Chapter 2

Doctor Woo

“Hi, Sun Mi-yah~”

“UNCLE CHUNNIE~” The little girl ran up to the ever so famous Micky Yoochun’s arms; he lifted her up and gave her a peck on the cheek.

“How’s my favorite niece today?” (Note: not his actual niece...that would make YooSu brothers...and this author is very much against that idea...because she loves her biffle and all, but...yeah, no.)

“I’m good~”

“Good.” Yoochun eyed the tired looking man that just walked in. “Yo, Su, you look dead.”

“Why thank you, thought the zombie look was a new trend.”

Yoochun set Sun Mi down, “Hey, Sun Mi-yah~ Go play with your other uncles, okay?”

“Okay~” and she scurried off into another random direction within the SM building (and the audience may now pray that she does not cause havoc wandering all those halls).

“Okay.” He looked at Junsu again, who was now sitting down in a very...unsophisticated manner on the couch in the lobby...if one could call it sitting at all. “What the hell crawled up your and nearly killed you?”

“HER!”

“Sun Mi?!” He falsely gasped. “But she’s an angel!”

“DON’T LET THE FIVE YEAR-OLD-NESS FOOL YA!”

“What’d she make you do this time?”

“...Story time.”

“What?”

“STORY TIME!”

“...as in?”

“STO. RY. TIME!”

“You mean where one has to tell a story to put the younger one to slee- oh......ouch.”

“SHE’S....BONKERS!”

“Bonkers? Really?”

Doctor Who, Donna, British space stuff, blah blah blah...”

“Blah blah blah indeed, ‘cause that’s all I’m hearing coming out of your mouth.”

“Whatever...she’s stuck with me...for a week.”

“Ouch.”

“...I need help.” Cue the puppy dog eyes.

“...You need counseling.”

“Shut up.”

“Shut down.”

“Are you doing this to mock me?” More puppy dog eyes.

“Are you doing this because you’re an idiot?”

“I hate you.” No more puppy dog eyes.

“But Su, our wedding’s next week~”

“WHOA, NO HOMO!”

“Whatever. Anyway...what do you plan to do?”

And a a small pause before an evil glint appeared in Junsu’s eyes as he stared back at Yoochun.

“...What...are you thinking about?”


“YAAAAAAY!” Sun Mi waved her hands around as both Junsu and Yoochun sat beside her on the bed, one on each side of her. She snuggled under the comforter with her stuffed animals and stared up at them in excitement. “I gots both uncles now~”

“How you managed to get me to come here-”

“Awww, see Sun Mi? Uncle Yoochun just loves you that much that when you asked him to come over, he came!”

“AWWW, THANK YOU UNCLE CHUNNIE~”

Sun Mi sat up and buried her face into his chest as she hugged him. Yoochun returned the hug, though not before glaring at Junsu, which he responded to with a simple beaming smile. “I’m so glad you’re here, Uncle Chunnie! Uncle Su tells the best stories, so you get to listen to them too!”

“Yeah...right...I can’t wait!” Yoochun said through clenched teeth as he kept his glare trained on Junsu, who continued to beam at him.

“So...” She settled back onto her pillow. “Uncle Su, you left off...with the random word...what was it?”

“It was ‘FLUFFY BUNNIES!’”

“UNCLE, THAT WAS SO NOT IT!”

“And I would totally question your uality and mental sanity if it was...” Yoochun mumbled under his breathe.

“Fine fine, it was ‘EXTERMINATE!’”

“HEY, I KNOW WHAT THAT IS!” Chun exclaimed.

“Oh great, you can start off the story then!” Junsu replied.

“Yeah, Uncle Chunnie!” Sun Mi agreed.

Oh, if looks could only kill, Junsu would been waaaay passed the incinerator by now, but sadly, glares were ineffective.

“Right, of course I can. Now if only your Uncle Su would tell me where he left off...”

“WHAT? UNCLE SU! YOU DIDN’T TELL HIM ABOUT THE STORY?!”

“And clearly, since I know nothing about it, your Uncle Su must continue first.”

“YEAH! GO UNCLE SU!”

