Umma & The Talking Elmo Incident

You're My Twinkle

 

A week has passed since the day Ellie left their dorm and Krystal was not able to bid her goodbye to the little girl as she had an early schedule that day. Sitting alone in the practice room, her mind drifted to the moments she had with her friend’s niece. It was her first time to get so attached to a kid because she didn’t really like them to be exact. However Ellie is an exception. Why? She didn’t know either.


Flashback - The last night before Ellie return to her father


The soon to debut girls were playing with Ellie in their living room, teaching the little girl saying a few words. 
For the first attempt, they taught the chubby girl on how to pronounce their names and it turned out that she can pronounce all the names quite well, except her saviour’s name. It turns out to as ‘kle’ instead of Krystal, which the latter didn’t care much as she found it was cute that the little girl pronounced it like that. 


After that, Krystal tried to teach the girl on how to say “umma”. The word slipped from without she noticed the changes of expression of her friends. She looked at her friends questioningly as all of them remained silence. Sulli was about to open but was stopped at the word that was spoken by her niece. 


“Um-Umma” 


The three aunties looked at Ellie with a disbelief eyes, especially Sulli.


“What are you saying Ellie??” Sulli said as she held her niece’s shoulder with the both of her hands. 


“Umma” she said confidently. She also had a big grin on her face after she managed to say that. 


Happy tears were rolled down on the aunty’s cheek later. She hugged her niece tightly and planted kisses on the girl’s head. Victoria and Luna were congestive upon seeing the scene as they were informed about Nicole earlier, while Krystal was left dumbfounded. 


After a while, the little girl fell asleep on Krystal’s lap and then they filled up the information that Krystal missed. After knowing the story, she felt guilty but was assured by the babbly friend of her that she was doing a good job, because the little girl never say that word whenever she and her family taught her previously. That night was the first time Ellie uttered that word without being forced. 


End of Flashback


Krystal sighed as she started to miss the little girl. She reached her phone that was placed on the table and open the album section. She flicked through all the images and found the picture of her and the little girl. The picture was taken on the day Ellie visited their practice room. Ellie wore a light pink elmo t-shirt together with a black jean with a cute ponytail on her hair while on the other hand she wore a pinkish t-shirt with a denim jeans and her hair was tied to a left ponytail. They were told by the people they met at how cute they two as mom and daughter because of their almost matching outfit, and because of that, the picture were taken.


A smile crept on her lip as she looked at the picture again and again until Sulli’s voice snapped her out of her trance. 


An hour later.... 


After convincing her best friend to accompany her for shopping, Sulli dragged Krystal from one shop to another in the mall. She was totally enjoying it as there were 5 bags on her hands while Krystal was carrying the rest two of her shopping bags for her. 



Sulli was trying the dress in the fitting room when Krystal told her she wanted to go to the loo. 


After finishing her ‘business’, Krystal walked back towards the shop where Sulli was but stopped as she passed by a gift shop. An elmo toy that was hanging behind the thick glass of the gift shop got her attention. She made up her mind and walked into the colourful shop with one intention – getting a new elmo for her baby Ellie.


Krystal POV


Which one should I pick? There are a lot of elmo collections here and all of them are cute!. 


*grab an elmo that wore a blue stripes pyjama on


What if she already has this one? 


*thinking and put it back on the rack after a while


Is there any special item here?


*scanning the elmo collections once again


Hmm.... ah that’s it! 


As I want to grab the box of the talking elmo, I felt another hand on top of mine and a tingling sensation was felt as our skin touched. I turned my head towards the person and 


“Ah, sorry miss..” he said as he removed his hand. 


I examined his face and then it hit me. He was the same person that I had bumped into a week ago. 


“........” 


“Miss? Are you okay?”


“Y-yess” Why am I stuttering? -__-"


“W-wait, aren’t you the one that I bumped into last week?” he asked 


“..uhum” I nodded as I couldn’t form any sentence on my mind, clearly shocked that he remembers me. 


“What a coincidence right?, Anyway I’m Adden” He offered his hand for a handshake.



Did I heard it clearly? Adden? He mustn’t the Adden I knew. Maybe just another person with a same name


“Soojung” I said as I accept his hand. Again, the awkward yet comfortable feeling came and disappeared as soon as he retreat his hand after the handshake.


