? I even didn’t know his name for pete sake!’

Suddenly, she got an idea coming from her deadly brains. The man had her phone. So if she called her phones and he pick up her called, she can know where he is and can ask her to bring it back. She started to call her number with his phone.

Minzy started walking back and forth while prayed to God to make him picking up her call

“please.. please... Dear, God! Please, answer.... ple- yoboseyo?”