Yoochun smirked at him while Junsu’s expression now mimicked his from earlier, a glare clearly visible to both the other two, though Sun Mi probably didn’t notice. She was too excited.

“EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!”

“What the hell? Why is TOP trying to learn how to sing?!”

“Actually, I think it’s more like Yunho’s little nasal voice finally got to him- I MEAN, DOCTOR! WE MUST-”

“YOU TOTAL PLAGIARIZER!” Yoochun butted in.

“YOU E!” Sun Mi screamed.

They both stared at her. “You keep calling me that. Stop it. Otherwise Yoochun will think...bad things about his friend.” He lightly patted her on the head as a way to let her know that he would be beating her into the bed if his friend was not present. “So quit calling me that, ‘kay?”

“...butyourestillaeuncle, oh I didn’t say anything. What? I said nothing.”

“...Junsu...who has she been talking to-”

ANYWAY! There was a loud bang, apparently coming from outside the DAMNIT.

“DUDE, WHAT IN THE WORLD?! YOU CAN’T SAY THAT IN FRONT OF HER!”

“Oh, it’s okay Uncle Chun-Chun, it’s an...ack...craaaww....neeeeeeem.”

“...an acronym?”

“YEAH THAT!”

See, she believes me! Back to the story!

“Uh...guys, what is that?”

“The Da-”

“EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!”

“DOCTOR, DO SOMETHING!”

“OH RIGHT, ‘CAUSE THAT WORKED OUT SO WELL LAST TIME!”

“Okay, what in the world is a...DAMNIT...anyway?”

“Dimensional Acceleration Modulating Network In Time.”

“Why couldn’t you just use the original TAR-”

The DAMNIT shook violently as more bangs against the side of the ship were heard. However, the arguing of the supposed ‘couple’ did not cease.

“YOU’RE SO EFFIN’ USELESS!”

“SO WHAT?! I GUESS MY USEFULNESS AND YOUR HEIGHT ARE ON THE SAME LEVEL!”

“SAY THAT AGAIN!”

“MAKE ME!”

“DOCTOR-”

“MY NAME IS WOOYOUNG, DAMN IT!”

Both Seung Ri and Min Young stared in shock.

“So wait...the Doctor...who’s Wooyoung...horrible choice for a doctor by the way...has two companions?”

“Yeah, Uncle Chun-Chun!”

“The...the Doc...D-Doctor...has a...n-name...” Seung Ri just stuttered.

Min Young’s eyes had never been wider than they were now. “You...but...I’ve asked you your name before! You just told me, ‘Yes.’ That wasn’t an answer! And now you decide to tell us your name?! You are just so confusing today...Doctor...Wooyoung? That sounds so awkward to say. I’m just going to forget that you have a name.”

“Same here.” Seung Ri shuddered. “It’s like...it’s like finding Carmen Sandiego. No more fun.”

“EXTERMINATE!”

“Right. We have bigger problems at the moment.”  Wooyoung fumbled with a few levers here and there, but nothing shot out at him. “Argh! What do we do?!”

“You’re the Doctor, you do something!”

“ARE WE GOING TO GO THROUGH THIS SONG AND NUMBER AGAIN, MATE?!”

“Why are you speaking in a British accent?”

“BECAUSE I’M THE DOCTOR AND I BLOODY WELL CAN.”

“Did you just call her your mate?” Seung Ri gasped and pointed a finger at him. “I knew it! I knew you two were together! Oh, God! You’re the Young Couple! I know your name now! Wooyoung and Min Young! YOUNG TOGETHER!”

“YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND!” Min Young screamed at the same time Wooyoung shouted, “YOU ARE OFF YOUR ROCKER!”

“WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ARE YOU STILL SPEAKING LIKE THAT?!”

“BECAUSE I BL-”

“Yah.” Sun Mi thwacked Junsu in the face with one of her pillows, which caused Yoochun to burst into loud laughter. “No accents. Especially not one that you can’t even do.”

“My niece...is so abusive...” Junsu pretended to cry.

“Well...at least she’s not a pedophi-”

“YOOCHUN, I CAN ACTUALLY BEAT YOU UP, SO SHUT. UP.”