I could see his eyes widened upon hearing my name but was quickly changed to a crescent eye smile afterwards. 


“Are you going to take this?” he asked as he fixed his eyes on the box in his hands.


“Yes”


“Here you go” He shoved me the box which I gladly accept it.


“How about you?” I asked as I realized it was the last one left of that particular version. 


“Urm... I’ll take this” he said as he took the elmo that I examined earlier. 


“Uh- thanks” 



“Anyway I need to go, perhaps we can bump into one another again in the future” he said and again playfully saluted me while the warm smile never leaves his mouth before turning towards the counter. *the action is the same as Siwon made at the ending of no other’s mv 


I could feel blood rushes to my cheek as I saw his action. I hang my head low and waited till he stepped out of the shop. 


After hearing the sound of the door bell, I walked towards the counter. I handed the box to the cashier and she handed me the bag after scanning the bar code.


As I want to hand her the money, the cashier quickly stopped me.


“It’s okay miss, the guy earlier had paid this for you” she said while smiling. 



Amber POV


Ellie seemed to be in depressed mode lately. She wasn’t her happy self after I picked her from Sulli’s dorm. Sulli told me that Krystal managed to make Ellie utter the word ‘umma’ and it shocked me. I kept telling Ellie about Nicole and that she wasn’t here with us because she’s already in the heaven. It seems that Ellie understood what I’m saying since she would smile whenever I show Nicole’s picture and will utter the word ‘heaven’ afterwards. I taught her to say ‘umma’ but she would never open or try to say it and all she can respond whenever me or any other family ask her about ‘umma’ is the word ‘heaven’. I was wondering if that word bothered her. 


I went to the mall to find a new elmo for Ellie to cheer up her after I finished my job at the office. 


I saw the “Talking Elmo” toy that was showed at the front of the shop and went inside. I made my way towards the Elmo collection and succeed to find the toy after a few rounds of searching. 


I could feel a jolt of electricity went through my blood vessel as my hand touch another person’s hand while grabbing the toy’s box. I saw a girl was trying to grab the same box from my peripheral vision.


“Ah, sorry miss..” I said as I removed my hand from the girl’s hand. 


I focused my eyes towards the girl and found that she was shocked to see me.


“Miss? Are you okay?”


“Y-yess” she stuttered. Why is she stuttering? Wait, that face, the voice... Oh, she’s the girl in front of Sulli’s dorm!


“W-wait, aren’t you the one that I bumped into last week?” I asked. 


“..uhum”she replied as she nodded her head. 


“What a coincidence right?, Anyway I’m Adden” I offered my hand for a handshake.


“Soojung” she replied as she accept my hand.


Soojung? Isn’t that the name of my junior back at LA? Ah, maybe she has the same name but I think this Soojung is not the Soojung I know since she seems more matured than her. 


“Are you going to take this?” I asked as I grab the box and search for the price tag.


“Yes”


I smiled to her before handing the box “Here you go” 


“How about you?” she asked as she just realized that it was the last one available.


“Urm... I’ll take this” I said as I grabbed an elmo with a blue striped pyjama on. At least this one wears something because all Ellie’s elmo are a.k.a not wearing anything, just a plain red. 


“Uh- thanks” her voice echoed disrupting my mind about Ellies’ elmo. 


“Anyway I need to go, perhaps we can bump into one another again in the future” I said and again playfully saluted her the same way I did a week ago. 


I made my way to the counter and told the cashier to include her Elmo’s price in my bill. I walked out of the shop and made my way towards the parking lot. 


“Oppa!” I heard a familiar voice called me from behind. I turned my head and found that it was Sulli.


“Hey Ssul, what are you doing here?”


“I was shopping with Krystal before she go to the ladies. How about you oppa?”


I raised the bag that contains Ellie’s elmo towards Sulli.


“For Ellie?”


“Yeah, where’s Krystal?”


“I don’t know either; it’s been a while since she went there.”


“Hey Sul,” My sentence was cut off as Sulli saw someone approaching us from my back.


“S..” Sulli said. 






gah! i am so lazy to type the last few alphabets! muahahaha... comment please. thanks con18.gif