Just as the arguments were about to escalate to some epic proportions again, one of the walls of the DAMNIT exploded. Seung Ri dove out of the way as another blast came through. This time, Wooyoung had to make a split decision and did a barrel roll. Min Young screamed and ducked under the control center. Two large robots rolled into the main room. Their...long...thin...nose things...swiveled every which way, looking...

“EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!”

“For Christ’s sake,” Wooyoung growled. “Do they say anything else?”

“TOPRI FTW! TOPRI FTW!”

Junsu reached out and locked his niece in a headlock. “YAH. NO......PAIRINGS...IN...MY...DOCTOR...WOO.”

She squirmed in his arms. “But Uncle~ they have to say something other than that!”

Yoochun snapped his fingers. “My turn! I actually know what the hell a Dalek is!”

Three more Daleks entered the room, all of them different colors of the rainbow. They went around in circles before spotting the three cowering people and signaled them to stand up. “EXTERMINATE!”

Before any of them could blow away one of his companions, Wooyoung sprang up. “Helloooooooooooooo there!”

“Oh, dear Lord,” Min Young sighed.

“Just how are you fine creatures doing today? It’s lovely out, isn’t it?” He smiled as he looked out the window...which showed the vast emptiness of space, for they still had not landed anywhere. “Beautiful weather, really. Tempted to go surfing...or skydiving.”

“EXTERMINATE!”

“Yes, yes, I get that part. You must have said it about a thousand times in the last five minutes.” He clapped his hands together in...some sort of excited yet scared feeling. “Now that we are acquainted with each other-”

“EXTERMINATE THE DOCTOR!”

“By George, you say more than one word and a pairing!”

“THE ACCENT IS BACK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~”

“YOU! STOP SQUIRMING RIGHT THIS INSTANT! AND YOU!” Junsu reached out to smack Yoochun, but his friend only had to jump up from the bed with a gleeful laugh. “YAH!”

“I’m still telling the story~”

“Right, well...I think our time together is sadly about to come to an end. You see...er...what are you again?”

“EXTERMINATE!”

“That is a verb, not a noun. Throw a name at me, please.”

“Those are Daleks,” Seung Ri whispered; he had crawled over to Min Young, who was hiding behind the Doctor’s...I mean Wooyoung’s legs. “But...what are you doing, Doctor?”

Wooyoung nodded. “Ah...okay. Daleks. Right. Listen here, you Daleks!”

“EXTERMINATE!”

“Yeah yeah yeah, how’s that working for you? But I just wanted to point out the obvious.” He whispered something under his breath, just enough for both Seung Ri and Min Young to hear. “Cover your ears.” And the volume of his voice rose up again as the two obeyed his instructions. “Technically, though you all are superbly armed, I’m sure, but what does it feel like to be locked up in a piece of machinery for so long? Never being able to...touch... Never being able to...feel.”

Silence filled the surrounding atmosphere as the Doc- I mean, Wooyoung began to pace to his left. “What kind of life do you live?” He approached a Dalek, looking right into its eye piece, “If...only...you could...DIE!”

He pulled out his sonic screwdriver and pointed it right to the eye piece as the entire room filled with the sonic, screeching sound.

“EVACUATE! EVACUATE!”

And just as quickly as they came, the five Daleks that had entered the DAMNIT teleported to who knows where. As soon as this happened, Wooyoung rushed over to the controls in the center of the room.

“Alright, redirecting central damage unit  conversion modules to infiltrated area. And...” Wooyoung pressed a couple more random buttons on the machine until he pulled a lever upward. “PRESTO!” The hole made by the Daleks had now magicallymaterialized and fixed itself.

“Alright, boy and...girl. Where are we off to next?”

“DOCTOR, YOU’RE BACK!” Min Young quickly jumped towards him, and trapped him in a hug.

“Whoa whoa whoa, hold it shorty, don’t just go around...glomping people like that.”

“IT’S MY TURN TO TELL THE STORY NOW!” Junsu shouted.

“NO, YOU’RE GONNA MESS IT ALL UP AGAIN!”

“MINE!” and Junsu opened his mouth to say something as the niece just watched her uncle and his friend act like kids.

“Does this mean...” Seung Ri started.

“Does this mean what?” Wooyoung questioned.

“...We can call you Doctor Woo?”

“Hmmm...”

“NO, THE DOCTOR DOESN’T HAVE A DAMN NAME!” Yoochun butted in once more.

“No, the Doctor will be fine-”

“NOOOO, HE’S ALREADY REVEALED HIS NAME TO BE WOOYOUNG!”

“I mean, sure, Doctor Woo...has a nice ring to it.”

“NO!”

“I MEAN, NO-”

“YES!”

“I MEAN YES!”

“I’M CONFUSED!” Min Young finally in, “WHATEVER, YOU’RE DOCTOR WOO, AND THAT’S THAT! NOW LET’S GO-”

But her statement had been cut off when the inside of the DAMNIT suddenly started to glow bright red, and its movement through the time-space continuum began to increase. Doctor Woo rushed over to the computer panel and looked at the monitor that displayed their movements.

“This...can’t be happening.”

“What’s going on, Doctor?”

“We’re...accelerating... year 5,000,000...7,000,000...12,000,000,000... 45,000,000,000,000... we’re-...”

“We’re what?! Where are we going?!”

“...We’re headed straight for the end of the universe....”

“THAT’S IT FOR TONIGHT!”

“NOOOO!” Sun Mi exclaimed...in unison with Yoochun.

“WHAT?!”

“You can just stop at a cliffhanger! That’s...that’s...BONKERS!” Yoochun shouted at him.

“Pft, and you said I had an obsession with the accent.”

“WHATEVER! You can’t just stop there! You’re the worst story-time person I know!”

“...You mean storyteller?”

“Alright, whatever you want. NOW!” Yoochun made Sun Mi face him, “Let’s continue, shall we?”

The DAMNIT came to an abrupt halt as all three bodies inside the room were launched from their spots to random places on the wall.

“...Ow...”

Anyway, blah blah blah, they all get up and what not. They finally open the door and step outside to examine their surroundings when-

“Um...a little help here...guys?”

Doctor Woo, Min Young, and Seung Ri turned there eyes back towards the DAMNIT and found nothing, so they turned back around.

“HEY!”

Once more, they turned around and found nothing, and once again, they turned back around.

“YO, YOU MORONS, DOWN HERE!”

The three of them finally turned back...and found three pairs of hands sticking out from beneath the large hamster ball.

“A LITTLE HELP WOULD BE SPLENDID, THANKS!”

“OH!” And Min Young went over to the side of the hamster ball...and just rolled it aside to reveal...

Well, I suppose she didn’t really have to recognize who they were, for they immediately leaped up to standing position and introduced themselves.

“I’m Chance.”

“Peter.”

“Young Sky.”

“AND WE’RE ONE WAY!” they all said in unison while doing some weird hand motions to accompany their exclamation.

Wooyoung walked up to them to get a closer look. “Ah, so the Aussie, the American, and the hybrid have decided to join us, eh?” he said while shaking their hands.

“How do YOU know who we are?” Peter eyed him suspiciously.

“Yo Pete, ease up, he probably just read our wiki page,” the one deemed ‘Young Sky’ said.

“Try me watching your PSA on youtube. Now. What exactly are your fantasies?” He raised an eyebrow.

“coughcoughahemahem.”

Seung Ri stepped in front of Wooyoung and waved his hands around wildly. “I...am certified in several martial arts and I will have my way with you if you attempt to hurt the Young couple! HA!” And then he did some sort of a hand chop in front of Peter’s face.

The boys looked unimpressed. “Hmmm...” He looked past the crazy Korean guy to wink at the other, slightly less crazy, Korean guy behind him. “Does this wackjob know who we are? Or rather, what we are?”

“Of course, he doesn’t. But I do,” Wooyoung replied proudly. Then he froze. “Wait, how do I know you guys?! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!”

Before anyone had time to breathe, Young Sky grabbed Seung Ri in a headlock and spun him around to face Doctor Woo. “So we’re what you call Facts,” Young Sky said while Seung Ri made a sound as if he were being choked by someone as bulky as The Rock...who was probably not as strong as Young Sky was, because Young Sky is amazing~

Wooyoung blinked rapidly. “So you ain’t fiction then.”

“Uh...no. We’re...Facts.”

“So you ain’t fiction then.”

“If we were fiction...al, we wouldn’t be standing here in front of you, now would we?”

“I don’t know. I could be imagining this entire scenario in my head, and all of you could be figments of my imagination. I could just be crazy. I could wake up right now, ready to go do some crazy stuff with my band members-”

“Holy...space...monkey,” Min Young said with a twisted expression.

“UNCLE, I SO KNOW WHAT YOU WERE GONNA SAY!”

“That is a bad thing that you know, Sun Mi. Now sit down and shut up and listen.”

“What?” Wooyoung asked, spinning around to glare at her for disrupting him...again.

“You’re in a band?”

“OF COURSE I AM IN A BAND! WE ARE SIX HOT GUYS FROM SOUTH KOREA WHO CAN SING AND DANCE AND DO-”

Seung Ri made a weird noise. “You...cannot dance, Doctor. We’ve seen you at it. You fail miserably.”

“I so can dance! I hip like no other~”

“WAAAAAAAAH SEUNG RI-OPPA SOUNDS SO BRAVE~”

“CAN YOU QUIT WITH THE INTERRUPTIONS?!”

“Junsu, she is five. Five. Let her have her fun.”

“No! First she wouldn’t let me have a bowling alley in my last story, and now she keeps interrupting me! I’ll never finish at this rate...”

“So while we’re all chatting and having a grand ol’ time, why don’t we move this conversation to the bowl- OW! WHY YOU LITTLE~”

Min Young stared at the Doctor curiously. “Who is he talking to? Why did he say ow?”

“FINE. FINE. WE’LL GO TO THE LIBRARY. THERE’S ABSOLUTELY NO BOWLING ALLEYS IN THERE!”

“There is a pool though,” Seung Ri piped up.

“THEN WE’LL SWIM AROUND IN THE POOL AND HAVE A PARTY AND GET DRUNK AND BE MERRY AND DO ALL SORT OF CRAZY SH-”

“Uncle!!!” “Junsu!”

“STUFF UNTIL THE SUN EXPLODES ON US!”

“Ohhhh~” Min Young groaned and shivered. “Don’t tell us that! Remember that one time, when the Dream Lord almost sent us into that frozen star? You remember how cold it was? Well, that’s what it’ll be like if we had no sun! Doctor, don’t jinx us like that.”

“Midget, if I hear one more word come from your mouth..”

“I bed your PARDON, Doctor. What did you just call me?!”

“You heard me, Shorty McShortpants. I called you a midget.Whatcha gonna do now- OWOWOWOW THAT WAS MY SHIN, YOU STUPID GIRL!” He dived after her, but she took off running down one of the many halls. “YOU! COME BACK HERE!” He righted himself and chased her, yelling nonsense the entire time.

That left Seung Ri and the members of Oneway completely alone. After an awkward moment of silence, Chance cleared his throat. “So...ah...mmm. Nice weather.”

“For space,” Young Sky muttered.

“I hear Midnight is a lovely place to visit,” Peter offered randomly.

“Not if you take a tour there. Weird place.” Seung Ri scowled at the memory. “The Doctor never did figure out what had infiltrated the ship that day...”

Yoochun held up a hand, forcing Junsu to stop. He ignored the Death Glare of Doom and spoke. “Hang on. You have a point there. That one writer dude...what was his name? He left with Tennant. Anyway, that dude. He never revealed what happened with that episode. It’s like...unknown. The Unknown Creature. Why couldn’t he have just named it later on in the series? And it never came back up. Does that mean it can only be found on Midnight?”

“Omo~ Chun-Chun has a point, Suzy. They never brought it back!”

Both of them stared at Junsu with questioning eyes. “So are you gonna reveal the big secret, Mr. Moffat’s apprentice?” Yoochun joked. “What’s the creature’s name?”

That left Junsu practically speechless. Practically. “Uh...er...well...you bring up...an interesting point...”

“Good thing I’ve actually seen that episode,” Yoochun said with a grin. “So tell us.”

“Yeah, Uncle Suzy! Tell us!”

“His name...is...” But, unable to come up with anything...

“YO, GET BACK HERE SHORTY!”

“I think it’s all that weight you put on DRAGGIN’ YOU DOWN!” Min Young yelled back.

“YAH, UNCLE-”

Junsu quickly shut with his own hand and continued.

But back with Seung Ri and the One Way members...

“So...what did you guys say you were again?”

“WE’RE ONE WAY!” they all said amazingly/terrifyingly in perfect sync once more.

“No...not that. You guys were...facts? What the hell are those?”

“Fixed points in time and space.”

“...but wouldn’t that be FPITS then?!”

“Dude, what the fu-”

“UNCLE!” she screamed through his hand.

“-freak! WHAT THE HELL ARE FPITS? FART PITS? WE DON’T EFFIN’ STINK, YOU-”

“Okay, stop,” Young Sky in. “We are Facts, it’s not an acronym. I guess you could say...we weren’t meant to happen.”

“Man, dude, why ya gotta put it like that? Sounds so...emo.”

“Well how would YOU put it then?”

“Okay, shut up!” Seung Ri finally interjected, looking ahead of them. “See, there’s Min Young with an unconscious Doctor coming back now...”

Min Young approached them, dragging the Doctor behind her by his jacket collar.

“Min...what...did you do?”

“Nothing too drastic,” she replied rather nonchalantly as she took his head and banged it against the side of the DAMNIT once more, immediately waking him up.

“OW!”

And the door to the DAMNIT opened. They all stepped inside.

“OKAY, NOW IT’S DONE FOR TONIGHT!”

“NOOOOOO!”

Okay, okay, fine. Doctor Woo went over to the control panels grudgingly while rubbing his forehead because of its painful misfortunes, thanking some omnipotent being up there (not that he really believed in any) that he did not have an eternal concussion.

“YOU THREE!” he shouted while pointing his finger accusingly at the three ‘One Way’ members.

“I DIDN’T DO IT!” Peter immediately exclaimed while the other two looked at him stupidly.

“This was your doing, wasn’t it?”

“What did we do?” Young Sky asked.

“You guys are facts. Mistakes if you will, something never meant to happen.”

“Man, why ya gotta put it like tha-”

“You jumped onto the exterior of the DAMNIT and hung on, but because of this, you made the DAMNIT go all whacko.”

“...what?”

“It tried to shake you off, even bringing you to the ends of the universe to do so, but apparently that didn’t stop you.”

“It’s all the gym work,” Peter stated while flexing his arm...

“...Just stop,” the Doctor commanded, and then sighed. “I guess you’ll be coming with us then...”

“REALLY?!”

“Well what else would you do?! You’re not even supposed to exist!”

“Man, why ya gotta-”

“Okay, shut up. Either you just join us, or you can be stuck at the end of the universe and do nothing.”

“...” The three looked at each other uneasily.

“So...we have a deal?”

“...”

All of a sudden, Yoochun pounced on top of Junsu. “DUDE. You need more women in this story. It’s like a freaking sausagefest, and that is...” He glanced at Sun Mi, who was happily munching away...on a box of Ritz crackers that just happened to be there...conveniently. “Not...appropriate...”

Junsu fought hard to keep from thumping him in the arm. “...this is my story.”

“You stole that from Final Fantasy X, Uncle.”

“No, I didn’t.”

“Yes, you did.”

“That’s your opinion.”

“This deal only lasts for the next...” He looked at his clock that was conveniently in his coat pocket. “The next 10 seconds.”

“OKAY, DEAL, DEFINITELY!” Peter took the liberty of shaking his hand rabidly with both of his own.

And so...their adventure continues...

“OKAY, DONE!”

“NOOO, UNCLE, IT CAN’T END THERE-”

“BED TIME!”

“YAH!”

“YOU TOO, YOU BIG MOUSE!”

Junsu ignored the glare coming from his friend as he quickly exited the room, switching off the lights as he did so.